10+ Year Old Account
    More shit out of the Lousville Kentucky PD (the ones who murdered Breonna Taylor). They apparently wiped hundreds of thousands of records in a case of at least 3 of their officers sexually abusing children.

Seriously, at this point, the appropriate response to this police department is to roll up to their station with a wrecking ball and start swinging. Then roll in a salt truck behind it. This organization cannot be reformed. It must be destroyed utterly, then the possibility of replacement can be discussed.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ds/6224382002/

----------------

Further news in the Ahmaud Arbery case. The murders apparently contacted the local DA after the shooting to try to get him to interfere with the investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/us/ah...ing/index.html

-----------------

And news on another police murder in Florida, cloaked for 2 years as "excited delirium".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n-police-death

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    More shit out of the Lousville Kentucky PD (the ones who murdered Breonna Taylor). They apparently wiped hundreds of thousands of records in a case of at least 3 of their officers sexually abusing children.

Seriously, at this point, the appropriate response to this police department is to roll up to their station with a wrecking ball and start swinging. Then roll in a salt truck behind it. This organization cannot be reformed. It must be destroyed utterly, then the possibility of replacement can be discussed.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ds/6224382002/

----------------

Further news in the Ahmaud Arbery case. The murders apparently contacted the local DA after the shooting to try to get him to interfere with the investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/us/ah...ing/index.html

-----------------

And news on another police murder in Florida, cloaked for 2 years as "excited delirium".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n-police-death
    And yet people are confused

https://twitter.com/MSignorile/statu...41090588520459
    https://twitter.com/MSignorile/statu...47170324504577

Holy shit.

This is what Trump has inspired.

"New filings claim there was a Plan B the militiamen had drawn up, that involved a takeover of the Michigan capitol building by 200 combatants who would stage a week-long series of televised executions of public officials."

"And, according to government documents now on file in lower Michigan court, there was also a Plan C -- burning down the state house, leaving no survivors."
    Y'all Qaeda is alive and thriving, and I hope the sherriff who defended their actions saying, "MaYbe TheY Just waNTed to aRreST heR" falls into a beehive.

Right ring extremism is a clear and present threat not to just normal people, but to the operations of state and the federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/MSignorile/statu...41090588520459
    https://twitter.com/MSignorile/statu...47170324504577

Y'all Qaeda is alive and thriving, and I hope the sherriff who defended their actions saying, "MaYbe TheY Just waNTed to aRreST heR" falls into a beehive.

Right ring extremism is a clear and present threat not to just normal people, but to the operations of state and the federal government.
    Let's be realistic a bit - just because someone crazy plans it, it does not mean it is realistic at all. Someone somewhere across the world regularly gets arrested because of similar ideas, does not mean this had a lot of chance to happen. No one would allow a week of executions to proceed unimpeded.

And in the close to zero chance it would have happened it is naive to think that there would not be consequences for the far righters afterwards.
    P.S.
    Not entirely sure this goes together with the topic of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...general-finds/

The Department of Justice has failed to use its full powers to address police misconduct and restore confidence in policing, according to a new report by the Office of the Inspector General, the DOJ’s internal watchdog.

The report identifies public confidence in law enforcement and the protection of civil liberties as two of the most pressing challenges facing the DOJ, the only federal agency with the power to force reform in local police departments. The problem is particularly acute in light of the wave of protests this year following the killings of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor, Inspector General Michael Horowitz found.

“The need for action to effect actual change is even more urgent,” the report said.

In 2015, under the Obama administration, the DOJ used a wide variety of tools to improve American policing, including technical assistance and partnerships between federal and local agencies, improved data collection on use of force and most controversially, “pattern-or-practice” investigations — broad civil rights inquiries that often led to legally binding reform agreements called consent decrees.

Since then, the DOJ has “cut back” on the use of those tools, according to the report, the latest installment of an annual publication on management and performance challenges facing the DOJ.

“We believe that among the most significant challenges facing the Department is responding to the potential erosion of confidence in law enforcement, as evidenced by [a Pew survey on race and policing], as well as embracing its leadership role and using all available tools to address these issues to the fullest extent practicable,” the report said.

