Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    mmh how about no ? You forget the South was also outmanned, military outclassed (as the North had better generals), and industrialy outclassed. So it is not that simple. Rewriting history much ?
    So, now the European is trying to defend the South, that fought for slavery? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, now the European is trying to defend the South, that fought for slavery? Seriously?
    And I see the USA average man has reading and comprehension issues. Not really surprised here I must say. I am just stating the "facts", ah yes I remember you do not like that. The South did not lose just because its ideology or cause were wrong. They lost on all fronts. You do know history is complex and not so simple, right ?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-04 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also It is important to take a step back, and study history.

What fucking revolution or major change has happened without violence and without riots?????

Those seem to be the only things that force peopel to make changes.
    Got to note that even revolutions that started as riots were soon taken over by forces with actual political agenda. Most started by people already having some kind of plan they enacted by violence, some change they wanted to create and actually were capable of achieving.

What do riots achieve so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to note that even revolutions that started as riots were soon taken over by forces with actual political agenda. Most started by people already having some kind of plan they enacted by violence, some change they wanted to create and actually were capable of achieving.

Way more than peaceful protest has over the past decade.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, it's all very academic from the outside, yeah. I get you and from an outside PoV I agree. But it's very different for the people directly involved and effected. To many of them, if you're still on the fence at this point, you're part of the problem that's enabled this bullshit for generations.

That's not to say I support or condone the behavior, but in context some of it is absolutely understandable when you have a community that's been shit on, ignored, and shit on again despite peaceful protests to make their issues heard.
    Perhaps if neither peaceful nor violent protests work they should try something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    The guy who shot and killed the patriot prayer guy has been shot and killed.

https://apnews.com/f0418fd4a37be8d9b6953c8359109587
    Good thing we don’t have a court system in this country, or this would be a bad look.

How about Gandhi ? Note: he started with violent unrest but change to non violence afterwards. So yes, you can do a revolution without violence but that is not the easiest path.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Way more than peaceful protest has over the past decade.
    What would you consider as riots winning?

What would you consider as riots winning?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ing/index.html

How about Gandhi ? Note: he started with violent unrest but change to non violence afterwards. So yes, you can do a revolution without violence but that is not the easiest path.
    I think you need actual point-by-point plan to enact change, not just "hear me as i lash out".

Clearly the best way to solve "people getting often killed by police" is outlawing guns in general. Second best would be reducing crime levels in ethnic minority areas so that less police interactions happen there.

Maybe you could sidestep it locally by having non-police forces enforce law (as long as you accept inevitable corruption as fair price to non-police resolution of conflicts) or creating some separate force like BIA Police.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmh how about no ? You forget the South was also outmanned, military outclassed (as the North had better generals), and industrialy outclassed. So it is not that simple. Rewriting history much ?
    The latter two (and arguably the first as well) were the results of their ideology.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

First of all... Are you trying to make the point that the South WASN'T ideologically in the wrong for fighting to maintain slavery? Because this feels needlessly pedantic if so.

Second, the South actually mostly had the better generals. For much of the war the North was basically a revolving door of generals who were appointed because they knew the right people moreso than for their military knowledge. It wasn't until Grant took charge that they started seeing consistent victories.

Interesting that the dude did an interview with Vice talking about how it might have actually been self-defense, and the next day he's shot as they try and apprehend him.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    First of all... Are you trying to make the point that the South WASN'T ideologically in the wrong for fighting to maintain slavery? Because this feels needlessly pedantic if so.

Second, the South actually mostly had the better generals. For much of the war the North was basically a revolving door of generals who were appointed because they knew the right people moreso than for their military knowledge. It wasn't until Grant took charge that they started seeing consistent victories.
    I am not discussing the qualities of the South Cause (or more precisely the lack of qualities in that case so I am not misunderstood as it seems it is the habits of this forum), I am talking about facts.

And historians tend to agree that the South had one good general and that was Lee. The others were second raters. While the North had overall better generals, with especially Grant which was leagues above all others.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Interesting that the dude did an interview with Vice talking about how it might have actually been self-defense, and the next day he's shot as they try and apprehend him.
    He was killed the same day. Hopefully at least someone had a bodycam.
    Thurston County Sheriff’s Lt. Ray Brady said four members of the fugitive task force fired their weapons, including two Pierce County Sheriff’s deputies, an officer from the Lakewood Police Department and an officer from the Washington State Department of Corrections
    It also appears that a witness thinks he had a weapon as well.
    Chad Smith, 29, who lives next door to the apartment where the shooting occurred, said he was standing outside at about 6:45 p.m. when he saw two S.U.V.s race toward the complex. He heard about a minute and a half of gunshots, he said, then saw a man walking backward next to a white pickup truck, holding what appeared to be a gun, and officers firing in his direction.

He was killed the same day. Hopefully at least someone had a bodycam.

It also appears that a witness thinks he had a weapon as well.
    He heard 90s of gunshots, THEN saw the dude with a gun?

Man, they better all have had bodycams on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who shot and killed the patriot prayer guy has been shot and killed.

https://apnews.com/f0418fd4a37be8d9b6953c8359109587
    How... convenient.

Edit: Oops, quoted wrong post.
    Fixed.

From an earlier quoted article, about the shooter:

He had not turned himself in, he said, because he believed right-wing protesters were collaborating with police, who will not protect him or his family.
    Appears as if he was right after all. They possibly even executed him on the spot.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2020-09-04 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    How... convenient.

Fixed.

Appears as if he was right after all. They possibly even executed him on the spot.
    Well, considering the Patriot Prayer morons have been caught on video colluding with the cops before, it isn't surprising.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-group-leader

Think this was before Joey Gibson got arrest for the Cider House Riot or whatever it was called where he and Andy Ngo were caught colluding and Andy Ngo was begging them to protect him.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...rom-the-inside

So ANYONE associated with Patriot Prayer are no different than Proud Boys, Atomwaffen, Identity Europa, The Red Elephants that are ran by Vincent James from Youtube, and others. They are all white nationalists.
    Last edited by postman1782; 2020-09-04 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    How... convenient.

Fixed.

Any factual evidence of your claim ?

Would you be satisfied with having no police then?

Or what would be the test for those that remain?