Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Please revive all expansions content

Please allow alts in chromie time to stay at level 50 and do the max level content of all the older content. You will be able to basically shut down all private servers and engage all communities together with your newest expansion even if they don’t play it.

Instead of blocking XP gains via NPC, block it via the quest that would take you to SL. Let us experience all raids in every expansion on alts please! Solo is OK!

10+ Year Old Account
    I -think- I understand what you are trying to get at. Would see pretty interesting.

However, I think at this point Blizzard's best bet would be to inject Timewalking with some steroids and allow max level players to "queue" for or form premade groups to do older expansion dungeons and raids at the intended level.

And make that available at any time instead of just waiting for Timewalking weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I -think- I understand what you are trying to get at. Would see pretty interesting.

However, I think at this point Blizzard's best bet would be to inject Timewalking with some steroids and allow max level players to "queue" for or form premade groups to do older expansion dungeons and raids at the intended level.

And make that available at any time instead of just waiting for Timewalking weeks.
    Problem is timewalking raids don’t have an automatic queue so nobody bothers with them. Big mistake imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromii View Post
    Please allow alts in chromie time to stay at level 50 and do the max level content of all the older content. You will be able to basically shut down all private servers and engage all communities together with your newest expansion even if they don’t play it.

Instead of blocking XP gains via NPC, block it via the quest that would take you to SL. Let us experience all raids in every expansion on alts please! Solo is OK!
    Level to max level, go back, solo all raids. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would not kill Classic servers. 80% of the uniqueness comes from the old spells, talents, models, sounds, etc. Retail is nothing like any expac before Legion regardless of the content level.

OP, you do realize there's a lot of differences between each expansion right...?

i.e. Talent trees, multiple iterations of talents/abilities, features removed, Class balances, etc. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying you can experience real raiding on pservers. lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

They should add a pre-Cataclysm version of vanilla leveling as an option to select from in Chromie Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will be able to basically shut down all private servers and engage all communities together with your newest expansion even if they don’t play it.
    If you think that, you don't understand what makes people want to play older versions of the game... It's not about that expansion's content being max level, it's also about that content actually being balanced for max level during that expansion (which it wouldn't be in Shadowlands, they aren't going to do a balance pass on every old dungeon and raid for lvl 50), it's also about these things I'm about to list, and I would argue far moreso than what content is available: class design, talents, spells, how they interact with eachother, PvP, etc.

This would absolutely have no effect on private servers whatsoever.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-28 at 04:25 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

People still play private servers in 2020? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    They should add a pre-Cataclysm version of vanilla leveling as an option to select from in Chromie Time.
    Best suggestion I've seen in a very long time in this website.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

couple of problems with that. first off, once you hit 50 I am pretty sure all the old raids from Vanilla to Legion are gonna scale down to the levels previously datamined 25 to 45. I would even wager that if you're say level 35 and you go into MC you will be able to solo it as it will be capped at 25.

secondly, you can switch off gaining xp already. why should they add another way of doing it when it is already so easy?

thirdly, you can experience the old raids. nothing is stopping you from doing them now even. you will just one shot everything lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I wonder if they will eventually do that but keep the current systems of retail. heirlooms, talent rows, transmog etc. I say this because if they were going to make it different from Classic that would be the logical step.

edit: thinking about it out loud actually made me realise that of course they would have to keep the current retail systems if they were transitioning it into SL

Lvl 60 in retail is a whole diff experience than 60 in classic. Same for each expansion

They’d have to use old talent trees, skills, and balancing from each individual expansion at that time. A near impossible task

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Best suggestion I've seen in a very long time in this website.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I wonder if they will eventually do that but keep the current systems of retail. heirlooms, talent rows, transmog etc. I say this because if they were going to make it different from Classic that would be the logical step.

edit: thinking about it out loud actually made me realise that of course they would have to keep the current retail systems if they were transitioning it into SL
    Yea, it would just be doing the quests as they were in the old land without flying, but with everything else modern. I mean they could do flying, but it would probably be too much work to add it back in. Unless they have some early draft of Cataclysm before they ruined everything or something like that.

It would also let us get some of those old recipes again!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Lvl 60 in retail is a whole diff experience than 60 in classic. Same for each expansion

They’d have to use old talent trees, skills, and balancing from each individual expansion at that time. A near impossible task
    that's the thing; they wouldn't. they would have the old Vanilla world and quests mixed in with the new talents and systems of current retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that's the thing; they wouldn't. they would have the old Vanilla world and quests mixed in with the new talents and systems of current retail.
    But why? That would just be a complicated mess, when they can release classic servers for each expansion and have a far more intuitive experience.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    But why? That would just be a complicated mess, when they can release classic servers for each expansion and have a far more intuitive experience.
    how would it be a mess? would literally be the same as Classic except modern systems, talent rows instead of trees and old quests/zones instead of post cata ones

how would this ''shut down private servers'',people dont play tbc or wotlk private servers JUST for some raids,they play it for the different systems,different ways classes work,the raids wont even feel the same as classes todat are far stronger than in the past,people have been doing classic raids for example in only 5-10 people wile locking at lvl 60

Agree with OP, it is something that i constantly think about. There is just so much work going on in the WoW universe so much work that has been done and it is shame that you cannot experience them first hand.

There are very few people that have played all expansions so far or even more all content patches while they were relevant. For example i once went to ICC or Firelands to solo the entire raid, just for the lolz, but because i don't care about transmogs i never went there again, but again you want to experience the fight not stomp over them.

Should not there be an option to do old content properly, at all times? Maybe, technically, it is something impossible and it will lead to massive game files or bugs, i don't know. But i think it i would be cool to be able to experience any fight or content that has been added in the game throughout its lifespan as it was intended when it was originally designed.

They cannot even do LEGION right (or if it is even possible).
    The second I got my all so awesome artifact weapon, the effect is deactivated, not only that, it is stated right on the weapon itself as if it is something you should know LOL (hey player, we want to let you know that this weapon used to be awesome when it is the prime expansion, now you need to know it is just another weapon, please put in back in the bank like junk when you reach BFA). And what is the point putting those stupid gem in it, I get probably better off more selling the gem for like a few dozen gold then the ilvl it provides!

All the progress tree within the artifact weapon is gone. What pass expansion experience? The core identity of LEGION is gone, you are just a traveler visiting that 4 zones helping out ppl nothing more.
    Last edited by gobio; 2020-05-28 at 06:22 AM.