10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, they could just... not break the law and then they wouldn't be charged, amiright?

Having broken the law and then been charged with the offense, they're still ahead of the people who were victims of police shootings, because they didn't get shot, as well.

Also, your math doesn't check out. Only one officer among the 50 has been charged. That's 2%. Some 10% of the 1000+ protesters in Portland have had charges filed. A batch of more than 2 dozen more people were charged just a few weeks ago.
    Most people arrested for crimes during the riots have had the charges dropped by the DA. The DA has not dropped any charges against the police. I am personally hoping the entire department resigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I am personally hoping the entire department resigns.
    Hey, look at that, we agree on something. Just maybe not for the reasons you think.

Remember, you're defending a police officer who beat a journalist over the head from behind with his baton, then kept beating her in the head after she was on the ground trying to cover her face with her hands. And you're praising his fellow officers who refused to intervene despite it being explicitly against department policy to strike someone in the head unless there is cause to employ deadly force.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2021-06-18 at 06:34 AM.

Yes, how dare they resign from a position that paid them no extra, where they had no support from the mayor or city council, and where they knew it was more likely they would be charged by the DA than the protestors destroying downtown... Honestly, it is amazing Portland can even find people willing to be on the force. Its just like how the city government was shocked that only 3-4 officers put their name in for consideration to being posted to a new anti-gun task force.
    Why should violent criminals get support from the city?

I love seeing the "No sympathy for criminals" crowd change their position when the criminals happen to be Police.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-18 at 07:01 AM.

the protestors destroying downtown
    Conservatives really need to get off this ridiculous talking point.

There would be no protests destroying property, and professional pussies in law enforcement wouldn't be "afraid of doing their jobs" if they had decided decades ago to stop shielding those who abused their positions from the just consequences of their actions. Consequences which include (but aren't limited to) people viewing US police as a whole as little more than a lawless gang of thugs who exist solely to make everyone's lives worse...and the resentment, anger, and violence that comes with that sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people arrested for crimes during the riots have had the charges dropped by the DA.
    That's because there was no case for most of those arrests.

The DA has not dropped any charges against the police. I am personally hoping the entire department resigns.
    I mean, it's the one charge. One officer, who is caught on video attacking a woman in the back of the head with his baton, repeatedly, as she's trying to get away. And he was only charged with a misdemeanor.

And you think this shit is somehow inappropriate? I honestly have no idea how you can defend this.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yes, how dare they resign from a position that paid them no extra, where they had no support from the mayor or city council, and where they knew it was more likely they would be charged by the DA than the protestors destroying downtown... Honestly, it is amazing Portland can even find people willing to be on the force. Its just like how the city government was shocked that only 3-4 officers put their name in for consideration to being posted to a new anti-gun task force.
    Yes, defend dumbasses that are pissed off their fellow officer was indicted on fucking excessive force.

Most people arrested for crimes during the riots have had the charges dropped by the DA. The DA has not dropped any charges against the police. I am personally hoping the entire department resigns.
    Almost like there's largely a lack of evidence to support prosecuting people aggressively arrested by the police without cause, while there's like, tons of video evidence of police assaulting people.

The cases aren't thrown out because of "librul DA's" for the most part, they're thrown out because the police have little short of, "Cause I said so." to support many of the charges.

This is buffalo PD resigning from their respective task force in "solidarity" with the two officers who were under investigation at the time for almost murdering Martin Gugino for the crime of trying to give officers back one of their helmets. Remember that? When the old guy was on the sidewalk bleeding from his skull, and an officer who started kneeling to check on him was grabbed by another officer as the line of cops marched forward? Where not an officer actually checked on him, just the few NG members who were there and apparently aren't cool with casual attempted murder and casual violence?

You sound pretty sympathetic for a police force, the PPB, that's still under federal supervision for extensive issues including excessive use of force and lying in police reports and shit. There's a reason most folks in Portland hate Portland cops.

Yes, how dare they resign from a position that paid them no extra, where they had no support from the mayor or city council, and where they knew it was more likely they would be charged by the DA.
    "If they did nothing wrong, they have nothing to fear."

Or was it "they should just have followed orders"?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

"They should have just tried not breaking the law."

I think that one applies too.

Apparently though, it doesn't apply to law enforcement for some folks. Just for us civies.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yes, defend dumbasses that are pissed off their fellow officer was indicted on fucking excessive force.
    @Kellhound only defends Liberty until ut gets in the way of Order.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "They should have just tried not breaking the law."

I think that one applies too.