The report also highlighted the DOJ’s controversial prohibition on federal task force officers wearing body cameras and the deployment of federal officers without clear identification to police Black Lives Matter protests after Floyd’s death.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.businessinsider.com/kidn...g-says-2020-11

Cool, so the domestic terrorists that wanted to "arrest" Governor Whitmer and leave her stranded on a disabled boat in the middle of the lake, also wanted to burn down the capitol building.
    Just asked my dad about this and he said that it was a made up boogeyman story like what Hitler did in Germany. He was never like this in the past before Trump. I swear there is some kind of collective paranoid schizophrenia that has gripped people and making them terrified of some secret cabal that is controlling America and/or trying to overthrow America? It's never clear.

A divorce settlement that would have given most of ex-Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin's assets to his wife was rejected by a judge who cited the possibility of "fraud" for her decision.

You could see this a mile away when she immediately filed for divorce after he was arrested. This is nothing but a tax scam and to protect assets.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    A divorce settlement that would have given most of ex-Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin's assets to his wife was rejected by a judge who cited the possibility of "fraud" for her decision.

You could see this a mile away when she immediately filed for divorce after he was arrested. This is nothing but a tax scam and to protect assets.
    I don't know her but it doesn't sound that unreasonable to me wanting a divorce from a cold blooded murderer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Let's be realistic a bit - just because someone crazy plans it, it does not mean it is realistic at all. Someone somewhere across the world regularly gets arrested because of similar ideas, does not mean this had a lot of chance to happen. No one would allow a week of executions to proceed unimpeded.

And in the close to zero chance it would have happened it is naive to think that there would not be consequences for the far righters afterwards.
    P.S.
    Not entirely sure this goes together with the topic of this thread.
    Are you sure about that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You did notice that I mentioned how unlikely this is, yes? And then you gave me an example from 25 years ago. So yes, I am pretty sure.
    Edge linked post which basically requires a small platoon to implement. From what I can see most domestic terrorism cases in USA were been done by a single guy.
    Take that haters.

most domestic terrorism cases in USA were been done by a single guy.
    then you aint lookin son

You did notice that I mentioned how unlikely this is, yes? And then you gave me an example from 25 years ago. So yes, I am pretty sure.
    Edge linked post which basically requires a small platoon to implement. From what I can see most domestic terrorism cases in USA were been done by a single guy.
    You must then be ignoring all the plots that the FBI intercepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I don't know her but it doesn't sound that unreasonable to me wanting a divorce from a cold blooded murderer.
    It's not the request for the divorce that's iffy.

It's the demand that she be granted most of their marital possessions. That would put them beyond the reach of any penalty by the courts for recompense to his victims' families.

If she's willing to accept the divorce and half of what's left after those lawsuits are done with Chauvin's estate, that's perfectly fine. Hell, even just half the extant estate could be arguable. Not more than 50%, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Times I wonder...were cops killed instead, we'd likely see cheers in this thread that presupposes acab.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Times I wonder...were cops killed instead, we'd likely see cheers in this thread that presupposes acab.
    I mean...you can hold that general view and not think that cops should be killed...you can just think that the garbage cops should be fired and never allowed to hold a law enforcement job ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    then you aint lookin son
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You must then be ignoring all the plots that the FBI intercepted.
    The cases which happened. And yes, FBI intercepting stuff before it happens again goes with what I originally said.
    People, do you have problems reading?
    Take that haters.

I mean...you can hold that general view and not think that cops should be killed...you can just think that the garbage cops should be fired and never allowed to hold a law enforcement job ever again.
    nah, stop supporting criminals that get themselves killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    nah, stop supporting criminals that get themselves killed.
    I see. In your fantasy world, cops only kill criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I see. In your fantasy world, cops only kill criminals.
    I mean we know they don't but the examples they keep bringing up for these riots doesn't help their cases much.

It would be refreshing if they hitched their wagon to someone who wasn't in the process of assaulting someone or ignoring instructions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean we know they don't but the examples they keep bringing up for these riots doesn't help their cases much.

It would be refreshing if they hitched their wagon to someone who wasn't in the process of assaulting someone or ignoring instructions.
    Well besides the fact that even criminals have due process and don't deserve to be executed in the street even if they are resisting arrest, there's been tons of examples of trigger happy cops killing innocent people. Then the precincts cover it up or find no wrong doing or just move the cops to another precinct so they can continue their aggressive behavior leading to more violent interactions with innocent people. If you aren't seeing these cases being protested, I think that's on you.