Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Sure, you could turn it all into an hour of videos and someone talking.
    Do you want to turn it into just that?
    Probably not.
    The only thing I cared about was the videos of upcoming patches / games, mechanic discussions and lore discussions. So yea I would be ok with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Sure, you could turn it all into an hour of videos and someone talking.
    Do you want to turn it into just that?
    Probably not.
    I mean, when most of the interesting stuff (imho) was the panels, like how WoW zones are designed, or what it's like to be a coder at Blizzard, or the art of Diablo sound design, or new insights gained over the past year of Overwatch and how they're carrying that forward, with very-little-to-zero-audience-interaction, what's the difference?

Sure, there'd be a difference in the delivery and its feel, just like there's a difference between a live theatre performance and an episode of Friends, but the information -- the communication of those ideas, insights, and inferences (yay alliteration) by a human voice instead of words on a page -- is pretty invaluable. That's the real juicy stuff.

And certainly worth more than a dry blog post.... (not saying that's what you suggested or whatnot, just throwing it out there)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'm on the fence about this,

Course I agree whole heartily it needed to be cancelled. But I don't see why they need to delay it to early next year to host an online event, frankly they have more than enough resources to sort it out for the original date. On the flip side of that, as a few people have mentioned, I think I would rather forgo an online event in Jan / Feb and wait for the full event next Nov
    Different infrastructure and logistics involved. No stage shows and people working from mean they have to figure out how, if they do, to put the presentation together. What and how they shiw stuff will be different. So getting that all together, when it's been a well planned stage show for over a decade can pose challenges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    I mean, when most of the interesting stuff (imho) was the panels, like how WoW zones are designed, or what it's like to be a coder at Blizzard, or the art of Diablo sound design, or new insights gained over the past year of Overwatch and how they're carrying that forward, with very-little-to-zero-audience-interaction, what's the difference?

Sure, there'd be a difference in the delivery and its feel, just like there's a difference between a live theatre performance and an episode of Friends, but the information -- the communication of those ideas, insights, and inferences (yay alliteration) by a human voice instead of words on a page -- is pretty invaluable. That's the real juicy stuff.

And certainly worth more than a dry blog post.... (not saying that's what you suggested or whatnot, just throwing it out there)
    No, but just a video with some voice is literally a dry blog post in video form. I'm sure they will want some good production value for this thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I can understand not wanting to host the traditional expo due to health safety reasoning, but not being sure if they can/will do it online is just retarded imo.

I especially giggled at "new-ish territory".
    NOTED: studios and online streaming/hosting tournaments is new to the guys at Blizzard.

This just goes to show how much more they care about the money they get from this expo, rather than their actual name and what it stands for.
    Show how much you know about Blizzcon, they typically take a loss or break even on it. It's never been about the money. The ticket costs and the rest cover the location and costs to create the experience.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke, the dangers of COVID-19 have been drastically overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Shooting was just an example to illustrate that deaths are being needlessly marked as covid deaths.
    And I'm pointing out that they AREN'T. There was a small handful of deaths ruled as covid. Then people blew that up and claimed that way more deaths were wrongly attributed to covid. So please stop spreading that false mindset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    It's really not and language like this is why the USA has over 100k deaths now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    unfortunately not true. the closest is the Spanish flue that despite the name originated in america some where in Kansas and was exported around the world by the USA entering WW1. its kind of a sad tale, Americas entry in WW1 was needless as the war was mostly over with the German army's defeat at the Somme and Verdun but the virus they brought over would end up killing millions more people than died in the whole war on both sides.

the reason its called the spanish flu btw is because spain was neutral in the war and as such not under government censured reporting, thus was able to more freely report on the extent and growth of the pandemic, especially the deadly 2nd wave. 50,000,000 est deaths in total and 500 million people infected over 3 years. its a calamity often forgotten due to the strictness of reporting at that time but its impression was such that it joined the ranks of the black death in spawning a nursery rhyme

I had a little bird,
    Its name was Enza.
    I opened the window
    And in flew Enza!

