10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Rioting fucks everyone up...and doesn't make anything better.
    What's worse than living as a black person in this country, out of curiosity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah police murdering is bad, but have you thought about the poor people who have to shop somewhere else for their bras?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    1. Murder is worse than property damage.
    2. The property damage could be prevented if you stopped the murders.

Complaining about the rioting and drawing attention to it as if it is the thing at fault here is just perpetuating the problem.

If you had the chance right now, would you trade places with any one of the protesters or rioters? Even a single one of them?

Probably not. As to why that is:

You know what's happening. You know you don't want it for you. I want to know why you are so willing to accept it, or to allow it to happen for others.
    Tell me again why the private store of Papa Joe has to be looted and burned down, potentially driving him out to live on the street and die off as he cannot pay his bills?
    Or maybe smashing his house? He had nothing to do with that. So why the anger against HIM? I even understand burning the police station down, they were directly responsible, both for the murder and for the systemic failures and racism. Fight the system and all that. Not the Papa Joe.

One bad thing does not excuse other bad things, nor does it excuse having even more people suffering aside from the killed man. Looting fucking TV's is a crime, end of discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    It is about fucking time that Americans, especially African Americans, started rising up violently against the government. Peaceful protest leads to shit. But this...

But look at this. You light a few cars on fire and actually give a shit about fighting, and the fascist pigs retreat.

And where are the guns? You fucking people horde guns in case the government becomes too powerful and you need to rise up.

Well now they are arresting reporters in the street.

If not now, WHEN?

Let America burn. They are a stain on the west and always have been. Nobody respects westerners, mainly because of Americans.

It’s time they were put in their fucking place.
    You know inciting violent events is against the rules, right? You hope that America has a civil war in order to "thin the numbers", which it's messed up that you want so much death.

What's worse than living as a black person in this country, out of curiosity?
    Being Native American.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I feel like the last 20 or so pages have degraded to quite low level. What I also dislike is that it seems that there are way too many people who are almost defending looting. Not "I understand that people went anger in not the smartest ways", but "meh, its fine, private property does not matter".

Looting and random destruction is not excusable, please, just stop it. I trully wonder how many businesses have gone under because of this (potentially causing indirect deaths...).
    Yeah most of them are just using this as an excuse to do what they always wanted to do, which is loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me again why the private store of Papa Joe has to be looted and burned down, potentially driving him out to live on the street and die off as he cannot pay his bills?Or maybe smashing his house? He had nothing to do with that. So why the anger against HIM? I even understand burning the police station down, they were directly responsible, both for the murder and for the systemic failures and racism. Fight the system and all that. Not the Papa Joe.

One bad thing does not excuse other bad things, nor does it excuse having even more people suffering aside from the killed man. Looting fucking TV's is a crime, end of discussion.
    Because we live in a racist system of oppression that creates volatile social situations that eventually blow up in this fashion.

If you addressed the former, the latter wouldn't happen. You are trying to tone police the reactions of that have been oppressed and dehumanized in this country since its foundation when they finally have enough.

What that speaks to isn't how morally righteous you are for looking out for this invisible "little man". It speaks to a bubble of privilege where you think of this event as a public spectacle and not as what it is; the result of state sanctioned terror.

But like I said. That private store was probably smoking weed when it was a construction sight and was bound to end up burned down sooner or later.

- - - Updated - - -

Being Native American.
    Real solid argument you got there champ.

"Don't riot or else you could be treated like Native Americans."
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You asked a question and I answered.
    wtf more did you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked a question and I answered.
    wtf more did you want?
    Why you seem to think "rioting is silly because it'll make things worse" is a remotely appropriate thing to say in reference to an already oppressed group.

Because we live in a racist system of oppression that creates volatile social situations that eventually blow up in this fashion.

If you addressed the former, the latter wouldn't happen. You are trying to tone police the reactions of that have been oppressed and dehumanized in this country since its foundation when they finally have enough.

What that speaks to isn't how morally righteous you are for looking out for this invisible "little man". It speaks to a bubble of privilege where you think of this event as a public spectacle and not as what it is; the result of state sanctioned terror.

But like I said. That private store was probably smoking weed when it was a construction sight and was bound to end up burned down sooner or later.

- - - Updated - - -

Real solid argument you got there champ.