Apparently though, it doesn't apply to law enforcement for some folks. Just for us civies.
    "No sympathy for criminals" is my favourite. But, as you said, apparently that one doesn't apply when the Cops are the criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Hey, look at that, we agree on something. Just maybe not for the reasons you think.

Remember, you're defending a police officer who beat a journalist over the head from behind with his baton, then kept beating her in the head after she was on the ground trying to cover her face with her hands. And you're praising his fellow officers who refused to intervene despite it being explicitly against department policy to strike someone in the head unless there is cause to employ deadly force.
    Oh I am sure I know why you want to see it.

Nope, didnt defend the officer. Nope, didn't praise the officers that quit either. I did explain why their actions are understandable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Why should violent criminals get support from the city?

I love seeing the "No sympathy for criminals" crowd change their position when the criminals happen to be Police.
    Well, the city DOES support violent criminals, so long as they as they are rioters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Conservatives really need to get off this ridiculous talking point.

There would be no protests destroying property, and professional pussies in law enforcement wouldn't be "afraid of doing their jobs" if they had decided decades ago to stop shielding those who abused their positions from the just consequences of their actions. Consequences which include (but aren't limited to) people viewing US police as a whole as little more than a lawless gang of thugs who exist solely to make everyone's lives worse...and the resentment, anger, and violence that comes with that sentiment.
    The same can be said of the rioters as being nothing more than a lawless gang of thugs. Oh wait, they are nothing more than a lawless gang of thugs....

Nope, didnt defend the officer.
    You just want the whole department to resign because you seem to think it's "unfair". Totes different?

Well, the city DOES support violent criminals, so long as they as they are rioters.
    https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020...est-cases.html

They don't, that's balderdash. They prosecuted crimes, they dropped charges on most of the folks because the charges were "interfering with police" for the most part, which are garbage, trumped up charges from a police department still under federal oversight and still not complying - https://www.opb.org/article/2021/02/...ral-oversight/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That's because there was no case for most of those arrests.

I mean, it's the one charge. One officer, who is caught on video attacking a woman in the back of the head with his baton, repeatedly, as she's trying to get away. And he was only charged with a misdemeanor.

And you think this shit is somehow inappropriate? I honestly have no idea how you can defend this.
    Most of those with dismissed charges were guilty, the DA just didn't want to charge them.

Yes, I DO think it is inappropriate for rioters to be let off.

Most of those with dismissed charges were guilty, the DA just didn't want to charge them.
    Guilty of what? When did their court date happen?

Yes, I DO think it is inappropriate for rioters to be let off.
    "Let off" on what charges, specifically?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    More of a last straw thing rather than casus belli.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Almost like there's largely a lack of evidence to support prosecuting people aggressively arrested by the police without cause, while there's like, tons of video evidence of police assaulting people.

The cases aren't thrown out because of "librul DA's" for the most part, they're thrown out because the police have little short of, "Cause I said so." to support many of the charges.

This is buffalo PD resigning from their respective task force in "solidarity" with the two officers who were under investigation at the time for almost murdering Martin Gugino for the crime of trying to give officers back one of their helmets. Remember that? When the old guy was on the sidewalk bleeding from his skull, and an officer who started kneeling to check on him was grabbed by another officer as the line of cops marched forward? Where not an officer actually checked on him, just the few NG members who were there and apparently aren't cool with casual attempted murder and casual violence?

You sound pretty sympathetic for a police force, the PPB, that's still under federal supervision for extensive issues including excessive use of force and lying in police reports and shit. There's a reason most folks in Portland hate Portland cops.
    No, I just despise the rioters. Would prefer to have seen them dealt with using far greater force and every last one of them charged with felonies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna need to see some proof of this, otherwise it's just a line of made-up bullshit.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

The rioters have nothing to fear, that is for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    @Kellhound only defends Liberty until ut gets in the way of Order.
    I do not believe that rioting is liberty.

No, I just despise the rioters. Would prefer to have seen them dealt with using far greater force and every last one of them charged with felonies.
    And those with felony charges are being charged. Those that engaged in violence or property destruction are being charged.

People harassed and picked up by the cops for being on the streets and being charged with "interfering with police", which is almost always a bogus charge, are having charges dropped by the DA because for most of them they were simply expressing their First Amendment rights, which the PPB found terribly inconvenient.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not believe that rioting is liberty.
    No, but you seem to view all protests as "riots" and all attendees as "rioters" regardless of their actual behavior.

hey kellhound whats you opinion on kent state?