the thing people just don't seem to be getting through there thick heads is virus's mutate, and they mutate more the more people they infect, the first wave of the Spanish flu like covid wasn't much more deadly than the flu, its second wave though... that was known as the blue death as people suffocated on there own body fluid. that's the reason why governments want to get covid under control and avoid large infection spikes.
    yes I know all about the story behind the name,but its still the official or globaly known term,and yeah it was over 100 years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    And I'm pointing out that they AREN'T. There was a small handful of deaths ruled as covid. Then people blew that up and claimed that way more deaths were wrongly attributed to covid. So please stop spreading that false mindset..
    Oh so you know 100% of every other death is accurate? Are you telling me if I go to google right now I won't find one other case of inaccurate counting? (hint: I already know it exists because I looked it up before )
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Oh so you know 100% of every other death is accurate? Are you telling me if I go to google right now I won't find one other case of inaccurate counting? (hint: I already know it exists because I looked it up before )
    I can also use google and find at least one article claiming vaccines cause autism but that doesn't make it true. As I said, the inaccurate counting is a mere fraction of the death toll. Saying it's anything more than that is 100% incorrect and is part of why states are opening up before they should.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I can also use google and find at least one article claiming vaccines cause autism but that doesn't make it true. As I said, the inaccurate counting is a mere fraction of the death toll. Saying it's anything more than that is 100% incorrect and is part of why states are opening up before they should.
    Welp, agree to disagree then
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

That's definitely a comment people make when they know they have absolutely no leg to stand on. Rambling about how the numbers for covid is wrong is an incredibly dangerous thing to do. And it's one of the leading reasons the USA now has over one hundred thousand deaths to the virus.

I know I'm gonna sound pretty selfish, but this virus not only messed with my senior year of high school (no prom, no graduation ceremony), but now it's messed with what should have been my first blizzcon in person

But good for blizz for not taking any chances by not holding blizzcon in november, cause there's most likely gonna be a second wave come september/october.

Run out of insults for the fans this time?

15+ Year Old Account
    If so, would u let a confirmed sick person sneeze/cough at you to prove that "its not that bad" ?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

There's no disagreement to be had. COVID is a serious threat, it's not worth hosting a dumb video game convention with it looming over, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Good, hopefully it's a permanent decision.

Blizzcon stopped being an announcement venue a looong time ago, and it's just a cash grab now to sucker a bunch of people out of 50 bucks for virtual passes. They used to simply not have Blizzcon at all if they didn't have anything to announce. Now? Well, remember when the biggest announcement of 2018's Blizzcon was Diablo: Immoral? I do. $199 for in-person tickets to that bullshit and 50 bucks a pop for the virtual pass, and they had nothing to announce.

2020 would've been the exact same. They got nothing to announce. We already know D4, OW2 are coming, and SL will already be out.
    1. what are you talking about it stopped being an announcement venue long ago?
    literrally last blizzcon we got overwatch 2, diablo 4, and the new wow expansion..

2. ok and? so what if people pay 50$ for a bunch of virtual goods

3. 2018 blizzcon'sbiggest thing was diablo immortal? what are you talking about. Heros of the storm first original charecter, and the massive heros remake. Wow classic release date, and the first patch for BFA, aswell as a new cinematic. Warcraft 3 remastered, ashe in overwatch, New hearthstone expansion (Rhastikan rumble, a bloody amazing expansion) Destiny 2 free, and lucio cereal. diablo immortal was not the "only thing"

4. "they should not have blizzcon if they have nothing to announce like they used to " uhh what? there was only ONE year there was no blizzcon, 2012, (And 2006, cause that woulda been only the second blizzcon, so..)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Well what would they talk about?

