Poll: Are you generally?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Much more should be done. A disposable mask that isn't disposed of (or at least maintained through "unorthodox" but nonetheless effective sanification methods if there's a shortage) is also dangerous. Think of someone who has the virus but no symptoms and keeps breathing in the same disposable mask over and over again for instance.
    Of course wearing them is the obvious answer, but it shouldn't be the only answer.
    The good news is that they are not the only answer, and are far from the first answer. Using proper hygiene, cleaning surfaces, maintaining distances, and not socializing in large groups are also high priorities.

"Wearing a mask makes it so hard to breath! I wore one once and almost passed out!! Plus the stores can't ask you what medical condition prevents you from wearing one!!!"

Actual argument I heard from someone irl. People wear your damn mask it's literally the least you can do to keep all the nice people giving you food and letting you checkout safe. Sorry it's annoying but suck it up.

This should not be a political divide. Wear a mask.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    "Wearing a mask makes it so hard to breath! I wore one once and almost passed out!! Plus the stores can't ask you what medical condition prevents you from wearing one!!!"

Actual argument I heard from someone irl.
    I do love that argument. Oh, don't like it when it's hard to breathe, eh? Imagine how much you're gonna like it when the only way you can do so is with a tube shoved down your throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have glasses. You can avoid the fogging issue if you properly fit your mask and / or prep your glasses. Its also easy to breathe in them if you're perfectly healthy. If you're not, you shouldnt be out anyways unless you're being an entitled brat.

People are just pansies and have never suffered actual hardship in their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pro-mask because I don't want to be stuck in my house for the rest of the year. I live very close to NYC, and my state is hit almost as bad. I don't leave my house since I can work remotely. I'm still living pretty well beyond missing human contact. But the very few times I do leave my house, I wear a mask since I care about not only myself, but the people around me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The good news is that they are not the only answer, and are far from the first answer. Using proper hygiene, cleaning surfaces, maintaining distances, and not socializing in large groups are also high priorities.
    Granted - or rather, it'd be granted assuming Cipolla was wrong, which he wasn't. Other than that though, if I'm forced into a situation that limits the ability to distance myself (i.e. a grocery store), I can at least see whether the customers and personnel are wearing PPE (and I can even see if the masks seem to fit properly, assuming they're N95s, those who can't use them don't bother to model them so the gaps are pretty easy to spot), whereas I'll never be able to tell whether one practices proper hygiene just by looking at him.
    Anecdote: a week ago or so I walked into a bakery and saw that of the employees had his mask lowered (not covering nose nor mouth) and was wearing no gloves. Other personnel didn't seem particularly caring either. So I GTFO'd and called a range buddy who happens to work in the NAS. The bakery was raided, heavily fined and temporarily closed three days later (and the closure could become permanent pending further investigation because they found all sorts of violations, even in regards to "normal" pre-pandemic regulations). The morale is that PPE, or even the lack thereof, can help because it's a visible element in a war against the invisible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

It really makes me angry that we can see mask usage based on political affiliation. Why are you this way, conservatives? Why the fuck can't you be normal? You don't have to want socialized healthcare or to tax the wealthy or whatever is in the liberal newsletter these days. The goal is just normality and basic responsibility toward the society you participate in. No matter how low we set the bar, conservatives have to show that they've mastered the limbo. Be fucking normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I have glasses. You can avoid the fogging issue if you properly fit your mask and / or prep your glasses. Its also easy to breathe in them if you're perfectly healthy. If you're not, you shouldnt be out anyways unless you're being an entitled brat.

People are just pansies and have never suffered actual hardship in their lives.
    Tell those fools about this wonderful product.

https://www.armorall.com/products/wi...-with-anti-fog
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

People against masks are those who don't care about second-hand smoking. It's about protecting others more than yourself. Cry "freedom" all you want, you never had the freedom to endanger others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Tell those fools about this wonderful product.

https://www.armorall.com/products/wi...-with-anti-fog
    Damn does that work? I have been stuck with vision impairment due to my glasses.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But, we know masks help... so wearing them is the obvious answer. No, that's not the only thing that should be done.
    Even if tiny or just psychologically, it’s just wearing a mask... wtf people...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I don't wear a mask unless there's an ordnance on place or the company has a posting. The reason is simple for me. My glasses keep fogging up and I can't see.
    I don’t wear glasses, but this seems reasonable:

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I have glasses. You can avoid the fogging issue if you properly fit your mask and / or prep your glasses.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wear a mask unless there's an ordnance on place or the company has a posting. The reason is simple for me. My glasses keep fogging up and I can't see.
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...ith-face-mask/

So how do I prevent my glasses from fogging when I wear a mask?

The good news is that this problem is not new, and doctors and surgeons have found several ways to prevent foggy glasses. We've consulted Dr. Jason Brinton, a leading St. Louis-based ophthalmologist and founder of Brinton Vision, on the best ways to keep your glasses clear.

