10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu have zero proof of any of you fantasies,and the threats of violence if an acquittal is reached is on social media no matter how ,much you isist it didn't happen.
    your whataboutism is boring. You are the one that made the claim that the reason for the long deliberation time was jury intimidation, flying in the face of legal experts. Burden of proof is on you.

Wow this is not even remotely an argument. Offering someone a job does not = calling someone a role model. Just stop.
    so what then do you call giving someone a job with no qualifications, no interview. And if you say it is a political stunt...why is it a political stunt. The math ain't hard here and your insistence that is due to nothing is absurd

yes he was. That is why the charge was thrown out. Stop lying.
    Wisconsin laws aren't the only ones that apply. Stop lying.

Because the gun charge was thrown out. He was ruled to have been legally able to possess the gun.
    that isn't what that means no matter how many times you repeat the lie.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model? That is beyond a complete stretch.
    How about going through the logic of why a right-wing politician feels this 'political stunt' would benefit him. I don't think you're making the point that you think you are.

Ugh. @Lenonis beat me to it.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Any evidence he was pointing it ? Because it did not convince the jury.
    The drone footage.

The judge and the defense literally threatened to throw the trial out as a mistrial because the first time the drone footage was shown it was lower quality than the original shoot and they were accusing the prosecution of evidence tampering. In reality what happened is that the drone footage was compressed then decompressed when it was emailed to the prosecution, leading to the decrease in quality. When the jury reviewed the higher quality drone footage, literally nothing was different about the video, just higher quality. But the judge and the defense wanted to call for a mistrial over it IF a guilty verdict was reached. Because the judge at least is a Trumper stooge piece of shit.

If anything, this demand for a mistrial over a slight decrease in quality was all optics to smear the prosecution and make the jury think they WERE tampering with evidence. There's no direct evidence to suggest this changed their mind, but putting it into the heads of the jury that the prosecution intentionally showed a low quality video as evidence tampering (even when the higher quality video literally was no different)

Here's a quiz for all the Kyle stans in here. Basic gun safety stuff.

Question 1: Don't point your gun at someone unless you intend to ___________ (Fill in the blank)
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2021-11-21 at 08:29 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The drone footage.

Here's a quiz for all the Kyle stans in here. Basic gun safety stuff.

Question 1: Don't point your gun at someone unless you intend to ___________ (Fill in the blank)
    Is the answer "get job offers from congressmen"?

No?

Oh.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    How about going through the logic of why a right-wing politician feels this 'political stunt' would benefit him. I don't think you're making the point that you think you are.
    Because it gets him in the news and it galvanizes his supporters. Remember, he is up for re-election next year already. It is ALWAYS about getting votes in the next election. What better way to galvanize your base, one that are also Trump supporters by the way, by exploiting this verdict by offering a job to him. But trying to equate a job offer to calling someone a role model is just absolutely absurd and, frankly, far left BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Is the answer "get job offers from congressmen"?

No?

Oh.
    The answer is also not "self defense them to death", right?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it gets him in the news and it galvanizes his supporters. Remember, he is up for re-election next year already. It is ALWAYS about getting votes in the next election. What better way to galvanize your base, one that are also Trump supporters by the way, by exploiting this verdict by offering a job to him. But trying to equate a job offer to calling someone a role model is just absolutely absurd and, frankly, far left BS.
    In no universe apart from "words have the meaning I give them"-universe makes this any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Now you're just arguing semantics on the term "role model." The right is clearly lionizing him (and they have been since the incident happened and before the facts were more established).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it gets him in the news and it galvanizes his supporters.
    You are just so close. So close. Just one more baby step.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you're just arguing semantics on the term "role model." The right is clearly lionizing him (and they have been since the incident happened and before the facts were more established).
    Fine. Let's not call him a role model. Let's instead call him "someone a politician can use to get votes by offering a job to someone who the right feels embodies right wing principles and thus should be supported and praised."

Is that better?

I kinda feel role model is a lot more efficient to type though.
    Forum badass alert:

Wrong. I am arguing on facts. You and he are trying to twist and stretch to make false claims. You are also misuising words to go after the right. They aren't lionizing anyone. They are going after Biden and every Dem who made defamatory statements. But why talk about the actual facts when you can ignore therm and make up ones to fit your narrative?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. I am arguing on facts. You and he are trying to twist and stretch to make false claims. You are also misuising words to go after the right. They aren't lionizing anyone. They are going after Biden and every Dem who made defamatory statements.
    ...by lionizing Rittenhouse. This is obvious to everyone except yourself.