World of Warcraft - Shadowlands. Already announced in last blizzcon, doubt it will launch before that to talk about next patch.
    Diablo 4 - not ready
    Starcraft 2 - no news
    Warcraft 3 - no news
    Hearthstone - next expansion

Meh lineup.
    shadowlands first major patch, maybe also second, the expansion does not need to launch for them to talk about the first patch, legion was talking about its first, and second patch, and third before its launch.
    Diablo 4 release quater
    diablo 4 new class
    some diablo 4 stuff on the systems
    new starcraft 2 commander
    New hearthstone expansion
    new overwatch hero
    overwatch 2 release date
    new campaign viewing for overwatch 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idietblizzard View Post
    Just swap layers then fkn idiet blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Just go to another layer then fucking idiet blizzard remove layer now
    what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    It's clear who are the order followers and that their constitution has been rewritten to state 'We The People are addicted to CONTROL'

While this plandemic sucks, it has made the walking dead very very visible. And has allowed the real people who are willing to stand their ground and truly defend it to come forth and band together.

I'd challenge anyone of you who is concerned about health to tell me about your diet. Tell me what your fat % is. It's sad I have cases of people who are willing to die a slow of a heart attack because of being overweight, but think a cloth mask will save them from the flu.
    plandemic... you serious?
    also yes great video, im sure if he was still alive he would be preaching to his early deathbed like many others claiming the virus is fake.
    its sad how america is killing itself, but hey hopefully that means us canadians will get our dollar back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There's no disagreement to be had. COVID is a serious threat, it's not worth hosting a dumb video game convention with it looming over, end of.
    DOnt you know, its all fake, all made so we... stay home... and get paid to do nothing... and cost the government trillions...
    yeah that stupid goverment, we see through their falsehoods to pay us?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If so, would u let a confirmed sick person sneeze/cough at you to prove that "its not that bad" ?
    yes

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I'm fine with it. Haven't even purchased the virtual ticket since they removed mount reward. :P And there's no new expansion being announced, so nothing big is lost anyways. But I'm excited for the possible online event, assuming it's on twitch.
    How many blizzcons has there been?
    started in 2005, to 2020.
    skiped 2006 and 2012
    that means 14 blizzcons.

out of 14 blizzcons only 2 have given mounts. 2008 and 2018

so excuse me but "Since they removed the mount reward" what the fuck you talking about?

the mount rewards have been an extreme minority, not some sort of "every year thing"

- - - Updated - - -

yes

/10 char
    how much does your father have to beat you as a child, to get you so fucked up you think 353k people die in 3 months and go "this is fake, this is fucking fake, no proof"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

DOnt you know, its all fake, all made so we... stay home... and get paid to do nothing... and cost the government trillions...
    yeah that stupid goverment, we see through their falsehoods to pay us?
    Those danged governments, tricking us into staying home and faking economical crashes just to laugh behind the scenes as gaming conventions are being cancelled!!

It's a damned conspiracy, and it's now written out on the internet so it MUST be true!!

/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    How many blizzcons has there been?
    started in 2005, to 2020.
    skiped 2006 and 2012
    that means 14 blizzcons.

out of 14 blizzcons only 2 have given mounts. 2008 and 2018

so excuse me but "Since they removed the mount reward" what the fuck you talking about?

the mount rewards have been an extreme minority, not some sort of "every year thing"

- - - Updated - - -

how much does your father have to beat you as a child, to get you so fucked up you think 353k people die in 3 months and go "this is fake, this is fucking fake, no proof"
    I didnt say it was fake i said it was overstated and it is pretty obvious when people are getting shot and its being reported as a covid death (seattle). The CDC just walked back a 3.4% death rate to 0.26% meaning that the disease is about 7% as deadly as originally reported.

How many times did your filthy single mother drop you on your head for you to not be able to comprehend what im saying

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, after Diablo Immortal, Blitzchung, Warcraft Refunded I think last thing Blizzard PR needs is causing second wave of COVID in US. Although, I must say, it would be next logical step.
    Second wave? America is still riding the first wave hard and fast whilst other first world developed countries have it under control.

Highest death toll in the known world from Covid19.

On topic though - Blizzard clearly has nothing to show. Doing online reveals/shows is probable. Everyone else is doing it.