1) Improve the fit of your mask. Many medical masks feature a bendable metal strip that allows the wearer to mold the mask to their nose and cheeks. But you don't need a surgical mask to achieve a good fit. If you're making a homemade mask, Dr. Brinton recommends sewing a pipe cleaner or twist tie into the top of your mask. That way, you'll be able to fit the mask to your face more effectively. You'll also want to adjust your mask's straps or ear loops. When the mask fits properly, most of your breath should go through it, not out the top or sides. (Here are step-by-step instructions for wearing a face mask properly.)
    2) Tape your mask. Dr. Brinton says most doctors use tape to prevent foggy glasses while they work. To DIY it, tape your mask across the bridge of your nose and across your cheeks. You can use most any type of tape, be it adhesive, medical, or athletic, just make sure you avoid duct tape. Test the tape on a different part of your body to ensure it doesn't irritate your skin.
    3) Pull your mask up. A simple way to decrease the amount of fog on your specs is to pull your mask higher on your face and use the weight of your glasses on top of the mask to block the flow of air. "Whether or not this works will depend on the shape and makeup of the glasses," says Dr. Brinton. He says this method is most effective with large, thick frames.
    4) Use a commercial anti-fog wipe or spray. "These can be very effective," says Dr. Brinton. "They can also be very expensive." Right now, a box of Foggies Anti-Fog Towelettes on Amazon costs $48 for a pack of 48. Keep in mind that anti-fog solutions may not work as well on glasses with certain coatings, such as anti-glare, anti-fingerprint, or anti-smudge, and so it's important to read the fine print on each product.
    Here. Stop being a baby and wear a damn mask so you don't put people around you at risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the fogging issue, but that can be fixed. There are products that you can put on your glasses, you can lower (or raise to where the glasses sit on your mask) your mask a bit, or even put a cloth near where the mask meets your glasses so that the cloth absorbs it before your glasses do.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I just realized that Boris from Life of Boris on my avatar, always wears a mask... regardless of covid. Suka blyat is safe...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    lol I just realized that Boris from Life of Boris on my avatar, always wears a mask... regardless of covid. Suka blyat is safe...
    Don't worry, my personal icon Moira Rose also knows her stuff:

Now I'm just going to...close this door until...you're...dead...
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't like I was under water past 2 feet it wouldn't be an issue.
    This is literally on the level of complaining that your seatbelt chafes.

Grow up.

If it wasn't like I was under water past 2 feet it wouldn't be an issue.
    How bad is your eye sight? I'm pretty nearsighted so I can take off my glasses and function fine. Or just wipe em off. You may as well be saying you don't want to wear pants cuz it makes your groin smelly. Better yet for stores at least use curbside pickup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Errr I literally can't fucking see. There's no way in hell I could drive without my glasses. Even worse at night without them. Everything is a colored blob

Not even in the same category.
    Unless your job happens to be a chauffeur or taxi driver, I'm not sure why you'd be needing to wear a mask while you drive.

And, okay then; if you are disabled to the point that you cannot wear a mask in public then I'm sorry, but don't go in public. You are putting other people at active risk.

Can't have it both ways hun. There's a plague on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work 2nd shift as a shut-in. I hardly go anywhere. But as far as makes go I've heard multiple things.
    Shocking. It's almost as if this is a novel virus that we're discovering new things about on a regular basis, and it is your duty as a citizen to stay abreast of said changes.

The current CDC and WHO recommendation is that you wear a mask when going out in public to help reduce the risk of asymptomatic transmission. If you are unable to wear a mask, don't go out in public.

Tarrent county doesn't have an ordinance so how am I putting people at risk when I already got my ass kicked by something like covid (waiting for antibody testing)
    Gee, I dunno. It's not as if we don't know if infection grants immunity while we do know asymptomatic transmission is a thing.

Wearing a mask is not about you. It's about protecting other people, which is why refusing to wear one in public makes one the epitome of a selfish cunt. Or "Karen" as per the modern term.

One hundred thousand people have died from this, and the number is increasing. Once again: grow up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it’s required in my area I will wear a mask without complaining but I won’t wear one till then.
    Due to a near fatal accident in my youth I have extreme paranoia when things are clinging to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who originally was against wearing masks. But than again the director is a ccp cocksucker.
    Another childish response.

Fun fact, I also wear glasses. I am nearsighted to the point I have difficulty making out detail past a few yards.

Funner fact, I also work in healthcare. And while I remote as much as possible, there are points at which I do need to physically go in to one of the clinics and have to wear mask and glasses for...*checks watch* Several hours at a time.

I'll say again: 100,000 people have died from this virus, many of which were entirely avoidable. What you are doing here is insisting that you know better, and are willing to risk other people's health and lives to prove that. It costs you nothing but inconvenience to wear a mask. Meanwhile, Sikh doctors and nurses are having to commit a grave sin in their faith by shaving their beards so they can wear PPE correctly to treat the people that are getting infected by people being negligent, like yourself.

You aren't being manly or brave, or making any sort of point. It's just being a baby.