Also, they're not "defamatory statements".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

They aren't lionizing anyone.
    Republicans Are Falling All Over Themselves to Embrace Kyle Rittenhouse

A number of people here, including Claremont institute VP tweeting "We need to make the Rittenhouse as hero movie"

With a hand from Trump, the right makes Rittenhouse a cause célèbre

Interviews with supporters, etc. Also brings up Tucker Carlson's coverage of him and the case.

Jeanine Pirro: “Rittenhouse has been villainized here, and he's been demonized, and I think it should be just the opposite

Emphasis mine. This one is BEFORE the trial.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9692486.html

Ann Coulter saying "make him president" a day or two after the incident...

Yeah, TOTALLY not lionizing or anything...
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    "...*blah blah* making things up *blah blah* leftist bully mob *blah blah* unanimous jury *blah blah* stop lying *blah blah*..."

Did I do that right?

It's like the same phrases, on repeat, because there's no actual legitimate response to the truth.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account

A number of people here, including Claremont institute VP tweeting "We need to make the Rittenhouse as hero movie"

Interviews with supporters, etc. Also brings up Tucker Carlson's coverage of him and the case.

Jeanine Pirro: “Rittenhouse has been villainized here, and he's been demonized, and I think it should be just the opposite

Yeah, at this point anyone saying the right isn't celebrating or lionizing reminds me of that picture with the three monkeys.

The right loves to justify police killing minorities, especially when that minority does something threatening LIKE HOLDING A TOY TRAIN IN HIS HAND. But Kyle pointing his gun at people before the first person even charged at him? Naw totally not threatening.

The right has made shootings not about actual justice, but about right vs left. The biggest damage Trump did to this country was not just increasing the polarization between right and left, but packing the court with stooge judges.

While @Kokolums is over here arguing that this will all lead to civil war if the left just doesn't roll over and take it, what I foresee is a second major civil rights movement. If the right was able to treat minorities equally we wouldn't be here, but when more civil rights laws are enacted, they only have themselves to blame and no right to complain if they don't like said civil rights laws or feel they're "unfair".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

LOL that is not lionizing him. That is simply stating the facts, not giving approval. Ann Coulter making a joke with the intent of trolling the left?

First offering a job is = calling someone a role model and now reporting the facts, making jokes or saying he should be defended instead of demonized is now = lionizing someone? The level of spin here is staggering.

10+ Year Old Account
    The level of spin here is staggering.
    You sure got that right. I never knew people praising someone isn't a positive thing but rather just stating facts.

This is such a stupid hill to die on. It's obvious most of the right wing embraces Rittenhouse and have spoken positively of him. White supremacy group say he's one of them. Right wingers are giving him job offers.

But no. The right wing has nothing positive to say about him. No sirree. They are just stating facts.
    Forum badass alert:

LOL that is not lionizing him. That is simply stating the facts, not giving approval. Ann Coulter making a joke with the intent of trolling the left?

First offering a job is = calling someone a role model and now reporting the facts, making jokes or saying he should be defended instead of demonized is now = lionizing someone? The level of spin here is staggering.
    Ok, I'll bite. How is "making him a hero" stating facts? Which fact makes him a hero? And this is coming from me who thinks half this forum is an echochamber/hivemind.
    Can we stop making idiots famous? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Mark Levin weighs in...

This is BEFORE the verdict, just to be clear.
    Who gives a flying fuck what Mark Levin says? He is fucking stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. How is "making him a hero" stating facts? Which fact makes him a hero? And this is coming from me who thinks half this forum is an echochamber/hivemind.
    Can we stop making idiots famous? Please?
    Conservatives are painting him as a hero. Especially on Fox News, the #1 most watched conservative propaganda machine in the nation. 30 seconds on facebook (basically the social media dominated by conservative echo chambers these days) shows people praising him as an American hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Conservatives are painting him as a hero. Especially on Fox News, the #1 most watched conservative propaganda machine in the nation. 30 seconds on facebook (basically the social media dominated by conservative echo chambers these days) shows people praising him as an American hero.
    Wait, why did MMO-C tell me you replied to me, when that was to Easo? I R CONFUSED.