Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Lol what police state.

Kent State 2 Electric Boogaloo, here we come. Sigh.

I guess they don't see how this escalates the issue.

They think the answer to unrest due to police brutality is to bring in more police and then state and then military? Not oh idk... arrest the fucking people involved?

And didn't the DA say there may be more to come out later that may show it wasn't illegal? They're already trying to get the fuck guy off without an investigation, this is why people are upset. That's why a police department is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, the other poster had brought them up, and had been talking about them, saying people were afraid of them.

By all means, correct me. I'm sure you love it over there. I have no doubt you love the place, good for you.
    I don't "love the place" because it's not a monolithic block. I enjoy someof the boards on it. Politicized boards are always at each other's throat, but I can't prove it to you. If you want to be corrected, visit the damn place and see for yourself. Or don't, if you don't care (but if sounds like you do). Just don't go around saying it's a monolithic block, because it simply isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    I don't "love the place" because it's not a monolithic block. I enjoy someof the boards on it. Politicized boards are always at each other's throat, but I can't prove it to you. If you want to be corrected, visit the damn place and see for yourself. Or don't, if you don't care (but if sounds like you do). Just don't go around saying it's a monolithic block, because it simply isn't.
    Nah, I'm good. You have a good time over there. let me know how it turns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I guess they don't see how this escalates the issue.

They think the answer to unrest due to police brutality is to bring in more police and then state and then military? Not oh idk... arrest the fucking people involved?

And didn't the DA say there may be more to come out later that may show it wasn't illegal? They're already trying to get the fuck guy off without an investigation, this is why people are upset. That's why a police department is on fire.*
    *Burned down. The entire Minneapolis 3rd Precinct building was lost as of this morning, praise be the theotokos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    This was shot about 45 min ago

So I guess the only solution for African Americans is to start buying AR-15s and military grade weaponry. That's the only way the police state will respect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So I guess the only solution for African Americans is to start buying AR-15s and military grade weaponry. That's the only way the police state will respect you.
    according to the 2a people that is what is needed, according to 2a people this should be their horror. A bunch of police trying to quell a protest over injustice. Then again those 2a people often don't look like the people protesting here, so when the rare case they mention comes up, when it is directed at these people well... 2a people suddenly say to kill them.

Okay.

The probability of it being racist because it is a police officer choosing to exercise unwarranted lethal force when he would not have done so if the suspect were not a minority is infinitesimally close to 1.

This is America we're talking about, not Ireland.
    We don't do probability either. We do justice with evidence and facts.

I'm white, lol.
    And i absolutely don't care. But forgive me for making the mistake thinking you are black as you have a black avatar. But you haven't managed to reach my standards and your opinion is worthless

White and pissed the fuck off that my country of residence has become such a late capitalist police state, but hey. At least we've got Cyberpunk 2077.
    And thats where you go wrong you let emotion cloud your judgement.

5+ Year Old Account
    As a reminder, wishing harm or death on others isn't appropriate for discussion regardless of recent events.
    This warning has been added to the OP.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post

And i absolutely don't care. But forgive me for making the mistake thinking you are black as you have a black avatar. But you haven't managed to reach my standards and your opinion is worthless

Enjoy!!!

https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice, hun, but in adult land there are often vagaries in a case that are assessed in terms of probable outcome.

You cared enough to try and make a point of my race when you assumed I was a black woman because of my avatar of...

Nicki Minaj, of all people.

I thought dogwhistling was supposed to be subtle?

I don't know how I should explain to you that you should care about other people.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Oh. My. God. I referred to Machismo because he's American and talks a lot about systemic racism. I deferred to someone who agreed with me and I deemed more knowledgeable on the matter. I didn't deflect.
    There, there. First of all, Machismo was talking about that in the context of alternatives to physically intervening, a post I specifically responded to saying, just as I did to you, calling 911 might not be a good idea. So it's utterly irrelevant whether Machismo "agreed" with you, which is why it was such a dumb, pointless deflection. Live with it, man. Rub a gun. Feel better.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

*Burned down. The entire Minneapolis 3rd Precinct building was lost as of this morning, praise be the theotokos.
    /facepalm

You are just sinking lower and lower. I will remind you that only police officers are in such buildings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Only white conservatives get to do that while standing inside government buildings yelling at cops with AR-15s.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

You are just sinking lower and lower. I will remind you that only police officers are in such buildings.
    I am well aware of who works in such buildings, thanks.

Since we're getting comparisons to the Los Angeles riots, everyone please rise for the national anthem:

I don't know how I should explain to you that you should care about other people.
    A good saying is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And yours is one way trip.
    Last edited by DKjaigen; 2020-05-29 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good saying is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And yours are one way trip.
    You're telling me I won't have to share the afterlife with a bunch of evangelical fundamentalists and racist cops?

....There is a god. All that praying to the theotokos really does work!

I am well aware of who works in such buildings, thanks.
    Then you do not care about people. And I start to suspect that the whole institutionalized racism crap is you trying to virtue signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    There, there. First of all, Machismo was talking about that in the context of alternatives to physically intervening, a post I specifically responded to saying, just as I did to you, calling 911 might not be a good idea. So it's utterly irrelevant whether Machismo "agreed" with you, which is why it was such a dumb, pointless deflection. Live with it, man. Rub a gun. Feel better.
    Being unaware of how the things work there, I legitimately thought that calling 911 might've been a good idea, since it is here, and Machismo, with whom I don't really get along, seemed to agree - and elaborated by pointing out how filming was also important, a point in which we also agreed (see the aforementioned post on body cams). So no, it was no deflection. But if you get off on thinking it was and on insulting others, then by all means go for it. Perhaps it'll make you feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

And I start to suspect that the whole institutionalized racism crap is you trying to virtue signal.
    You think There's no Culture of Racism in America?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you do not care about people. And I start to suspect that the whole institutionalized racism crap is you trying to virtue signal.
    I do care about people; that's why I hate cops.

Pretty simple concept. It is not a respectable profession in this country, and I won't treat it as such.