Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Go tell that to all the people that lost their livelihood, jobs and financial future. They are no doubt pleased that most riots where peaceful.
    You could have just said you can't cope with anything that proves you wrong lol
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yet more appeals to emotion rather than fact-based arguments.

Remember;
    You are not even denying at this point that innocent people got hurt because of the actions of BLM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not even denying at this point that innocent people got hurt because of the actions of BLM.
    Again:

Cry me a river. Emotional mindset is not a valid way to proof your case. Thats emotional manipulation
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, "BLM" is not an organization.

Also, the vast majority of the violence associated with BLM protests was not initiated by BLM protesters. It was either incidental to the protests, initiated by police, or initiated by right-wing counter-protesters or false-flag operatives (and for the latter, I'm only talking about the ones where that was confirmed to be true, not hypothetical claims).

So no. Your framing here is directly dishonest, and intended to paint a movement aimed at racial equity in a negative light, because you have a racist agenda.

And regardless, we're gonna keep going back to your earlier complaint;

Emotional mindset is not a valid way to proof your case.
    Your argument here is nothing but emotion. That's all you've got. You can't deal with the facts, or actual incidents in their full context. Just appeals to naked emotion kept so vague there's nothing to actually fact-check in the first place.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Also, the vast majority of the violence associated with BLM protests was not initiated by BLM protesters. It was either incidental to the protests, initiated by police, or initiated by right-wing counter-protesters or false-flag operatives (and for the latter, I'm only talking about the ones where that was confirmed to be true, not hypothetical claims).

So no. Your framing here is directly dishonest, and intended to paint a movement aimed at racial equity in a negative light, because you have a racist agenda.
    Now not to come to DK's defense for any reason, but it -is- a touch disingenuous to say that absolutely none of the 'Rioting' was caused by folks on the protester's side and we can debate 'till the cows come home on if the first stones in those instances were tossed by actual protesters or opportunistic rioters.

That said, I otherwise agree that it's hilariously disingenuous to say that every single instance of BLM rioting and violence was solely caused by the protesters; as we've got shitloads of video out there showing Cops, Counter Protesters, or Third Party agents stirring shit up or throwing the first punches. And just as disingenuous to say that those flares of violence are indicative of the protests as a whole - as seen in the Graph on the previous page - and doing so's just a naked appeal to pearl-clutchers. Which is, as this poster puts it:

[An] Emotional mindset is not a valid way to proof your case...

Go tell that to all the people that lost their livelihood, jobs and financial future. They are no doubt pleased that most riots where peaceful.
    CVS and AutoZone will survive, chain stores usually do. also pretty sure that AutoZone fire was set by a cop so that one doesn't even count against BLM lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Oh boy, all my true Scotsmen support BLM
    that's not what that term means, please go look it up before looking foolish for no real reason.

And regardless, we're gonna keep going back to your earlier complaint;

Your argument here is nothing but emotion. That's all you've got. You can't deal with the facts, or actual incidents in their full context. Just appeals to naked emotion kept so vague there's nothing to actually fact-check in the first place.
    OMG mate this doesnt make your argument any better. If BLM knew that right wing instigators where among the crowds why didnt they stop the protests? Not once did they stop and think what happend.
    So BLM willingly endangered other lives all the while thrashing their own reputation in the process. That makes them both immoral and dangerously stupid. And the instigators got what they wanted
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/wp-conte...0414.png?w=700

The judge says otherwise as do many people with a sense of decency. This is not a hill you wish to die on. If you want Trump back as president in 2024 just keep on what you are doing.
    Make no mistake, this is the same person who said that people who oppose racists are the scum of the Earth.

You may not be the best judge of character.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...remists/page20
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-10-30 at 08:19 PM.

there haven't even been any BLM protests since the summer of 2020. also Chauvin got what he deserved, there being a cooling effect isn't something to take with anything but a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Beacuse the 1st amendment exists maybe?

Have you always been a coward that buckles to terrorism or is this a new development?
    whose to say they didn't in fact kick them out, lot of hearsay to make vague points.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG mate this doesnt make your argument any better. If BLM knew that right wing instigators where among the crowds why didnt they stop the protests? Not once did they stop and think what happend.
    So BLM willingly endangered other lives all the while thrashing their own reputation in the process. That makes them both immoral and dangerously stupid. And the instigators got what they wanted
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/wp-conte...0414.png?w=700
    How dare BLM not back down in the face of violent right wing extremists. The blood shed by violent right wing extremists is on BLM's hands for not "knowing their place".

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Endus has peaked - not supporting BLM automatically means you are racist. Does this include those black people in States who do not support them?
    Yeah, accepting racist constructs makes you racist, more news at 11.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah, accepting racist constructs makes you racist, more news at 11.
    not supporting blm doesn't mean you accept racist constructs.

extremists like you need to be monitored by the governments of the world. just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Now not to come to DK's defense for any reason, but it -is- a touch disingenuous to say that absolutely none of the 'Rioting' was caused by folks on the protester's side and we can debate 'till the cows come home on if the first stones in those instances were tossed by actual protesters or opportunistic rioters.
    I'm really not interested in taking the handful of individuals out of millions of protestors who might have behaved badly and trying to construe that's representative of the movement as a whole.

That's entirely DKjaigen, and why I'm crapping on that argument.

The amount of violence or vandalism caused by BLM protesters may be non-zero, but it was also not significant, and the majority of associated violence with the protests was not originated by BLM protesters.

That's such a fuckin' ridiculous idea I don't even have to make a counterpoint. I just have to point at your "argument" and laugh.

Yeah, BLM should've totally stopped protesting because agitators were trying to cause a ruckus. Bowing down to the agitators and giving those agitators everything they wanted is definitely the reasonable fuckin' option.

You're so obviously not a serious person.

Nope. This is you lying, and trying to blame BLM for their opponents' actions. It's deflection and racism, and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post

extremists like you need to be monitored by the governments of the world. just in case.
    Bold to just come out and say you support facism.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Bold to just come out and say you support facism.
    protecting society and the people living in it from extremists isn't fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not supporting BLM does mean you value the lives of black people less than you value the lives of other people.

That's the entire movement. You either support that black lives matter as much as anyone's (and thus support BLM as a movement), or you don't support that (in which case, you're racist, because that's a racist point of view).

It's pretty darned binary. I don't see how you can make any case that someone not thinking black lives are as valuable as anyone's is anything but a racist.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Not supporting BLM
    going to stop you right there.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1832213.html

why would i support a movement that has people that actively perpetrates hate crimes against us?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's really a middle ground on equality, either you're in favor or it or you're in favor of discrimination that protects the status quo where you have a superior position in that hierarchy.

protecting society and the people living in it from extremists isn't fascism.
    Well...
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    going to stop you right there.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1832213.html

why would i support a movement that has people that actively perpetrates hate crimes against us?
    So what you're saying is you don't think black lives matter, then?

Don't even get me started on antiblackness and colorism in Asian communities, sweetheart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So what you're saying is you don't think black lives matter, then?
    stop deflecting and answer the question.