Destroying people's livelihoods always pushes the very same people you want on your side against you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Destroying people's livelihoods always pushes the very same people you want on your side against you.
    I aint saying its right either, I am not a destructive protester myself and I have been apart of many protests, but protesting peacefully when no one listens will only get you so far, what are they supposed to do? Keep protesting peacefully so people can ignore you? Protest peacefully harder? People have been protesting peacefully against this shit for years and nothing has been done, now people are making some noise because they tried 'peacefully' and it didn't work... People are frustrated, mad and pissed. If people listened in the first place maybe this shit wouldn't be happening.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-05-30 at 10:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure you want the people on your side who prefer tranquility over change...

Because let's face it, that's the problem here: Most just don't want the status quo to change. "Yeah, it's bad, but don't ruffle anyone's feathers" - these people aren't potential allies, but the very same people blocking any change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    IDK bout you but I think organ harvesting
    Right, it's not organ harvesting in the US it's organ buying in the US, that's really much much better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...4d5_story.html

, religious oppression,
    Well, it's just accepted not actually enforced, whoop whoop better than China!

But hate crimes are on the rise and "jews will not replace us" still rings in some ears, apparently not yours.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46189391

state sanctioned death camps/forced labor
    *ahem* private prisons sanctioned by the US might disagree with you, but don't let facts get in the way of your argument of US#1 CHINA MUCH WORSE!

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...modern-slavery

and a more racist approach to their national interests is far more sinister than a fuckup of some random cops...
    Great argument, they are even more racist so our racism here is not that bad actually.

dont you think so? Tell me, what happened last time there was a peaceful protest in Tianamen square? Oh riiiighttt.....
    We're a little better than a country that treats its people really really badly. Everythings fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

If you want to be calculating about it, you destroyed a couple of peoples livelihoods with it and you got the attention of millions. It's a win.

Or you could have waved hippy flags and gone completely unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you want to be calculating about it, you destroyed a couple of peoples livelihoods with it and you got the attention of millions. It's a win.

Or you could have waved hippy flags and gone completely unnoticed.
    I mean, let's be really plain about it: if the behavior of the protesters somehow makes a person more ok with the largely unchecked and ongoing extrajudicial murders of black people by cops and vigilantes alike, then you were ok with it in first place and looking for yet another excuse not to feel guilty about it.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Just ignore Elegiac. The looters/rioters also destroyed small businesses, which GREATLY impacts a city. But i guess more people going into welfare and poverty is a good thing for the local economy?
    Not to speak of crimes rates...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    Destroying people's livelihoods is the very reason these violent protests are happening. These people are getting killed, suppressed, dehumanized for ages. Their pleas have been ignored long enough. You can't fault them for doing what is being done to them.
    Are you certain they are targetting the true opressors, though? Burning down police buildings is pretty obvious, sure, but random shops? Aren't some of them owned by black people, as well? Obviously this is all because of frustration and anger, so a lot of it can be excused, but still.

And once looting comes into picture, it's even harder to justify - I always consider it a few people trying to profit of the chaos, not actually "protest" anything. I have seen "who cares about a random TV, when a man was killed by police" in this thread... how come it doesn't work in reverse? "Police are killing people - you're here to protest against that, not grab a TV."

Admitedly, my country is like 97% white, so PoC are more of an oddity than opressed minority (and there are still some racists assholes around), so perhaps my opinion would be different if I were an American.

than a fuckup of some random cops...dont you think so?
    It's clearly not just about this incident.

IDK bout you but I think organ harvesting, religious oppression, state sanctioned death camps/forced labor and a more racist approach to their national interests
    Yet the vast majority are Innocent Civilians living with Economic Stability and over-all Low Crime in big cities through Authoritarian Rule and you think Rioting and ruining their lives would be okay?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-30 at 11:26 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The big business will survive, and not the ones you want on your side anyway.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having seen plenty of footage on the ground, the wanton destruction of people's homes, jobs and livelihood, I have zero fucks to give for these terrorists. Their behavior won't get the rest on their side, and hopefully these idiots get locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Having seen plenty of footage on the ground, the wanton destruction of people's homes, jobs and livelihood, I have zero fucks to give for these terrorists. Their behavior won't get the rest on their side, and hopefully these idiots get locked up.
    The "side" of....not murdering black people? You can't get with that because you don't like the protesters'* behavior?

