10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    Watched the body cam footage of the incident its leaked apparently at least I have no reason to believe it was fabricated.

It was rather disturbing to watch not in a graphic sense but rather why you can't lower officer fitness requirements. The arrest seemed to be going rather standard until the warrant was brought up. The officer had zero control of the suspect and was trivially over powered. The rest of her reactions in the footage are a mad panic by her trying to pull him from the vehicle while keeping control of her weapon.

I don't believe for a moment by her reaction that she intended to discharge her weapon but she was a panicked shot. Can give a link via pm to the video for those interested in viewing it.

This sadly shows you can't just let anyone into the police force they have to be physically fit enough to overpower the average suspect.
    I think the post you quoted was about the military member where the situation spun out of control

You talk about the incident where the police officer mixed up their taser with their gun when the situation spun out of control.

Hard to keep track...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I think the post you quoted was about the military member where the situation spun out of control

You talk about the incident where the police officer mixed up their taser with their gun when the situation spun out of control.

Hard to keep track...
    It was the latter. My mistake if I wasn't clear enough I admit it is frightfully common. I don't believe for a moment she mixed up her taser with her gun but rather panicked and lost control of her weapon.

This sadly shows you can't just let anyone into the police force they have to be physically fit enough to overpower the average suspect.
    Fuck this bullshit. It has nothing to do with police physical fitness. You're just trying to justify sexism.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the latter. My mistake if I wasn't clear enough I admit it is frightfully common. I don't believe for a moment she mixed up her taser with her gun but rather panicked and lost control of her weapon.
    Than that is not a problem with her physical fitness.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Fuck this bullshit. It has nothing to do with police physical fitness. You're just trying to justify sexism.

- - - Updated - - -

Than that is not a problem with her physical fitness.
    Except it was a problem with fitness. Rather then being able to subdue a suspect she needed to rely on a weapon. It isn't a sexism thing you need to have a high standard of fitness to properly enforce the law. If you don't have an option to overpower the suspect you have to rely on tools to close the gap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You'll note the issue is always their female-ness. Despite them clearly having passed the fitness requirements for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This seems like a lot of words when you could just boil it down to a very succinct bit of sexism at the end, honestly.

Being physically fit isn't the be-all and end-all for overpowering someone, either. Especially not in terms of a police officer (hopefully) trying to stay within certain boundaries, and a suspect probably doing their utmost to get free and flee.
    I mean it played a major role in this. You can see it in the video she panicked when she lost physical control of the situation... its not sexism you HAVE to be able to overpower a suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it was a problem with fitness. Rather then being able to subdue a suspect she needed to rely on a weapon. It isn't a sexism thing you need to have a high standard of fitness to properly enforce the law. If you don't have an option to overpower the suspect you have to rely on tools to close the gap.
    No, this is straight up sexism.

She would've had to pass the fitness standards to become an officer in the first place. Your issue is entirely that she's a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You'll note the issue is always their female-ness. Despite them clearly having passed the fitness requirements for the job.
    There is a video of what happened... if the test was passed it clearly wasn't hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a video of what happened... if the test was passed it clearly wasn't hard enough.
    If you're operating under the assumption that an officer must be able to "overpower" any potential citizen, you've set an impossible standard for any officer to meet.

Your issue is that she's a woman. Nothing else. Male officers run into circumstances where they can't overpower a suspect all the time as well.

No, this is straight up sexism.

She would've had to pass the fitness standards to become an officer in the first place. Your issue is entirely that she's a woman.
    No if a man fucked up this badly it would be the same thing... I would rather try to address an issue then just overlook what lead to failure.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're operating under the assumption that an officer must be able to "overpower" any potential citizen, you've set an impossible standard for any officer to meet.

Your issue is that she's a woman. Nothing else. Male officers run into circumstances where they can't overpower a suspect all the time as well.
    How is that a impossible standard for law enforcement?

10+ Year Old Account
    No if a man fucked up this badly it would be the same thing... I would rather try to address an issue then just overlook what lead to failure.
    And that's why you're attacking the presence of women in the police force, and not this particular officer's basic failures of procedure and comprehension independent of her gender?

You're avoiding the issue, to use this situation to attack women as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that a impossible standard for law enforcement?
    Because there's always gonna be a bigger person. Unless you're demanding that all officers be literally professional weightlifters who are also multiple-degree black belts, there's always gonna be people who are bigger or better-trained.

So you didn't actually watch the video then.

She wasn't the one cuffing the suspect, if you watched her body-cam video she was standing by. She attempted to help the officer cuffing the suspect pull the guy out of the vehicle when he attempted to flee, which is when she drew her service weapon.

Man, I swear this one is just bringing all the "Women are weak and shouldn't do man jobs" sexists out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it was a problem with fitness.
    She couldn’t tell the difference between 31 ounce and an 8 once weapon... and you think the issue is fitness?

I don’t know man... I think if she were weaker, this wouldn’t happen... since she would be able to tell the difference between a weapon that weighs nearly 4 times more...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rather laughable in a thread where it took 4 male cops to hold down (and kill) Floyd people are arguing that woman can’t be cops because they can’t over power any and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Rather laughable in a thread where it took 4 male cops to hold down (and kill) Floyd people are arguing that woman can’t be cops because they can’t over power any and everyone.
    4 weren't on Floyd at once, 3 were standing by. Just as there were officers standing by in the Minnesota incident.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    4 weren't on Floyd at once, 3 were standing by. Just as there were officers standing by in the Minnesota incident.
    It’s been a while but I remember pictures with two other officers on him
    At some if I’m not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... what the fuck... how would you ever have anyone in the police force then? subduing someone alone is extremely difficult even if you are physically fit...
    I’m 6 foot 8... (203 cm) and 300 pounds... these morons are advocating for me to get shot over traffic stops... fucked up...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

There's always someone bigger and stronger. Demanding that every officer be able to physically overpower every suspect is unreasonable.

They have the tools and the training for just that reason.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-04-13 at 04:37 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    As Kyle Rittenhouse has shown even when you got a AR-15 the murder weapon and people shouting he just killed a bunch of people you get waved through and get to go home.
    That is the most stark contrast. Just un-fucking-believable.

You're completely overlooking what lead to failure. Her apparent inability to tell the difference between her gun and her taser. Despite the facts that the taser is holstered on the opposite side of her body as her gun, is brightly coloured and weighs a quarter as much as the gun. Her physical fitness is not the issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Man, I swear this one is just bringing all the "Women are weak and shouldn't do man jobs" sexists out.
    They'll use any excuse they can to deflect away from systemic racism and police brutality. Getting to push a sexist agenda is just a bonus for them.