10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Physical restraint is part of the job. You don't hire underqualified people. Women can still have a place in the force without going on patrol, just like the military.
    I know you can't respond anymore so I'll just close with this: defaulting All Women as underqualified for the physical aspect for the job of a cop is a closedminded (and not to mention just wrong from an objective standpoint) approach that will only accomplish turning away perfectly good cop candidates. Women (just like Men) come in all shapes and sizes... some of them have the ability to be cops and some of them don't. Blanketing all women as "too weak to be cops" is just ignorant and unhelpful to everyone.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Physical restraint is part of the job. You don't hire underqualified people. Women can still have a place in the force without going on patrol, just like the military.
    Statements like this? People like this? Is why our police force is in such disarray. Literally saying women are underqualified to be police officers.

When all information points to women doing a better job overall in law enforcement.

BREAKING: Medical examiner rules Daunte Wright's death a homicide
    https://t.co/NtNB11nX1z
    https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/1381...883077122?s=19

Hmm? Idk what this means. Coroner says death by gunshot to the chest. The cops are using the excuse of 'my bad, wrong device/weapon'.

In other news I received a emergency message alert stating: Extreme Alert, stay inside 7pm to 6am. Had to look it up. Pretty much our city expecting protests and possible violence tonight.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/1381...883077122?s=19

Hmm? Idk what this means. Coroner says death by gunshot to the chest. The cops are using the excuse of 'my bad, wrong device/weapon'.

In other news I received a emergency message alert stating: Extreme Alert, stay inside 7pm to 6am. Had to look it up. Pretty much our city expecting protests and possible violence tonight.
    That's pretty normal for the ME. It's essentially meaningless for the issues we're discussing here. The cause of death is not always linked to the reason for the death, if that makes sense.

Holy fuck - you're in/near the city. Stay the hell inside. If you get DoorDash invite the delivery person in (after confirming vaccination of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's also telling that they've had the evidence that he needed to be fired for four months and didn't do so until the video became public and went viral.
    Imagine all the shit police officers have getting away with for decades though even with body cameras and evidence they still walk away scott free thanks to the law being on their side.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Imagine all the shit police officers have getting away with for decades though even with body cameras and evidence they still walk away scott free thanks to the law being on their side.
    It's a total fucking shitstorm. @Vegas82 is spot on as well.

One of my "favorite" (/s) rules is that if a SWAT team gets the wrong address for a night time no-knock warrant, and they invade your house, and you fire upon them, you are criminally liable for shooting at police officers. If they kill you, no responsibility.

Falls right in the un-fucking-believable category.

People who know my history of posts might have seen a shift in my perspective. A few years ago, I was at the forefront of "let's see how this plays out" or "let's wait for the camera footage" or similar. Ready to levy blame on the police only after we get the full story. Not anymore. Don't know what the point there is but here we are anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get pulled over and a cop can accidentally kill you because they are afraid on the job they trained and chose to do. Meanwhile you're a civilian who has read and seen many incidents bad policing not only going unpunished but being protected. It's almost insane to cooperate. Just sit there, stfu and hope some slight shift in the wind doesn't set them off.

I know some good LEOs but damn the system is rotten to the core.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You get pulled over and a cop can accidentally kill you because they are afraid on the job they trained and chose to do. Meanwhile you're a civilian who has read and seen many incidents bad policing not only going unpunished but being protected. It's almost insane to cooperate. Just sit there, stfu and hope some slight shift in the wind doesn't set them off.

You must always remain calm, cool, and collected while an adrenaline fueled lunatic who has ostensibly been trained for what they're doing points a gun at you and shouts contradictory commands. Don't scare them, they're already under enough pressure and they may have to retire early and get additional medical pensions for the PTSD they suffer from executing you.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

That's why you should always invest in a camera in your car because even with all the evidence on cops they still walk away but at least you can take the city and them to the cleaners in civil court.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's a total fucking shitstorm. @Vegas82 is spot on as well.