*Call them whatever you like, the question stands.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Looks like US Police Forces are trying to turn the Protest Violent by dressing up as Terrorists and inciting Violence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...m_medium=web2x

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It has happened multiple Times in America due to Racial Injustice and MLK's assassination.
    And it's been criminally stupid every time.

There are clear reasons why Rioting and Looting happens.
    Yes, because the majority of people are imbeciles.

This is what happens when People are sick of
    Racial Injustice in America while they feel like they're being Ignored.
    No, this is what happens when people see a band-wagon they can jump on to cause mayhem.

LMAO, Peaceful protests haven't worked.
    It depends on what you mean by, "worked". If you mean, "result in what the people demand", then nothing will work because "the people" are stupid. The point of protesting is to raise awareness and inspire someone to take action.

The Reality is most people who accuse others of Virtue-Signaling Racism are Dog Whistling Racists.
    The reality is that most people who attempt to label others as "racists" don't understand how the word works. Try harder, kid.

Yet plenty gathered together to Burn a Police Station
    You're daft and out of touch if you think the torching of a police station was anything more than half-wit "reeeeeee"-ing to get attention because they're bored and jumped at a chance to yell, "fuck da police".

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    The "side" of....not murdering black people?
    I mean, you didn't see Sandy Hook parents torching shit when some half-wit mowed down dozens of their children, yet the nation was up in arms about it for months.

*Call them whatever you like, the question stands.
    I mean, the definition of terrorism is, "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims". Seems pretty clear-cut to me. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The reality is that most people who attempt to label others as "racists" don't understand how the word works.
    Says the person completely dismissing Racial Tensions in the USA as just "Virtue Signaling"

No, this is what happens when people see a band-wagon they can jump on to cause mayhem.
    Yes, because the majority of people are imbeciles.
    And it's been criminally stupid every time.
    Yet you're the one completely dismissing why people are angry.

You're daft and out of touch if you think the torching of a police station was anything more than half-wit "reeeeeee"-ing to get attention because they're bored and jumped at a chance to yell, "fuck da police".
    You were the one suggesting people hate their neighbors.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-30 at 11:59 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    Looks like US Police Forces are trying to turn the Protest Violent by dressing up as Terrorists and inciting Violence.

You surely do not believe that based on one short video.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Says the person completely dismissing Racial Tensions in the USA as just "Virtue Signaling"
    I'm not sure you understand how conversational constructs like words and sentences work. Nothing in what I said "dismisses racial tensions". Also, your shift key seems to be broken, as you keep capitalizing random words.

Yet you're the one completely dismissing why people are angry.
    No, I'm merely pointing out that most of is virtue-signalling. Look the word up if you don't understand it.

You were the one suggesting people hate their neighbors.
    No, I said that most people don't give two shits about their neighbors. Not caring =/= hate.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2020-05-30 at 12:26 PM.

I'm not sure you understand how conversational constructs like words and sentences work. Nothing in what I said "dismisses racial tensions".
    Yes it does. You're completely Dismissing Racial Tensions and the Culture of Racism in America as Virtue Signaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post

Theres some questionable looters in the Oakland videos. They definitely don't look like your run of the mill opportunistic looters. They travel in packs and hit stuff a bit out of the way with precision as other looters look them like

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I mean, you didn't see Sandy Hook parents torching shit when some half-wit mowed down dozens of their children, yet the nation was up in arms about it for months.
    So you mean if parents had started burning shit down, you would've said, "You know what, I was sympathetic, but because of that, I am on board with shooting 1st graders to death after all."