I always thought the kneeling was a sort of symbolic gesture, like a demented counter to the Kaepernick protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I always thought the kneeling was a sort of symbolic gesture, like a demented counter to the Kaepernick protest.
    Not surprising, pushing this bullshit racist rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    A police officer countering an " anti-police " movement.

Where does the racism come into play?
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2021-04-03 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

BLM is not an "anti-police" movement.

Arguing that it is, that's where the racism comes into play.

Imagine thinking that asking for black people's lives to be treated as just as important as anyone else's is somehow an "anti-police" sentiment.

Sorry that you think that black people are anti-police because they are tired of being murdered by the fucking cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would he counter kneeling, by killing a dude? You do know that when someone is knighted, the sword being rested in their shoulder is a symbol of trust... not getting your head chopped off... Turning kneeling into an affront, is already a perversion of said gesture. Literally... check the dictionary...

Explain to me how killing Floyd, was a demented counter to kneeling. What about Floyd, would make killing him, a counter to an unrelated athlete?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Uhm... Floyd wasn’t BLM nor an NFL player protestesting, as far as I’m aware... Race is the only reason to claim it was any sort of retaliation... he asserted that a cop killed a black man, in retaliation to Kapernick kneeling... then defined that as BLM... then asks what part of that was racist. :/

Edit: Why do people need to say black lives Mater? Because, there are people around, that don’t think it’s racist, to kill a black man... because another black man chose to protest police brutality...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-03 at 04:40 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Explain to me how killing Floyd, was a demented counter to kneeling. What about Floyd, would make killing him, a counter to an unrelated athlete?
    I think the argument is that Chauvin was basically thinking "heh, you black folks like kneeling, huh? How you like THIS kneeling, fucko!?"

Frankly, I don't think Chauvin's smart enough for that. He's kind of got a "loaf of bread fresh out of the microwave" look about him.

Uhm... Floyd wasn’t BLM, as far as I’m aware... Race is the only reason to claim it was any sort of retaliation... he asserted that a cop killed a clack man, in retaliation to BLM... then asks what part of that was racist. :/
    I was speaking entirely about Bryntrollian's argument, not about Floyd and Chauvin specifically.

Just making the point that BLM is not "anti-police", and the idea that it is boils down directly to "racism".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the argument is that Chauvin was basically thinking "heh, you black folks like kneeling, huh? How you like THIS kneeling, fucko!?"
    That would make his initial reason race... making this, ludicrous:

Frankly, I don't think Chauvin's smart enough for that. He's kind of got a "loaf of bread fresh out of the microwave" look about him.
    They do have a way out to claim he wasn’t racist... the fucker pulled a woman out of a car window and then groped her, for speeding. The problem is that this is blind regurgitation of rhetoric. There is no reason to defend this guy, outside the fact that him being racist, needs to be defended. Him being a shit cop, with a history of violence against all races, doesn’t fulfill the need to make racism acceptable...

You will never hear this argument from his supporters, because it’s not his innocence of racism being defended, but the racism it self.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

That was my thought process when I wrote the comment; it wasn't an argument at all, only my opinion on the method Chauvin used in killing Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Definitely don't see how it amounts to " racist rhetoric "

Just making the point that BLM is not "anti-police", and the idea that it is boils down directly to "racism".
    " Anti-police" was specifically written in quotations because it seems to be a common sentiment among law enforcement personnel in regards to BLM or any anti-police brutality protests/movements.

demented adjective

de·​ment·​ed | \ di-ˈmen-təd \
    Definition of demented
    1: MAD, INSANE
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2021-04-03 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definition of demented
    Yes, but why would you think it’s revenge? For what? I understand that you also think it’s demented version of revenge, I simply don’t understand how it’s related at all. I don’t understand how it could be revenge for an athlete protesting racial injustice and not be about race... that doesn’t make any sense... what about Floyd, made you think it could revenge for Kapernick kneeling, even if demented?

Yes, but why would you think it’s revenge? For what? I understand that you also think it’s demented version of revenge, I simply don’t understand how it’s related at all. I don’t understand how it could be revenge for an athlete protesting racial injustice and not be about race... that doesn’t make any sense... what about Floyd, made you think it could revenge for Kapernick kneeling, even if demented?
    I think you're greatly overthinking an off-hand comment that seemed unlikely to me to be entirely serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I think you're greatly overthinking an off-hand comment that seemed unlikely to me to be entirely serious.
    Then can you explain this follow up?

If it’s not about race... what does this have to do with Krapernic?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Considering "It's wrong to murder black people with impunity" to be 'anti-police' is tacit acceptance of the idea that one of the goals of the police is to murder black people with impunity.