One of my "favorite" (/s) rules is that if a SWAT team gets the wrong address for a night time no-knock warrant, and they invade your house, and you fire upon them, you are criminally liable for shooting at police officers. If they kill you, no responsibility.

Falls right in the un-fucking-believable category.

People who know my history of posts might have seen a shift in my perspective. A few years ago, I was at the forefront of "let's see how this plays out" or "let's wait for the camera footage" or similar. Ready to levy blame on the police only after we get the full story. Not anymore. Don't know what the point there is but here we are anyway.
    Even if they don't kill you they are not responsible for destroying your house in the process of their mistake there's zero accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You must always remain calm, cool, and collected while an adrenaline fueled lunatic who has ostensibly been trained for what they're doing points a gun at you and shouts contradictory commands. Don't scare them, they're already under enough pressure and they may have to retire early and get additional medical pensions for the PTSD they suffer from executing you.
    The absolute worst thing is that, in the stop with the military officer, the cop that was trying to justify their actions by saying what a tough time it is to be a police officer....
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The absolute worst thing is that, in the stop with the military officer, the cop that was trying to justify their actions by saying what a tough time it is to be a police officer....
    Yep, and they choose to be assholes. Trying to excuse his actions because of BLM and whatnot, is not going to help the situation, he is the exact reason why there is a BLM movement.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, and they choose to be assholes. Trying to excuse his actions because of BLM and whatnot, is not going to help the situation, he is the exact reason why there is a BLM movement.
    Yeah that's exactly it. Using BLM protests of police brutality against black people as your excuse for engaging in police brutality against a black person...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah that's exactly it. Using BLM protests of police brutality against black people as your excuse for engaging in police brutality against a black person...
    That's like the GA State Trooper that justified arresting a State Rep. for knocking on a door while Kemp signed the awful voter suppression legislation because "he was afraid of another Jan. 6"

Seriously, the ways these racist fucks weaponize this shit is gross as fuck.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Going around the social media feeds:
    It is safer to be a white man who just killed multiple people than it is to be a Black person in a traffic stop.
    Spot on and truly frightening in it's implications.

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

As Kyle Rittenhouse has shown even when you got a AR-15 the murder weapon and people shouting he just killed a bunch of people you get waved through and get to go home.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I've seen a video about the incident with the service member. Did the one cop actually scream "you're detained because you're obstructing justice!"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So, I've seen a video about the incident with the service member. Did the one cop actually scream "you're detained because you're obstructing justice!"?
    Here's what's in the police academy handbook

Step 1: create made up reason for arrest
    Step 2: Detain person for obstructing justice when they point out you have no cause for arrest
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Blow them away, or make sure they have a slow agonizing death by crushing the life out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not just that...but after threatening to murder the man and then pepper spraying him in the face he said something along the lines of "Well lets get that pepper spray cleaned off your face and then we can have an intelligent conversation" and then proceeded to try to blame his police brutality on BLM for protesting police brutality. And then acted like he was doing the Lieutenant a favour by not arresting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Here's what's in the police academy handbook

Step 1: create made up reason for arrest
    Step 2: Detain person for obstructing justice when they point out you have no cause for arrest
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Blow them away, or make sure they have a slow agonizing death by crushing the life out of them
    Watched the body cam footage of the incident its leaked apparently at least I have no reason to believe it was fabricated.

It was rather disturbing to watch not in a graphic sense but rather why you can't lower officer fitness requirements. The arrest seemed to be going rather standard until the warrant was brought up. The officer had zero control of the suspect and was trivially over powered. The rest of her reactions in the footage are a mad panic by her trying to pull him from the vehicle while keeping control of her weapon.

I don't believe for a moment by her reaction that she intended to discharge her weapon but she was a panicked shot. Can give a link via pm to the video for those interested in viewing it.

This sadly shows you can't just let anyone into the police force they have to be physically fit enough to overpower the average suspect.