Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I think they imagine themselves as the soul beings capable of evil.. at least that is what it seems. The strangest part is the west really comes off as one of the most noble and selfless civilizations in history....barring maybe the Japanese but that's arguing isolationism vs colonialism more then morality.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like another riot in Minneapolis. Black suspect fleeing from a stolen vehicle was shot and looting started. Looks like wal mart is already looted but they are on the move jumping through live streams right now.

Looks like the seasons started this year.

- - - Updated - - -

So far foot locker and little Caesars has fallen. Not many fires yet though will keep updates going till I turn in got some popcorn going.
    Car wasn't stolen, it was his mother's car. The mother on the phone with him said he was told he was pulled over for having air fresheners hanging from the rearview mirror, a favorite excuse of fucking bullshit cops. When they don't smell the weed to force you out of the car, they ask you to get out because they can't force you out. If you don't comply, then they think they have probable cause, even though they had no authority to ask you to leave the car.

But he did leave the car anyways. And they still shot him. They said he had a warrant out for his arrest, and then tried to evade police when they tried to arrest him. We'll see, I guess. If it's a non-violent warrant and he runs, you're supposed to let him go and pick him up later. Instead, this kid got in his car, and started to drive away, and the cop drew down and shot him, WITH A PASSENGER IN THE CAR, IN A NEIGHBORHOOD WITH LOCAL KIDS PLAYING AROUND THEM.

But I'll wait for the resident racists to say "this man should have just followed the [illegitimate, unreasonable] orders of the police officers and then he wouldn't have been shot!" Or, my personal favorite, "He could have been reaching for a gun in his car!" despite there being no evidence of a gun. Apparently having the vapors and a paranoia about black people being violent is justification for murder.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/po...?siteid=yhoof2
    Waiting for the bodycam footage before I make up my mind. It looks like the department does have them and they also stated that they think the dashcams on the car were active. A site is also reporting that an officer was also taken to a hospital.

RIP!!
    Go fuck yourselves to the cops that killed him!!!! Rot in prison, wankers.

I hate the racism in this country I swear.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious what the warrant was for (not that it justifies what happened), But it's still stupid to shoot into a car when there is another passenger. They said all body cameras and dash cameras were on and active. We'll see what happens from this one.

When the police are just gangsters with uniforms.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Meanwhile one of the cops in VA got fired after video of him pepper spraying a soldier went viral.
    Looks like stuff is getting done somewhere, how do I get that here?

Meanwhile one of the cops in VA got fired after video of him pepper spraying a soldier went viral.
    It's telling about the state of policing that he knew to stop in a well lit place because even as a service member he didn't trust them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Like I said, you westerners do whatever the hell sort of shit you want. Just please don't export that cancer. I don't need to see my country's history get torn down to please some spoiled college kids.
    “Please examine the flaws in your own cultural narrative but not in ours.”

No. <3 I as a Greek will continue to cast aspersions at people like Aristotle for being mincing women-hating pedophiles and will also continue to look in askance at great man worship of *any* stripe.

The insistence on adhering to a mythologized version of history is a cancer and one of the things fueling systemic racism.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-04-12 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

RIP!!
    Go fuck yourselves to the cops that killed him!!!! Rot in prison, wankers.

I hate the racism in this country I swear.
    Pretty fucking awful. Can't wait to hear how the police excuse away this murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's telling about the state of policing that he knew to stop in a well lit place because even as a service member he didn't trust them.
    It's horrifying what some of our police departments have allowed to fester in this country. The entire profession needs to be rewritten from the ground up.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank fucking god. God damn racist fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Pretty fucking awful. Can't wait to hear how the police excuse away this murder.
    You're going to love it:

"The officer pulled out his gun, instead of his taser and oops shot him dead."

No.

Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're going to love it:

No.

Really.
    Already seen people excusing it because, "He had a warrant and was fleeing, he could have been going to kill people!"

Ignoring that his warrants were for misdemeanor carrying an unlicensed pistol (gonna get the 2nd Amendment types in a bit of a bind, probably) and fleeing police. No violence or any indication that he was a threat to others.

