Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You mean black instead of red, right?
    nope first time users turned black in wod like killrog for what ever reason. they turned red after two drinks in the past but green on the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go. High Elves. for BOTH Alliance and Horde.

Happy?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Was about to bring that up as well.

Seems it's only "a PrÖbLEm" when it's about more Human-like races... I'm with your assessment, skin color simply doesn't work the same way in WoW as in real life.

Same as with literally everything else, since it's a fantasy game.
    ya the whole thing is nonsensical in the context of wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    That one new Night Elf skin reminds me more of drows.

The darker skins for Blood Elves remind me of Dark Elves.
    True. Just wanted to point out that skin colour can change for elves. I don't like the high elf models anyways but I'm glad for the high elf fans. My fav elves will always be kaldorei
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    The dark skinned elves look like white people in black face. Cool about the eyes i guess. Never really cared about high elves my self.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Happy?
    I will be happy when you can clearly tell Blizzard's attitude has shifted from pesky, smug, stubborn and unwilling to give players what they ask for to attentive, open minded and willing to give the players what they actually ask for, what they actually ask for, what they ACTUALLY ASK FOR.

Right now, even Bethesda has a better attitude about giving players what they actually ask for. They might charge you for it, but at least they're open to it. Blizzard is a brick wall of communication and wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I will be happy when you can clearly tell Blizzard's attitude has shifted from pesky, smug, stubborn and unwilling to give players what they ask for to attentive, open minded and willing to give the players what they actually ask for, what they actually ask for, what they ACTUALLY ASK FOR.

Right now, even Bethesda has a better attitude about giving players what they actually ask for. They might charge you for it, but at least they're open to it. Blizzard is a brick wall of communication and wonder.
    They gave players what many were asking for here though, so what's the problem?

Wait, dark skinned elves? With white hair? Oh no... prepare for the numerous "Drizzt" clones...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The reason why wow only have half the subscribers it had in Wotlk, is because they started to listen to what people was asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    The reason why wow only have half the subscribers it had in Wotlk, is because they started to listen to what people was asking for.
    Yes because completely ignoring what your players want is such a good idea. That's why Azerite powers worked so well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Problem is you didn't read my post. Try again.

Problem is you didn't read my post. Try again.
    I read it and you seem to be complaining that Blizzard is pesky, smug (etc) and not giving players what they're asking for. You want them to instead give players what they're actually asking for.

So...they gave players what they asked for finally.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read it and you seem to be complaining that Blizzard is pesky, smug (etc) and not giving players what they're asking for. You want them to instead give players what they're actually asking for.

So...they gave players what they asked for finally.
    Here, I'll help you since your comprehension seems to be failing you, this is the crux of my post:
    "I will be happy when"
    "I will be happy when you can clearly tell Blizzard's attitude has shifted"
    That's it, that all you need to read from my post.

I haven't felt that Blizzard's attitude has shifted. This is literally a little tiny bone being thrown to weebs. How about fix the talents next? How about Wild Hammer? How about cosmetic glyphs? How about??? Two handed Frost was a good move, lets keep it going and continue.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    It has an effect on me every single time someone makes some shitty oceans or ghostbusters movie with an all female because just to be woke, it has an effect on me every time someone turns all favourite star wars characters into fucking jokes and adds shittily written succesors just to be woke, it affects me every time someone makes a fucking in an entirely half assed manner because they are more fucking focused on how woke they are than doing a good god damned fucking job.

I am sick and fucking tired of the hipster millenial/zoomer shits that are trying to prove that they aren't racist/facist/sexist or bigoted so hard and so often that all they actually fucking accomplish is doing the exact thing they are trying to prove they aren't doing.

Now maybe, maybe there is a tiny minority of people out there that wanted black elves, and hell thats cool. Make a new sub species of elf that is black, or offshoot of the nightelfs, and make them look like actual black people, no some crispy critter ass bullshit.

The new asian/african themed human skins are amazing, but woke-elf is tier 1 grade A half assed garbage.
    This post was such a mess I might suggest you go get therapy.

Minorities + women existing in media isn't pandering/wokebating/whatever else nonsense, nor is it inherently political. Elves already have inhuman features so there's no need to go out of the way to model them after real humans.

Its okay to not like something and leave it at that, don't have to screech about how your enjoyment is being persecuted. Act your age.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Here, I'll help you since your comprehension seems to be failing you, this is the crux of my post:
    "I will be happy when"
    "I will be happy when you can clearly tell Blizzard's attitude has shifted"
    That's it, that all you need to read from my post.

I haven't felt that Blizzard's attitude has shifted. This is literally a little tiny bone being thrown to weebs. How about fix the talents next? How about Wild Hammer? How about cosmetic glyphs? How about??? Two handed Frost was a good move, lets keep it going and continue.
    And I ask for less elfs and especially no blood elf warriors. When will they listen to me?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    And I ask for less elfs and especially no blood elf warriors. When will they listen to me?
    Because pruning is bad, if I had to bite on your bait. In the context of the past few years, pruning bad, stop removing random stuff, especially cosmetic glyphs!!! The elves are in the game for weebs, you need to start with Japan first on your crusade hahahaha.

Complaining about dark skin on Blood Elves is definitely irl racism and not based in lore or roleplaying. This is because dark-skinned Thalassian elves already exist in the lore:

Devi is a high elf mage from an alternate universe and the apparent apprentice of Krasus, the alias of the great red dragon Korialstrasz. She is a dark-skinned elf with raven-black hair and has both a curious and inquisitive air about her that some within the Kirin Tor's ranks deem impudent. However, Krasus appreciates her up-front nature.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Devi

Which I would assume is also why Blood Elf DHs were introduced with darker skin colors, too.

Reminds me of the Felblood Elves.
    Thought I was the only one that this came to mind. Glad to see someone else spotted it.

Also if you read the Twilight of the Aspect novels, black Thalassian elves exist, in one of the timelines, in Dalaran, Krasus' assistant is a black skinned high elf. No mistake in the description.

People obviously don't read the books, this is why they were stunned with Suramar and the Nightborne and some even to this day don't believe that is night elven stuff - even telling them the source outright. No doubt this lore nugget would be completely ignored by most in their anger against black skin.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Complaining about dark skin on Blood Elves is definitely irl racism and not based in lore or roleplaying. This is because dark-skinned Thalassian elves already exist in the lore:

Devi is a high elf mage from an alternate universe and the apparent apprentice of Krasus, the alias of the great red dragon Korialstrasz. She is a dark-skinned elf with raven-black hair and has both a curious and inquisitive air about her that some within the Kirin Tor's ranks deem impudent. However, Krasus appreciates her up-front nature.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Devi
    Ah someone else fouond it. However i believe ithe etnry is wrong, it's an alternate timeline, not universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Why the fuck are they so retarded?

It's already stupid that they gave void elves to the alliance and now they are caving in and giving them fair skin too? Then wtf makes them "void" elves?
    Their hair and racials.

High Elves are already in the Telogrus Rift in game. And have been for a while.