Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    There is the truth of it. George Floyd is used as an excuse, and nothing more.
    Shouldn't have murdered him then.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

3+ Year Old Account
    Please Don’t group criminals with protestors.

Criminals don’t need an excuse to commit crimes.

Criminals do however look for opportunities to commit crimes.

Or you know you come off as a generalizing racist.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoswald View Post
    “They” being the drug dealers, gangbangers, etc. I thought that was clear by now. I apologize.
    I'm still not connecting how you're bringing literally any of them into this discussion. Where did it even come from? Because it has nothing to do with my post you responded to - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post53142963

10+ Year Old Account
    “They” being the drug dealers, gangbangers, etc. I thought that was clear by now. I apologize.
    This is a pretty obvious dog whistle when you you were just complaining about races vs races, my dude.

3+ Year Old Account
    What’s that have to do with police brutality?

Especially against those not proven guilty in a court of law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, “it’s totally wrong, but here’s all the examples of only white-on-black crime”. It IS two-sided. Has and always will be without a societal intervention or something.
    The examples are just the most egregious.

The points still stand, though. People of color are far more likely to be arrested in routine policing than whites. They're more likely to be killed if they resist in any way. Laws target people of color (and the poor), such as criminal offenses for possession of marijuana and other drugs.

The more damning statistics are thus: 1/3 blacks can expect to be jailed in their lifetime, and 1/6 latinos. Caucasians? 1/17. And when they're sentenced, they're far more likely to receive maximum sentences than whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Shouldn't have murdered him then.
    right? maybe cops should stop murdering people? maybe they should take some... personal responsibility? for their actions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Who's making what example of the entire national police force? The Chauvin case was about Chauvin, but this is a broader case about police accountability in the face of decades of police abuses, murders, and assaults that have gone unpunished and left victims without justice.

Remember that time Daniel Shaver was executed by a police officer? This is about him, too.
    Oh yeah, “whataboutism” at its finest. “Chauvin only committed one murder, but what about...” You can only make so many excuses before the argument becomes flimsy and falls apart. In this case, I think the media, politicians, the pissed off vigilantes are blowing it out of proportion. Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    A bunch of elected officials incited, participated in, and whitewashed the capitol insurrection but Maxine Waters went too far.

America is wild.
    Yep, I just saw that Insurrectionist antagonist Cruz wasn't happy with Maxine Waters, and the House Republicans tried to censure her. Meanwhile, they have one that, all of the evidence is pointing to, that is a fucking pedophile, and they aren't saying shit about him.

Oh yeah, “whataboutism” at its finest. “Chauvin only committed one murder, but what about...”
    That's not whataboutism dude, words have meanings.

pissed off vigilantes are blowing it out of proportion. Not me.
    Who are these vigilantes? Are they the same "they" that are also drug dealers and rapists? I'm confused as fuck, dude.

The one minute or so clip of Chauvin reacting to the verdict has shot straight to the top of views and clips.

You love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Endus is incorrect - the jury is picking between the three charges.
    Turns out, that they picked all 3. I know I am trying to catch up, but it is justice deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...632153604?s=19

The GOP truly are pieces of feces. Knowing Chauvin is likely guilty (verdict anytime now) they by any means want to get this killer off.

It's signaling to the large racist base in the Republican Party.
    And Biden waited until the jury was sequestered before he made a fucking comment. Cruz, should be fucking lucky he isn't being tried for fucking sedition right now along with the other 400+ people that deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And Biden waited until the jury was sequestered before he made a fucking comment. Cruz, should be fucking lucky he isn't being tried for fucking sedition right now along with the other 400+ people that deserve it.
    I love Cruz complaining, Biden just hoped for the "right" verdict. He never specified what it was.

Man, Republicans are just desperate to defend a cop who got convicted of murdering a man.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Max sentence if 40 years. Fuck YES!
    Thought that was just for the 2nd degree murder charge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fled Cruz just wants to distract he wanted to leave all us Texans to die while he tried to go somewhere warmer.

I would think that they could only sentence for the most severe charge?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Not going anywhere (voluntarily). I have my right to have an opinion like everyone else.
    Well, voluntarily or not...you're gone now :P

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I would think that they could only sentence for the most severe charge?
    That's what they will do. The discussion about the possible verdict outcomes got confusing, in part because of me. He'll only be sentenced for the highest charge, since they are all version of the same crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - that's what his sentencing will be based on. He would get sentenced for all three convictions, because they are all the same crime. He got the most severe conviction of the charges he was facing, which is awesome. More than I ever expected.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    right? those ones are much more unannounced unless it's the president calling for a riot.
    Not to mention plywood doesn't stop bullets very well which is the usual "conservative" solution to their perceived problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Reading the meltdown on r/conservatives. It's honestly hilarious to see where their stances land, given how they have to be for the exact opposite of everything to the left.

Cop sits on another guy's throat for 9 minutes until he dies, and here they are, hoping the cop gets off scot-free and isn't held accountable for his actions.
    Really sad that they don't allow anyone but flaired users only on most of their shitty posts, but then again, the so called "free speech warriors" don't like to be criticized by free speech all that often.

- - - Updated - - -

That black people are tired of being murdered? Without due fucking process?