Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    None of which changes what I said. So there's that.
    Of course it does... you are adding additional threats in a very tense situation. Physically intervening could easily make things much, much worse.

Now, I cannot speak for other countries, but in the United States, I can easily see someone getting shot for doing that. I'll ask my LEO buddies in a couple hours, and see what they have to say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I saw the picture, and I'm not buying it. There's a Facebook page bouncing around that clearly looks fake (posts are from late last night).
    Yeah, you're right, doesn't seem to be him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, you're right, doesn't seem to be him.
    To me, he looks a bit thinner in the face. And honestly, I suck at trying to compare faces.

Finding that picture of him just seems a bit too "easy."

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Of course it does... you are adding additional threats in a very tense situation. Physically intervening could easily make things much, much worse.

Now, I cannot speak for other countries, but in the United States, I can easily see someone getting shot for doing that. I'll ask my LEO buddies in a couple hours, and see what they have to say.
    *shrug* I refuse to be an inactive bystander when it comes to obvious oversteps in authority. Chalk it up to losing a few family members/ancestors to Nazis.

Also, it didn't seem so tense to the shitstain kneeling on the guy's neck. How nonchalant must you be to keep your hands in your pockets as you slowly choke the life from someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    *shrug* I refuse to be an inactive bystander when it comes to obvious oversteps in authority. Chalk it up to losing a few family members/ancestors to Nazis.
    Oh, I get the desire to intervene, I'm simply pointing out that the risks are great. I certainly don't think people are cowards for not physically intervening.

It reminds me of the Las Vegas mass shooting, when people were trying to chastise Jason Aldean for running off stage, instead of somehow leading people to safety via a microphone. Running away from gunfire does not make you a coward. And, choosing not to physically intervene in a violent arrest also does not make one a coward.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-27 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I don't even know what to say at this point that hasn't already been said ad nauseam.

How many people of color have to be killed by law enforcement with "I can't breath" on their lips before we admit the problem is systemic.

The usual suspects are already here of course making bullshit excuses, blaming the victim, denying the systemic nature of the problem etc.

The solution is in training and top down enforced change in policing culture, police culture in the US has a massive problem with race and use of force, add to that the absolutely self evident problem with how they are trained.

There is crime and law enforcement everywhere in the world...Yet somehow...in other comparable countries they manage not to murder people already in custody.

It's a training and cultural problem. HOW IS THIS NOT SELF EVIDENT?
    It goes even beyond this, a former cop killed a black man in cold blood and he never arrested... untill national outrage 3 months later. All because he was a former cop.

Not even white people are safe, remember that guy who got killed in a Hotel by a cop, who had his own personal rifle[the 'you're fucked' one), because he did not properly his weird ass commands. Remember that? He is now retired with a 2500$ a month pension... he got that for fucking killing that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that security camera footage of the arrest has been released, where are all our "He ShOuLdN't HaVe ReSiStEd" folks at?
    @PC2 @Laughingjack what's your new goal post going to be to defend a clear cut murder now that we have evidence that the victim was complying with law enforcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Legally isn't. One might argue it still is from a moral/ethical viewpoint.
    Then you'd be looking for the word "killer" not "murderer." Although someone looked it up, and in Minneapolis manslaughter is considered murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So now that security camera footage of the arrest has been released, where are all our "He ShOuLdN't HaVe ReSiStEd" folks at?
    @PC2 @Laughingjack what's your new goal post going to be to defend a clear cut murder now that we have evidence that the victim was complying with law enforcement?
    Haven't seen it yet. Can you send me a pm with the link? I would normally look it up but im heading to work soon but can tell you what I think later if you want after or when im out of the shower.

I have seen two difference "arrest" videos, so I have no idea which one is actually legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What an absolutely moronic strawman argument, lol.
    He said he refused to provide evidence that he knows exists because the evidence was about race. This implies that he has evidence that the Jews are subjugating the world but won't provide it because it's about race. Unless I misinterpreted somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Haven't seen it yet. Can you send me a pm with the link? I would normally look it up but im heading to work soon but can tell you what I think later if you want after or when im out of the shower.
    No, it's making the rounds, so you can educate yourself for once. I know military are used to be told what to do, but you can do your own legwork for once. Remember, you were the one claiming he was resisting arrest.

My LEO buddy who has long avoided talking about current cases chimed in, and stated there's no justification that he can see for using those means of force, and in that manner. He made it clear, even if the person had resisted arrest, he was complying at the time, and was not a physical threat.

He called it straight-up murder.

No, it's making the rounds, so you can educate yourself for once. I know military are used to be told what to do, but you can do your own legwork for once. Remember, you were the one claiming he was resisting arrest.
    Well I just don't really care enough to do that to be honest.

Odd, considering that is your entire bullshit narrative to justify police abuse of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, strange that now there's definite proof you can't assign blame to the victim, you suddenly don't care enough to discuss.

In fact you said:
    Look I can't say one way or the other if this force was warranted without knowing what occurred during detainment. The death looks accidental but if what I suspect was true such force was warranted. I speculated on what I saw and will leave it at that. Until more facts are shown I won't be convinced of otherwise nor do i doubt I convince anyone.
    We have definitive proof now.
    What happened between today and yesterday??

(You don't have to answer, it's a rhetorical question, I know very well what happened)

Wow, strange that now there's definite proof you can't assign blame to the victim, you suddenly don't care enough to discuss.

In fact you said:

We have definitive proof now.
    What happened between today and yesterday??

(You don't have to answer, it's a rhetorical question, I know very well what happened)
    I'm leaving for work in about five minutes mostly... I don't have the time or the interest to make a research project out of this. If it turns out he was complying with the officers you were right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaving for work in about five minutes mostly... I don't have the time or the interest to make a research project out of this. If it turns out he was complying with the officers you were right.
    You don't have to add if. He was complying.

Do we need to repeat the exercise from yesterday about not defending racist murderers?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay so then what is the objective criteria for deeming that a system is racist? If it's when "half of the people are racist" as you say then you need to go out and get that evidence to confirm it is true. The large majority of people in the LE system are not racist or problematic at all and the onus is on you to prove there needs to be systematic change.
    It’s pretty easy, see others turning a blind eye to racism in there ranks? If he’s then you have a systematic problem. Are higher ups doing the same or giving a slap on the wrist when racist abuses are shown to them? If yes then you have systematic problem.

IF it was just an problem with individuals then you would see them get slapped down incredibly fast as there cO workers disown them and there actions and the higher ups punish them to the full extent possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Ah, but you see you are actually the racist" is a pretty old and weakass argument, dude.

Not sure what in the fuck this has to do with the US' brand of racial animus being distinct by virtue of it not being a nation-state like most European countries are, but sure Jan.

English, s'il te plait.
    You twist what I say and then claim it's a "weakass argument"? Nice. A hallmark of intellectual honesty, truly. But I guess expecting anything better would've been unrealistic, even more so after this reply of yours. Speaking of "weakass arguments", you opted to cling to a minor forgetfulness which didn't make the sentence any less comprehensible (and if it did, being unable to understand I forgot a "be" in there is on you) instead of actually addressing my point. So yeah, good job with your top-notch reply. Keep generalizing, deflecting, failing to address inconvenient points and clinging to typos - that'll get you far in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB