Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Besides the videos and the dead bodies you know small details.
    They are already included.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Twist it how you will, there's videos clearly demonstrating the events unfold from how he put out a fire in a dumpster being lit by a mob with an extinguisher, whom directed their sights on him where Rosenbaum, who was earlier aggressively taunting Kyle to shoot him, started to charge at him while Kyle was trying to get away (with reports someone fired at him I might add)... throwing stuff at him, till Kyle was cornered where upon Rosenbaum tried to take his gun. Can you honestly say with a straight face that you would give up your firearm to someone, with a mob behind him, beating you down scuffling for it and think your life isn't in danger?

Literally all his shots were when he couldn't get away, from someone swinging a skateboard to his head, someone trying to head stomp him, and someone drawing a pistol on him... yet the media has painted him as going on a "rampage". All those videos quickly disprove that. He wasn't shooting indiscriminately.
    First words: Twist it how you will.

Immediate follow up: Twisting the whole event.

All I read is a bunch of good guys, one with a skate board,one with a gun, trying to stop a bad guy with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    They are already included.
    No they are not including the video of him saying he doesn't do non lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

That doesn't appear to be Rittenhouse?
    Hmm, I might be mistaken. I did see a video of Kyle running with a extinguisher though. Doesn't change the fact Rosenbaum was charging at him, throwing objects, and trying to wrestle for the gun in a threatening manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twist it how you will, there's videos clearly demonstrating the events unfold from how he put out a fire in a dumpster being lit by a mob with an extinguisher, whom directed their sights on him where Rosenbaum, who was earlier aggressively taunting Kyle to shoot him, started to charge at him while Kyle was trying to get away (with reports someone fired at him I might add)... throwing stuff at him, till Kyle was cornered where upon Rosenbaum tried to take his gun. Can you honestly say with a straight face that you would give up your firearm to someone, with a mob behind him, beating you down scuffling for it and think your life isn't in danger?
    Well, I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place, because I'm not a dangerous idiot who's going to go to a protest armed in the first place.

But, in order;

1> Even if Rosenbaum was pushing that dumpster, so what? It was moving at a slow walking pace, at best. That wasn't a threat of any kind whatsoever to anyone.
    2> Taunting an armed militia type to shoot you is not "aggressive". It's mocking. "Oh no, the unarmed guy made fun of me" isn't a threat, stop being ridiculous.
    3> The eyewitness testimony states Rittenhouse was handling his weapon dangerously and putting people at risk. You're ignoring that, for some reason.
    4> Nobody fired at Rittenhouse. That's just false.
    5> Rosenbaum threw a plastic bag with a water bottle in it. If you thought that was a threat of imminent death of great bodily harm and shot him because of that, it's because you're a dangerous murderer.
    6> Rittenhouse was never "cornered".
    7> Rosenbaum grabbed at the gun that Rittenhouse had deliberately aimed at Rosenbaum.

There is no stage of this that justifies Rittenhouse's actions.

Literally all his shots were when he couldn't get away, from someone swinging a skateboard to his head, someone trying to head stomp him, and someone drawing a pistol on him... yet the media has painted him as going on a "rampage". All those videos quickly disprove that.
    The videos confirm it.

You don't get to shoot people just because you might get hurt if you don't. The self defense standards are much stricter than that. I've already linked them multiple times.

Particularly when the second incident only occurred because Rittenhouse had already killed one person. It was a response to an active shooter. You're making the case that trying to tackle someone shooting up a mall means that the shooter can kill you and it's fine because that's self defense; ignore the crime they're in the middle of committing and that the person they just shot was trying to stop them. That's what you're arguing, here; that trying to stop an active shooter should be illegal and that shooter should be legally permitted to shoot anyone who tries to stop them. That's your argument, unapologetically.

And again: if Rittenhouse thought he'd acted in self defense, he was obliged to turn himself in to the police. He did not. He fled the State, demonstrating he thought he was guilty of a crime. You can't do something like that and claim it was self defense.

If you kill your husband and cover up the death by burying him in the back yard and telling everyone he's away on a work trip, you don't get to try and claim that he was choking you to death when you shot him. If that were the case, you'd have called the cops immediately, not covered it up and tried to evade justice.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-09-02 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    All I read is a bunch of good guys, one with a skate board,one with a gun, trying to stop a bad guy with a gun.
    "Good guys" -- might want to see their rep sheet.

Doesn't change the fact Rosenbaum was charging at him, throwing objects, and trying to wrestle for the gun in a threatening manner.
    Unless, as McGinnis the Daily Caller reporter on the scene said in the criminal complaint, Rittenhouse was handling his weapon poorly and the protesters felt that he was a threat to their safety. If he was waving his gun around and/or pointing it at people, that's absolutely a threat to their lives (it's a gun) and would justify their first action in their own self defense against very real armed threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Good guys" -- might want to see their rep sheet.
    Victim-blaming.

Because simply any fictional version of events you have of him goes out the window when you consider he came from out of state, armed himself to be there voluntarily. There's also the video of him holding his weapon bragging that "we don't do non lethal". He inserted himself in any situation you can spin off, it's not the media it's Rittenhouse. He lost any claim of being a victim the second he went to another state, he came looking for a fight in his own words.
    You make it sound like he traveled a vast distance "from another state" when it was literally a half hour drive, a distance that is a typical daily commute. Meanwhile rioters travel numerous states to get there to cause havoc on communities they got no ties to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Victim-blaming.
    I don't view thugs as victims, frankly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Unless, as McGinnis the Daily Caller reporter on the scene said in the criminal complaint, Rittenhouse was handling his weapon poorly and the protesters felt that he was a threat to their safety. If he was waving his gun around and/or pointing it at people, that's absolutely a threat to their lives (it's a gun) and would justify their first action in their own self defense against very real armed threat.
    Particularly as, y'know, Rittenhouse ended up shooting three people, killing two, and demonstrating he very much was a threat.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't view them as victims, frankly.
    Which is the problem.

You're trying to dehumanize shooting victims to applaud their murderer. That's the problem, here.

It's really no different than when Nazis equated Jews to rats, to justify their extermination. Same sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make it sound like he traveled a vast distance "from another state" when it was literally a half hour drive. Meanwhile rioters travel numerous states to get there to cause havoc on communities they got no ties to.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't view them as victims, frankly.
    And there it is the property > people argument.

People are breaking stuff...better send in someone from another state to kill them.

Pathetic.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

You make it sound like he traveled a vast distance "from another state" when it was literally a half hour drive.
    Saying "he went to another state" implies he traveled great distance? I mean, it's literally factually true. He crossed into another state.

Meanwhile rioters travel numerous states to get there to cause havoc on communities they got no ties to.
    And if they go to another state with the intent to cause harm, fuck them and prosecute them. That's the difference. Y'all are circling the wagons around Rittenhouse while implying that "liberals" would do the same if one of their own was involved.

Meanwhile, the response from just about everyone to the Portland shooting, even liberals, largely remains, "Fuck that guy, prosecute his ass for murder."

You make it sound like he traveled a vast distance "from another state" when it was literally a half hour drive. Meanwhile rioters travel numerous states to get there to cause havoc on communities they got no ties to.
    So are you going to defend the rioters too? it doesn't matter if he traveled 5 minutes he had no business being there, he isn't a cop, no one invited him to do this for them. He's a teenager you guys want teenagers to fight your battles now?

Particularly as, y'know, Rittenhouse ended up shooting three people, killing two, and demonstrating he very much was a threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is the problem.

You're trying to dehumanize shooting victims to applaud their murderer. That's the problem, here.

It's really no different than when Nazis equated Jews to rats, to justify their extermination. Same sentiment.
    I ain't applauding murder, I find it justified self defense. Don't give me a ridiculous comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

So are you going to defend the rioters too? it doesn't matter if he traveled 5 minutes he had no business being there, he isn't a cop, no one invited him to do this for them. He's a teenager you guys want teenagers to fight your battles now?
    The Democrats have no issues having teens riot for them for months, so why shouldn't he feel compelled to defend what he thought was right because the Police weren't? I actually find it commendable.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-09-02 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ain't applauding murder, I find it justified self defense. Don't give me a ridiculous comparison.
    It isn't "ridiculous".

Your argument that it was self defense does not derive from the facts. By the law and by Rittenhouse's actions afterwards, neither the law nor Rittenhouse thought it was legal self defense.

Your argument derives from political affiliation. You like that he murdered people you consider "undesirables", so you support his murder and want him to walk free.

That makes the comparison very much relevant, since you're making exactly that kind of argument. If that bothers you, stop making awful, dehumanizing arguments.

The Democrats have no issues having teens riot for them for months, so why shouldn't he feel compelled to defend what he thought was right because the Police weren't? I actually find it commendable.
    Complete and utter bullshit the democrats have been denouncing it for months, the governors have called the national guards. The situation in Kenosha was fresh he had no business being there. I am not surprised your ilk are holding up a mass murder as your hero.

It isn't "ridiculous".

Your argument that it was self defense does not derive from the facts. By the law and by Rittenhouse's actions afterwards, neither the law nor Rittenhouse thought it was legal self defense.

Your argument derives from political affiliation. You like that he murdered people you consider "undesirables", so you support his murder and want him to walk free.

That makes the comparison very much relevant, since you're making exactly that kind of argument. If that bothers you, stop making awful, dehumanizing arguments.
    So what do you propose, let the thugs burn communities [where said thugs have zero affiliation to] to the ground...? Just sit back and watch, and let them do as they please without consequence?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-03 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

No they are not including the video of him saying he doesn't do non lethal.
    What do you think exactly that video proves?

That they weren't running around with pneumatics like group of the guy killed in Portland?

You make it sound like he traveled a vast distance "from another state" when it was literally a half hour drive, a distance that is a typical daily commute. Meanwhile rioters travel numerous states to get there to cause havoc on communities they got no ties to.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't view thugs as victims, frankly.
    He drove there seeking to be put in harms way. That is fact.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Complete and utter bullshit the democrats have been denouncing it for months, the governors have called the national guards. The situation in Kenosha was fresh he had no business being there. I am not surprised your ilk are holding up a mass murder as your hero.
    Yeah, sure...

Last edited by Daedius; 2020-09-02 at 07:29 PM.