Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    But eventually people will grow tired of it. Then they will get sick of it. Then they will get angry about it. And then they might demand extreme action taken to stop it.
    Indeed. Black people have grown tired of it; they have grown sick of it. They are angry about it and demanding extreme action taken to stop it.

ETA: It's astounding that in your version of events, white people are the patient, restrained ones.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9543401.html

Heavily armed white guys illegally carrying weapons in a state without open carry?

Meh, go home bro, no violations of the law here.

I'm telling you, liberals need to start arming heavily before showing up to protests. Because apparently being a heavily armed protester means that cops are too afraid to assault you. At least if you're white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    And whomever is extreme enough to do it could become another Napoleon.
    Thank goodness we'll get to see the Annexico after all, and Canada freed from British reign too

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post

Good job Amuricans, good job.
    Trump thanking himself in his own tweet is the chef's kiss right there.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Heavily armed white guys illegally carrying weapons in a state without open carry?

I'm telling you, liberals need to start arming heavily before showing up to protests. Because apparently being a heavily armed protester means that cops are too afraid to assault you. At least if you're white.
    Not sure if you saw this but it was linked in the thread earlier. I mean, you know what's going to happen and it's still somehow worse anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    From one of the replies, hadn't seen this before but it's pretty perfect.

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Indeed. Black people have grown tired of it; they have grown sick of it. They are angry about it and demanding extreme action taken to stop it.

ETA: It's astounding that in your version of events, white people are the patient, restrained ones.
    Especially since the Bariatric Scooter Brigade couldn't stand a few weeks indoors or wearing a cheap disposable mask in public without having a fit.

Let's take a look at this image.

Looks intimidating, yeah? Bunch of grody looking white dudes with guns? Here's the thing, though. The folks you see in this image, as mentioned above, aren't the ones being oppressed - we know it, they know it. Or rather, they are aware of the privilege they possess in being able to brandish weapons on government property without fear of reprisal. Which is why they are brave enough to do it in the first place; they stand to lose relatively little.

But when it comes to actual situations where they would be required to potentially put themselves in danger of violent arrest? No. There's a reason these shitbags have to lynch, mug, perform mass shootings, and other acts wherein they possess the monopoly of force, and why beyond some bloody but ultimately meaningless tantrums they will climb down when presented with any serious resistance.

Cowardice, and selfishness. Neither are the pillars of any sort of lasting cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I think Dave Chappelle might be the man to listen to for those concerned about all of the mass shootings and wanting stricter gun control laws. Take his advice from his last special. All black people go out and start buying as many guns as they can. See how quickly things change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    ~snip~
    Could you kindly try and make it look less like you are having a breakdown over this situation? Despite of brandishing weapons their protest is actually peaceful, not a single person was mauled or shot, not a single business or government facility has been looted or burnt down

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Could you kindly try and make it look less like you are having a breakdown over this situation? Despite of brandishing weapons their protest is actually peaceful, not a single person was mauled or shot, not a single business or government facility has been looted or burnt down
    Just, you know, lawmakers showing up to work with fucking bulletproof vests or being too afraid to show up.

And if police were as hands-off with these protesters as they were with those going on now, there wouldn't be issues.

See: The white guy, illegally open carrying, being turned away from protests by police rather than detained and arrested for illegal open carry of multiple firearms in Chicago.

It's almost like the police response is fucking different. Hell, in my quiet little town where most of the protesters were upper middle class folks (more women) who were middle aged/retired saw the cops going nuts. Peaceful all day, spilled out onto the highway a bit but remained peaceful, cops trapped the protesters on the highway between tear gas on the onramp/offramp, preventing them from leaving, and then started shooting rubber bullets at them, some of which hit cars taht were simply stuck on the freeway due to the protests and caused damage.

These protesters have a lot more to be angry about than not being able to get the 2-for-$20 sliders at Applebees after their quarterly haircut.

When the cops start treating both protesters the same, we can talk. But considering the absolute kid-gloves they handle those assholes with, while they're repeatedly assaulting media on-camera without provocation or pulling down the mask of a protester so they can spray them in the face with pepper spray point blank, despite the protester doing nothing aggressive.

Exactly! They put their hoods on for that shit, at least for the last couple hundred years or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it's almost as if the dudes brandishing weapons aren't actually threatening the dominant socioeconomic group in the same way as the peaceful protesters who are being shot at and gassed.

You're literally just proving that all the MAGA shit is white performance art, hun.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Any sympathy I had for this is just gone now that it's revealed what a piece of shit this guy was. Good riddance. He shouldn't have been free.
    Based on what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any sympathy I had for this is just gone now that it's revealed what a piece of shit this guy was. Good riddance. He shouldn't have been free.
    I assume you are talking about the officer who started all of this. Because his record speaks for itself. He is a piece of shit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Based on what?
    You're forgetting that this was a black man killed by police in America.

We are now at the stage where the media digs up even the most obscure or unverified shit on the victim and uses that as justification for the killing like "they were on a bad track, it was unavoidable due to their poor choices", as if that somehow excuses extrajudicial killing by police or the trend of police brutality.

It's super easy to spot the sheep and the racists because they tend to adhere to this cycle fairly religiously. Stimulus, response. Stimulus, response. No thought required.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    so he went back in time some how and screwed this place up before he was even president because it's been an ongoing issue there from what I can tale, stories going back quite a ways.
    Of course he is never said he was not (or even pretended he was not or their hands were clean) just seems to be a LOT of deflecting for the democrats involved.
    That is a ludicrous strawmen argument you asked what the democrats did when they took power and what Trump has done to dismantle all that progress. Of course democrats bear some of the blame there's a long list of policies that can be criticized but the right stance has always been clear systematic racism doesn't exist black people just need to pull themselves up from them bootstraps.

That has been the republican motto for decades the party simply does not wish to tackle it that's why republicans poll badly with minorities. Because of that stance when they are in power they destroy anything that addresses those issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Home invasion, armed robbery, put a gun to a pregnant woman's belly. Like I said, he was a piece of shit.
    If you're digging up Floyd's past to try and justify his murder in the present, rather than operating off the facts of the actual incident in question, you're operating in bad faith and it's hard to think of what possible motive you could have other than straight-up, unadulterated racism.

Home invasion, armed robbery, put a gun to a pregnant woman's belly. Like I said, he was a piece of shit.
    Sauce?

And which of those crimes deserves an extrajudicial killing by someone who is supposed to be upholding the law, again?

This isn't Megacity 6, cups aren't Judges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sauce?

And which of those crimes deserves an extrajudicial killing by someone who is supposed to be upholding the law, again?

This isn't Megacity 6, cups aren't Judges.
    Apparantly he robbed a place in 2007, and was released in 2014 and hadnt done anything bad since.

So again, just looking for any excuse to be hateful. If he had essentially reformed, then what he did over a decade ago should have no bearing on what happened to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't feel bad for some piece of shit that never should have been free if they die.
    Same. Can't wait to see justice for the several deaths caused at the hands of the officer who murdered George Floyd.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't feel bad for some piece of shit that never should have been free if they die.
    "I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem"

Sounds about white.