1. #19401
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, got any examples of what you claim is legal like, actually being legal?

    Or is this all fanfiction to justify your apparent eagerness to kill someone over some photos?
    The latter, considering this is the same person recirculating propaganda brought to you by French fascists.

  2. #19402
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    nope... i just quoted my original post what i said...
    To quote it again;
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    someone steals my childhood photos and refuse to give them back i would try to take it back by force from them even if it means their death.
    Literally nothing in that post about the thief attacking you and forcing you to defend yourself.

    Just "guy stole from me" straught to "I murder that guy".

    You've tried to insert "well if he fought me and I felt threatened enough to warrant lethal force" into what you originally stated, but it is not anywhere in that original post. Just the theft was what you felt justified your use of lethal force.

    And that isn't how the law works anywhere in the developed world. Not even Sweden.

  3. #19403
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To quote it again;
    you seriously lack reading comprehension lol...

  4. #19404
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you seriously lack reading comprehension lol...
    Hey, maybe you're missing my posts. Were there any cases where the situation you described occured? What were the charges? If there were court rulings, what were they?

    Because right now your argument is, "It's legal because I say it is, just trust me, guy.".

  5. #19405
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, maybe you're missing my posts.
    no... you would have been on ignore ages ago if you weren't a mod and unable to be ignored...

  6. #19406
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you seriously lack reading comprehension lol...
    For not imagining stuff that's literally not anywhere in the post in question?

    Your original argument was just that theft entitled you to kill the thief. Nothing else.

    I can't build responses on the secret thoughts you keep in your head. I have to go by what you actually put into words.

  7. #19407
    Aight cool, I'll stop quoting you if it bugs ya. Just glad we got to the bottom of you making shit up to justify your desire to kill other people.

  8. #19408
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For not imagining stuff that's literally not anywhere in the post in question?

    Your original argument was just that theft entitled you to kill the thief. Nothing else.

    I can't build responses on the secret thoughts you keep in your head. I have to go by what you actually put into words.
    "even if it means their death" doesn't mean "i'm certainly going to kill this person"... which you are claiming i'm saying lol... it means that's a possible outcome of a confrontation...

  9. #19409
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    "even if it means their death" doesn't mean "i'm certainly going to kill this person"... which you are claiming i'm saying lol...
    It says you're willing to kill someone just for taking childhood photos of yours.

    That's not legally defensible anywhere in the developed world. You'd be charged and convicted of murder. Because that's what you're describing. Yes, even in Sweden.

  10. #19410
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    "even if it means their death" doesn't mean "i'm certainly going to kill this person"... which you are claiming i'm saying lol... it means that's a possible outcome of a confrontation...
    Then it would be defending yourself against assault, not "taking back your property".

    And you have the gall to bitch about other people's reading comprehension.

  11. #19411
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It says you're willing to kill someone just for taking childhood photos of yours.

    That's not legally defensible anywhere in the developed world. You'd be charged and convicted of murder. Because that's what you're describing. Yes, even in Sweden.
    at worst it would be what's called dråp here if they die as a result of me trying to take my stuff back... at best i'd be walking free...

    and it's not "just"... they have no fucking use for those photos at all...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-04-27 at 02:09 AM.

  12. #19412
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    at worst it would be what's called dråp here
    Oh so it's not murder it's just manslaughter, which is totally better.

    Lol.

  13. #19413
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    at worst it would be what's called dråp here if they die as a result of me trying to take my stuff back... at best i'd be walking free...
    Literally cite any comparable case. Just one.

  14. #19414

  15. #19415
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally cite any comparable case. Just one.
    this isn't even a case where someone was taking property... they were just outside his home after they had harassed his son... he just walked out and shot one to death and then shot the other one in the back when he tried to run...

    https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/2056495

    A Swedish court has found a 50 year old man not guilty of murder or attempted murder after he shot a 15 year old boy to death and wounded another teen with his shotgun.
    he got manslaughter and aggravated assault and didn't go to prison even...

  16. #19416
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    this isn't even a case where someone was taking property...
    Sweaty, this isn't a comparable case. This is aggravated home defense with a history of incidents, not you having a license to murder someone because they decided your shitty photographs were worth stealing.

  17. #19417
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sweaty, this isn't a comparable case. This is aggravated home defense with a history of incidents, not you having a license to murder someone because they decided your shitty photographs were worth stealing.
    they just showed up and shouted stuff and he walked outside with his rifle and shot them... he hit the 15 year old in the arm at first... he got some 14 meters before he fell when he was trying to run... the man walked up to him and reloaded his rifle and shot him right in the chest from 1m distance... instantly killing him... manslaughter... not murder... no prison time even...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-04-27 at 02:24 AM.

  18. #19418
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    they just showed up and shouted stuff and he walked outside with his rifle and shot them
    No, they didn't. From your own source:

    The shootings came when a gang of teenagers went to the man’s house in Rödeby in the middle of the night last October, following telephone threats against the family’s 19 year old son. The family had long claimed that they were harassed by the gang, without any intervention by the local police.
    Do you ever get tired of just making shit up? Clearly not given you're far more fascinated with the logistics of the killing than the context surrounding it.

  19. #19419
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No, they didn't. From your own source:



    Do you ever get tired of just making shit up? Clearly not given you're far more fascinated with the logistics of the killing than the context surrounding it.
    i'm not making anything up... the article just isn't particularly loaded on what went down compared to swedish pages...

    They shouted and behaved badly, but there was never any threat of death. The prosecutor said that the 15-year-old who was shot to death had to pay "the ultimate price" for the comrades' harassment of the family.

    - He could even have shot in the air or stayed inside the house because there was already a contact with the police. These boys did not deserve to be pushed for their youthful recklessness, he says.

    Since the 17-year-old was shot in the back, it is also not a matter of self-defense. The 15-year-old was shot with a second shot at a distance of one meter. Nor can it be a question of self-defense.

  20. #19420
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i'm not making anything up... the article just isn't particularly loaded on what went down...
    "Citing" a source which points out that the killing was unjustified and that the court's decision might have been incorrect to support your claim that it's okay to murder people over property damage is a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see how that works out for you.

    Also, you claimed "they just showed up" when your own source points out a history of aggravated interactions. It's not a comparable case, it's you making up bullshit as usual. Sit down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •