Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Here's the difference, you have no issue with them all being killed. To you, they are nothing. They aren't human, they are simply deserving of death. Meanwhile, you get outraged and vitriolic when people disparage pedophiles.

That says a lot about your character.
    Nothing? If they were nothing to me I wouldn't care. To me they are something, they are the people who kill, harasses, and get away with everything. They are the people who sit by and watch their partner beat a person to death and then cover it up. They are the people who arrive 12 on a scene and watch as three of them murder someone while laughing about it AND NONE OF THEM SAY OR DO ANYTHING They are the people who uphold the very shit system we have.

We have the most violent most MURDERING police force in the whole fucking god damn world AND WE JUST LEARNED THIS WEEK IT'S 55% WORSE

They are humans and too many of them are absolute shit humans. Your pedo comment is also pure fucking bullshit but I can't expect much form a person who has poor comprehension skills. When I say why certain things should and shouldn't happen to criminals idiots claim it's a defence. Like I "defended" the two thieves murdered in cold blood. You seem allergic to the very notion of nuance and critical thought... but again... libertarian, what can I really expect?

7+ Year Old Account
    There’s very little glass in either of your houses at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    There’s very little glass in either of your houses at this point.
    Which glass house since apparently I have two, both of which are bullshit. On the first, every single point I've ever made has always been about reducing crime that's pretty much it. My arguments have always been about reducing child abuse, somehow people instead see it differently because they don't want to see bad people as humans and to do so makes them uneasy, yet... this self-centred way of thinking does nothing to stop future victimisation. It's this endless loop of "omg I hate this crime, let's not deal with how to reduce it short of culling and just... idk just do nothing."

It's the one fucking point anyone ever brings up to try and discredit me. I believe years ago I posted the article that changed my mind on the subject. What was the article? Well one day on the front page of MSN I saw a news article, it was just about a person who was 18 wanting to see a therapist in order to seek help with his attraction to children. Well no one would take him, furthermore many therapist only help people who have already raped children. What kind of twisted fucked up system is that? Where a person is so stigmatised that they can't seek help, until they hurt someone else. Which brings me often to the point of... people don't actually care about stopping the crime... they care about hurting the person who committed the crime and then look no further.

Now my second glass house is me not giving a shit about police officers... why would I? Hell the UN says the USA police officers perform modern day lynchings and nothing is being done to address it. Then you have the FBI saying they're invested with kkk neo-nazi and white nationalist terror groups, and an entire sheriff department with most of their members in gangs. And just recently we see a bunch of cops in the fucking oath keepers. Then on top of this the cops do all shit this blatant as fuck and the "good cops" do nothing. In fact the very very few that do end up harassed and pushed out...because good cops are the enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Nothing? If they were nothing to me I wouldn't care. To me they are something, they are the people who kill, harasses, and get away with everything. They are the people who sit by and watch their partner beat a person to death and then cover it up. They are the people who arrive 12 on a scene and watch as three of them murder someone while laughing about it AND NONE OF THEM SAY OR DO ANYTHING They are the people who uphold the very shit system we have.

We have the most violent most MURDERING police force in the whole fucking god damn world AND WE JUST LEARNED THIS WEEK IT'S 55% WORSE

They are humans and too many of them are absolute shit humans. Your pedo comment is also pure fucking bullshit but I can't expect much form a person who has poor comprehension skills. When I say why certain things should and shouldn't happen to criminals idiots claim it's a defence. Like I "defended" the two thieves murdered in cold blood. You seem allergic to the very notion of nuance and critical thought... but again... libertarian, what can I really expect?
    Fuck that, you aid they deserved to die. I quoted you, just to make sure there was no dodging.

Plenty of cops do speak up, and do try to stop it (not nearly enough). But, according to you, they deserve to die. Do you need me to provide your quote, again?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Fuck that, you aid they deserved to die. I quoted you, just to make sure there was no dodging.

Plenty of cops do speak up, and do try to stop it (not nearly enough). But, according to you, they deserve to die. Do you need me to provide your quote, again?
    The cops in the white van would have deserved it.

I mean the past tensed words should imply something to a native English speaker which I believe you are.

You know play stupid games win stupid prizes it's in the same fucking sphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sociopathic? The police are driving around shooting people who were protesting the brutal murder of a man and me saying they would have served to die if they had been shot to death is sociopathic exactly where do you draw the fucking line?
    Uh, you can still be a sociopath even if you're "only" rooting for the death of other sociopaths.

Don't want to be a sociopath? Don't root for people's deaths. Simple as.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Uh, you can still be a sociopath even if you're "only" rooting for the death of other sociopaths.

Don't want to be a sociopath? Don't root for people's deaths. Simple as.
    I don't think you know what the worth sociopath means. Anti-social personality disorder is not a thing I have here.. if it was my disregard for their lives wouldn't come from a place of "they're killing us and get away with it" but from a place of total apathy. I can't sound "sociopathic" because I fucking lay out the reasons and all.

Would you consider an Iraqi sociopathic for saying some American soldiers would have deserved to die after they got away from a situation where people shot on them because they had just killed some civilians? If you wouldn't think they sociopathic, why me? I guess you just don't see the police situation as that much of a dire situation. I guess you may disagree with the UN on their opinion that the police force in America essentially performs modern day lynchings.

Maybe if you were the main target of these modern day lynchings you'd have a different opinion.