Oh yeah, and there was a passenger in the car that I don't think has been identified. She apparently suffered only minor injuries, but she could have been seriously hurt or killed by this trigger happy cop.

We need less cops raised and trained on 80's action movies that thinks the proper response to a suspect fleeing a traffic stop is to just start blastin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We need less cops raised and trained on 80's action movies that thinks the proper response to a suspect fleeing a traffic stop is to just start blastin.
    Seriously, you do not shoot the driver in a moving vehicle unless you want it to crash uncontrollably into whatever - and whoever - is around. You shoot the tires to stop it, or better yet you don't shoot at a moving vehicle.

Already seen people excusing it because, "He had a warrant and was fleeing, he could have been going to kill people!"

Ignoring that his warrants were for misdemeanor carrying an unlicensed pistol (gonna get the 2nd Amendment types in a bit of a bind, probably) and fleeing police. No violence or any indication that he was a threat to others.

Oh yeah, and there was a passenger in the car that I don't think has been identified. She apparently suffered only minor injuries, but she could have been seriously hurt or killed by this trigger happy cop.

We need less cops period.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/minnesota...014849404.html

he police officer who fatally shot a Black man during a traffic stop in a Minneapolis suburb apparently intended to fire a Taser, not a handgun, the city’s police chief said Monday.

Brooklyn Center Police Chief Tim Gannon described the shooting as “an accidental discharge.” The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension was investigating.

Taser! Taser! Taser!” the officer is heard shouting on her body cam footage released at a news conference. After firing a single shot from her handgun, the car speeds away and the officer is heard saying, “Holy (expletive)! I shot him.”
    So at min she will get fired, there will be a settlement. At worst she will get charged with Involuntary manslaughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

So at min she will get fired, there will be a settlement. At worst she will get charged with Involuntary manslaughter.
    What's the problem, everyone gets a little confused sometimes.

I remember once, instead of getting a squirt-bottle to water the plants at work, I gunned down a dozen coworkers. The ones that were alive were gasping for air because of laughing it up at the mix-up. Or it could have been the punctured lungs idk.

Anyways mistakes happen, guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

Again, how do cops keep mistaking their taser for a handgun? The two look and feel very differently, have different weights, and are usually strapped in different locations so that they can't easily mistake one for the other (gun on belt, taser strapped to their leg often times).

Manslaughter should be the minimum, because this is the kind of gross incompetence and "accident" that literally does kill people.

Having just watched the video, it's clear that she pulled her sidearm (glock?) and had it point blank pointed at the driver as he was in the car, while her fellow officer was literally right there as well in the way. This is gross negligence and incompetence on her part and she not only deserves to serve time for it, but never work in law enforcement again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're going to love it:

No.

Really.
    Un-fucking believable. Shocking the execution was an "accident". Doubly shocking these "accidents" don't happen to white people who are pulled over.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, how do cops keep mistaking their taser for a handgun? The two look and feel very differently, have different weights, and are usually strapped in different locations so that they can't easily mistake one for the other (gun on belt, taser strapped to their leg often times).

Manslaughter should be the minimum, because this is the kind of gross incompetence and "accident" that literally does kill people.

Having just watched the video, it's clear that she pulled her sidearm (glock?) and had it point blank pointed at the driver as he was in the car, while her fellow officer was literally right there as well in the way. This is gross negligence and incompetence on her part and she not only deserves to serve time for it, but never work in law enforcement again.
    Agreed - 100%. And yet the officer probably won't even get fired.

(shit - having a problem that it's a "she" - don't ask me why, no good reason)

Agreed - 100%. And yet the officer probably won't even get fired.

(shit - having a problem that it's a "she" - don't ask me why, no good reason)
    Virginia has a police bill of rights, so the officer has extensive protections from administrative punishment.

I completely agree. I do see it happening by mistake with adrenaline going through you, but it is just another reason I think our cops need far more training. I would like it being closer to Norway and Finland that require 3 years of training.

Un-fucking believable. Shocking the execution was an "accident". Doubly shocking these "accidents" don't happen to white people who are pulled over.
    Just a quick google search while not being a traffic stop you have https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/u...taser-gun.html. The person was white and the cop still got no charges.