So roiting and looting, which are crimes too by the way, are completely OK huh?

You lose all right to the moral high ground with this mentality. There is no justification for looting and rioting. Someone else committing a crime does not give you a free pass to commit your own. Your mentality is a part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You know inciting violent events is against the rules, right? You hope that America has a civil war in order to "thin the numbers", which it's messed up that you want so much death.

Only the death of Americans. They are the problem.

Coronavirus has done a wonderful job at thinning their numbers, I honestly wonder if it actually WAS created in a lab. Think about it.

China hates America.
    America is the unhealthiest, fattest, stupidest nation on the planet.
    Chin unleashes plague that is easily beaten with common sense and a healthy lifestyle.
    Most of the world recovers.
    America suffers, but because of their shitty culture.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-30 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Why you seem to think "rioting is silly because it'll make things worse" is a remotely appropriate thing to say in reference to an already oppressed group.
    Yeah, burning down Pop's livelihood is a great idea...

- - - Updated - - -

Only the death of Americans. They are the problem.
    And you only come here to shitpost until you get banned and then make shit-alts...
    So...you are the problem for humanity.
    Go away already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    See protesters are gathering outside the White House now... finally a place I want them to raid and loot. Maybe burn it down too...
    would you have said that between 2009-2017?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So roiting and looting, which are crimes too by the way, are completely OK huh?

You lose all right to the moral high ground with this mentality. There is no justification for looting and rioting. Someone else committing a crime does not give you a free pass to commit your own. Your mentality is a part of the problem.
    Answer this question, yes or no:

Would you want to be treated as a black person is treated in this country?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    would you have said that between 2009-2017?
    Nah, Y'all Qaeda didn't have their divine leader in the White House back then so there was significantly less reason to question the peaceful transition of power.

Yeah, burning down Pop's livelihood is a great idea...

- - - Updated - - -

And you only come here to shitpost until you get banned and then make shit-alts...
    So...you are the problem for humanity.
    Go away already.
    All this statement does is reinforce the idea the flourishing capitalism is more important than human life. Trading shiny bits of metal was never meant for the human race, nor concrete jungles, or the internet.

It needs to end.

All this statement does is reinforce the idea the flourishing capitalism is more important than human life. Trading shiny bits of metal was never meant for the human race, nor concrete jungles, or the internet.
    It needs to end.
    Your fascist country calling you and wants to tell you that envy is an ugly thing.

Answer this question, yes or no:

Would you want to be treated as a black person is treated in this country?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, Y'all Qaeda didn't have their divine leader in the White House back then so there was significantly less reason to question the peaceful transition of power.
    Not what I was talking about. Again, one crime does not give you a free pass to commit others. It is hypocritical to be outraged about harm to one innocent person then turn around and be completely OK with harming other innocents in response. Rioting and looting are unacceptable. period.

I feel like the last 20 or so pages have degraded to quite low level. What I also dislike is that it seems that there are way too many people who are almost defending looting. Not "I understand that people went anger in not the smartest ways", but "meh, its fine, private property does not matter".

Looting and random destruction is not excusable, please, just stop it. I trully wonder how many businesses have gone under because of this (potentially causing indirect deaths...).
    Eh, I'm not defending looting, but these places are insured, I don't think anyone is gonna indirectly die from this.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Eh, I'm not defending looting, but these places are insured, I don't think anyone is gonna indirectly die from this.
    Yeah you are defending the looting. You just basically said, "They are insured, so it is OK".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not what I was talking about. Again, one crime does not give you a free pass to commit others. It is hypocritical to be outraged about harm to one innocent person then turn around and be completely OK with harming other innocents in response. Rioting and looting are unacceptable. period.
    Okay.

Why did MPD choose to escalate the peaceful protest into a full blown riot, then?

And that you're not even willing to entertain the affirmative is answer enough. As was said: You know what's happening. You know you don't want it for you. I want to know why you are so willing to accept it, or to allow it to happen for others.

I've little compunction in saying quite openly that 2020 has made me absolutely ashamed to be white. I am disgusted by the behavior and opinions that a significant number of my demographic practices and holds given all the evidence that is available. I am beyond appalled at the way you all carry on about property damage as if it remotely holds a candle to a centuries long campaign of human terror.

No lives matter until black lives matter. It's as simple as that, Karen.