In a sane society, murder being a bad thing should be a pro-police position. The police should be the standard bearers for the "Don't murder people!" movement, and the fact that they're on the other side of the discussion on that particular topic is the problem in the first place.

Then can you explain this follow up?
    Literally a reply to the following comment and not related to the situation overall.
    What part of my initial post was equivalent to " racist rhetoric "?

BLM is not an "anti-police" movement.

When you see protesters with signs saying things like ACAB, a sentiment frequently expressed in here, it seems a bit much to claim only racist thought would lead to an anti-police conclusion.

Yes, this doesn't represent all BLM protesters. And no, I don't think they are inherently anti-police as a whole, I don't think the point is to punish the police, but to improve them. And no, I am not saying that anyone who thinks they are can't be racist, clearly some portion will be. However if you claim that someone thinking BLM is anti-police can only be explained by racism (apologies if I am misreading your post, but it seems to me like you are waving such a claim away as racist in nature, so I think this is a fair claim to make about your belief) then I think that is just bad (I would say radicalised) thinking.

Someone who has had a very limited exposure to BLM protests could easily take that opinion about the movement. Ignorance about the movement is not the same as being racist, if you think it is then I don't know what to say to that other than its the speech of a zealot. Not everyone is paying as much attention as you are, and whilst I suspect you probably do think this makes them racist (based on your post history and eagerness to label things racist), I sincerely hope you don't. Yes, racists will try to write them off as anti-cop so they don't need to engage with any of their ideas and claims. However there are other routes to that view that don't require racism. Your thinking is black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    What part of my initial post was equivalent to " racist rhetoric "?
    Can you explain to me, what Floyd had to do with Kaperkick, to be killed in retaliation? What was the demented thought that lead to the murder, if not his race?

The part that makes you fail at answering that question, the 3 times I have asked now, is the racist rhetoric. That thing you are afraid to put to print, that is the racist rhetoric part. The none racist version of what you said, would simply be... Kap was right...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    When you see protesters with signs saying things like ACAB, a sentiment frequently expressed in here, it seems a bit much to claim only racist thought would lead to an anti-police conclusion.
    What do the cops think when 80 of them are significantly injured and one is murdered, by people carrying Blue Lives Mater flags? Which do you think cops prefer, the Blue Lives Matter folks maiming and killing them, or defund the police leading to this:

It’s working in Eugene, Olympia, Denver: More cities are sending civilian responders, not police, on mental health calls
    https://eu.usatoday.com/in-depth/new...se/6819744002/

Killed and maimed by Blue Lives Mater or not having to deal with people having a mental crisis by those funding civilian responders, instead of cops having to do a job they were never trained to do.

Edit: Just a reminder... when cops are questioned on why they are so gun happy... it’s not because they fear BLM or ACAB... they almost always say, they fear gun owners.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-05 at 01:33 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/us/de...y-6/index.html

Add "Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arranondo" to the list of current and former law enforcement testifying against Chauvin. I honestly don't think I've ever seen the Blue Wall of Silence absolutely demolished this way in a case against a cop before. Like, this is astounding.

Now we just have to hope their words reach the jury, because after all of this testimony if all three get off the hook, especially Chauvin, there are going to be massive protests and likely some civil disorder.

And it'd be god-damned justified, even based off the testimony I've caught here and there over this past week. I haven't even been following the damn case too closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/us/de...y-6/index.html

Add "Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arranondo" to the list of current and former law enforcement testifying against Chauvin. I honestly don't think I've ever seen the Blue Wall of Silence absolutely demolished this way in a case against a cop before. Like, this is astounding.

Now we just have to hope their words reach the jury, because after all of this testimony if all three get off the hook, especially Chauvin, there are going to be massive protests and likely some civil disorder.

And it'd be god-damned justified, even based off the testimony I've caught here and there over this past week. I haven't even been following the damn case too closely.
    I will not be surprised if he does get off, even in spite of all the evidence, all of the witnesses, and all of the testimony.

It must be lovely for the woman Saint Floyd robbed & traumatized for life having to see him deified through murals, portraits and that trashy-ass golden casket every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    It must be lovely for the woman Saint Floyd robbed & traumatized for life having to see him deified through murals, portraits and that trashy-ass golden casket every day.
    What was Chovin’s punishment for dragging a woman out a car window and then groping her, for a speeding ticket? What if he were kicked off the force then, instead of being scuttled? Why do you want cops who kill people and grope women, to not be punished? You planning to be a cop or something?