I guess we reserve the vitriol for lay person criminals... but not for police who should uphold the law and unlike lay cirminals... have a system that allows them to kill and get away with it happily.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-10-09 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know what the worth sociopath means...
    Are you literally trying to argue that your behavior is closer to that of a psychopath than a sociopath? Wow, that's...

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I don't think you know what the worth sociopath means. Anti-social personality disorder is not a thing I have here.. if it was my disregard for their lives wouldn't come from a place of "they're killing us and get away with it" but from a place of total apathy. I can't sound "sociopathic" because I fucking lay out the reasons and all.

Would you consider an Iraqi sociopathic for saying some American soldiers would have deserved to die after they got away from a situation where people shot on them because they had just killed some civilians? If you wouldn't think they sociopathic, why me? I guess you just don't see the police situation as that much of a dire situation. I guess you may disagree with the UN on their opinion that the police force in America essentially performs modern day lynchings.

Maybe if you were the main target of these modern day lynchings you'd have a different opinion.

I guess we reserve the vitriol for lay person criminals... but not for police who should uphold the law and unlike lay cirminals... have a system that allows them to kill and get away with it happily.
    I'm pretty sure when you're expressing that anyone deserves to die, insisting loudly and angrily that you're not a sociopath rings kind of hollow.

The cops in the white van would have deserved it.

I mean the past tensed words should imply something to a native English speaker which I believe you are.

You know play stupid games win stupid prizes it's in the same fucking sphere.
    I even called on you to clarify, and you said cops... not just those guys. No need to backpedal.

We can reserve vitriol for "lay person criminals" as well as police criminals without cheering on extrajudicial murder of either...because extrajudicial murder is bad, right? I am also not a fan of judicial murder, but that's for another discussion, I suppose.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Extrajudicial murder isn’t great, but in some cases there are going to be a lot fewer tears than in others.
    That I completely agree with.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    We can reserve vitriol for "lay person criminals" as well as police criminals without cheering on extrajudicial murder of either...because extrajudicial murder is bad, right? I am also not a fan of judicial murder, but that's for another discussion, I suppose.
    Yeah, see, this is a non-sociopathic response.

If someone thinks that sociopaths are apathetic to everything, then they clearly don't understand what sociopathy is. Sociopaths can reason. If a sociopath feels that people like them are being targeted, then they can easily think that it's in their best interest to advocate for the death of the people doing the targeting, because the sociopath doesn't have a conscience telling them that it's wrong to wish the death of others.

So, like, maybe don't be that guy?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Great. So you agree with Themius. Just not that all cops rise to pedo levels(assuming you wouldn’t cry over someone who killed the person raping their child). It’s a difference in perspective I suppose, but when cops have gotten away with the shit they do for as long as they have? I get it. Even in nice suburbs I’ve seen cops pulling the same shit you see in inner cities. They just don’t get the excuse to shoot as often. And their coworkers who do NOTHING to prevent it are complicit.
    God, you're insufferable sometimes. I didn't shed tears over Rush Limbaugh, but I also didn't think he "deserved" to die.

That’s called perspective. I do believe there are times people deserve to die. Weird you don’t. I guess you’d let the bomber kill 200 before shooting them down because it’s deserved.
    Yeah, I'm not super comfortable with deciding who "deserves" to die.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I'm pretty sure when you're expressing that anyone deserves to die, insisting loudly and angrily that you're not a sociopath rings kind of hollow.
    Depends... I personally have had to deal with racism and the fear of things going wrong because of police. I literally have a fear of driving and overwhelming feelings of dread because of how things can go... I've seen asked "what's a person like you doing here?" relatives have had cops draw guns on them for being in their own car because someone said they stole it because brown people can't have expensive cars...

So my experiences don't lend me to have much sympathy. It's like me having sympathy for the guy who bullied me... I don't? Though his bullying was less deadly so I wouldn't think they deserve anything too terribly bad.

Then don’t vote for any politicians. Ever. In fact, stop being involved in politics entirely.
    That's a complete non sequitur, aside from being just a really dumb thing to say generally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody deserves to die.

That said, if the vet who fired back at the officers in the unmarked van had killed every single one of them, he'd both have a completely solid self-defense claim that justifies his actions and would likely have had grounds to sue the everloving fuck out of the PD and the city for the actions of those officers putting him into that situation, particularly as he wasn't a lone victim and there remains a clear issue with the police department's training and self-governance.

There's a difference between saying someone deserves death, and pointing out that their (hypothetical, here) killing was justified. "Deserves" at least implies if not outright states that said individual should still be killed, right now. They "deserve" it. "Justified" is inherently contextual to the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    God, you're insufferable sometimes. I didn't shed tears over Rush Limbaugh, but I also didn't think he "deserved" to die.
    He died by cancer after smoking for years and spreading lies about it and cancer treatment... it's ironic no?

No it isn’t. You don’t want to decide who should be punished with death. Politics is about making that choice. Even if the answer is nobody. Your statement is that you don’t want to be stressed by making that decision. Sure, some people should be shot to stop them from killing 500 more. But you don’t want to make that call. Then stop making that call by supporting the people making it.
    It is, in fact, an incredibly dumb non sequitur. I am against capitol punishment--I don't want the state making that decision. I disagree with anti-vaxxers, but I don't think they deserve to die. I think criminals (cops and "lay criminals" alike) deserve due process. People like you who think you're in a position to say who "deserves" to die should probably get out of politics, thanks.