Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    LMAO. I'm not here to look up sources for your argument. Show me what you got. Let's see a shred of evidence. Dishonest my ass. Jesus Christ.
    You don’t need to ‘look them up’ you dingus. If you need a source there are callouts in the article where it lists the fucking sources. Are you new to the internet? High school student that haven’t read any articles yet?

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Are y'all ready upset about black skinned GAME characters? That is next level racism
    But but i've never SEEN black elves before so they can't exist /s

    Honestly its just sad....

  3. #483
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That is 100% false. Blood elves had green eyes because of the fel corruption of the Sunwell. Because they draw their power from it, it caused their eyes to change color. It's why after the Sunwell was purified, their eyes then turned gold.
    That's not true. Blood elves were only exposed to fel radiation from the Sunwell for a very short period of time after the fall of Tempest Keep, while Kael'thas was trying to summon Kil'jaeden. Blood elves have green eyes because of fel radiation from the crystals that were used to power the city. Rommath and some of the magisters replaced the power of the Sunwell with fel power to maintain the lifestyle the high elves were accustomed to after the Sunwell was corrupted by Arthas (with death magic) and destroyed by Kael'thas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You don’t need to ‘look them up’ you dingus. If you need a source there are callouts in the article where it lists the fucking sources. Are you new to the internet? High school student that haven’t read any articles yet?
    Mate, every one of those listings has a reference. That passage doesn't have one, and in fact, *gasp* it's gone! What a wonderful thing the wiki is.

  4. #484
    Finally Alliance getting something cool, I love these Void Elves changes. Still doesn't change the fact that Horde literally got it all (Blood elves, Vulperas while alliance got a refurbished ugly and crappy gnomes, nightbornes, better allied races, better transports within the game, goblin mounts, free motorbike, Teldrassil destroyed by horde, all the lore about orcs and horde, etc etc etc). So please stop crying horde players u've literally have been Bli$$ard's indulged mum babies for AGES -and still do- and this still doesn't balance things, and blood elves shoud have never existed on the first place. Alliance shall get Furbolgs as a playable race BTW since they fit in and always have been on the alliance side.
    Last edited by kokenhalliwell; 2020-05-28 at 07:26 PM.

  5. #485
    just curious why they went with human colors instead of the colors of their own race.

    because, the elf colors throughout their entire race; nightborne, high elf, night elf, blood elf, void elf, and other kinds of elves, are due to specific circumstances; adaptation, proximity, location, evolution, curses, withdrawal, de-evolution, affinity, etc.

    wouldn't the blood elf color revert and/or change to reflect the colors that exist within their race, and not to the colors of the human's race? just wondering

    I'm all for it I just don't get where the 'outside of the elf kingdom' 'extra colors' come from because these new colors don't seem to come from any of their elven or relatives.

    for instance when withered and nightfallen recover(ish), they don't turn green instead of back to their dusky purple. there is basically a color-flow chart of how elves change color due to which circumstance, lol. and I wouldn't have thought human colors would have a place in that chart, especially before their home-grown, tried and true range of purples.

    It's fine but I would have assumed they start turning purplish before turning human. I can only think it's because blood elves happened to appear human-ish in color coincidentally (warm, pale, peach colors, which btw, don't really look the same as human colors and are more fair, glowy elven shades rather than human skin), and blizzard decided since they already seem to appear similar to human's colors (in real life and in game) then give them the rest of the human colors.

    I am guessing the new color options were simply colors the blood elves could have been all along and are simply just now being added, and that's fine. shrug.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-28 at 07:30 PM.

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    I mean, I'm not against diversity, but Negoelfs? C'mon man. They don't exist.
    Stfu! They can exist, just like black and asian human can in WoW. Don't like it, then GTFO!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No one ever asked for black elves.... Ever.. Fucking christ when is this woke millenial shit gonna go away.
    When racist pricks like yourself go away first.

    People! If you don't like blacks in WoW, then go play something else. WoW stand for "World of Warcraft"! Not "World of White Trash"!
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Saberon, Night Fae Faun HORDE: Vrykul, Venthyr
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

  7. #487
    and "World of White Trash" isn't racist? Not trying to be rude just curious

  8. #488
    The amount of racism and attempts to justify it in the last 2 pages alone is hilarious, let alone the previous 20,

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The amount of racism and attempts to justify it in the last 2 pages alone is hilarious, let alone the previous 20,
    No kidding. It's ridiculous...WoW is just a game people lol

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Remember kids, if you want something in WoW, cry, cry and keep crying and blizz will eventually concede
    This isn't a concession, it's a compromise. A reasonable one at that.

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That is 100% false. Blood elves had green eyes because of the fel corruption of the Sunwell. Because they draw their power from it, it caused their eyes to change color. It's why after the Sunwell was purified, their eyes then turned gold.
    Sunwell wasn't corrupted by Fel. It was used to resurrect Kel'Thuzad into Lich. Sunwell was tainted by Death Magic, which made it unhealthy for living beings to use for sustenance. So it was destroyed.

    In the absence of Sunwell, Blood Elves used other sources of magic to feed their addiction. Fel Crystals turned out to be a... filling source, hence the corruption they soon gained from them.

    Kael'Thas'es Felblood Elves used Ahveena's essence to reignite Sunwell in order to summon Kil'Jaeden through it, and afterwards Sunwell was fully restored with the essence of Naaru.

  12. #492
    Well that escalated quickly... It feels like the same people telling alliance to stop whining about high elves and suck it up are whining on the other side now. Having absolutely no skin in this game (down with all elves really), it sounds like it's a done deal.

    All the people saying "you can't differentiate faction!", we already have that with pandaren, it's not game breaking.. In fact, aside from some sort of exclusivity complex it doesn't affect you at all.

    To the people complaining about dark skinned elves...go pound sand, it's about time they did that. Are people really trying to use lore as any sort of excuse for why things shouldn't exist? Lol there's so much **** in this game that makes zero lore sense, give me a break. They're making new **** up as we speak, that's how you get new lore! *gasp*

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post
    Well that escalated quickly... It feels like the same people telling alliance to stop whining about high elves and suck it up are whining on the other side now. Having absolutely no skin in this game (down with all elves really), it sounds like it's a done deal.

    All the people saying "you can't differentiate faction!", we already have that with pandaren, it's not game breaking.. In fact, aside from some sort of exclusivity complex it doesn't affect you at all.

    To the people complaining about dark skinned elves...go pound sand, it's about time they did that. Are people really trying to use lore as any sort of excuse for why things shouldn't exist? Lol there's so much **** in this game that makes zero lore sense, give me a break. They're making new **** up as we speak, that's how you get new lore! *gasp*
    people aren't complaining (maybe one or two are) about the color. there's nothing wrong with wondering if there are any specific game/world reasons in lore that explain the appearance of a race, and is infact encouraged to do as we're conditioned to seek answers to our curiosities within lore. part of the issue is, this is kind of unprecedented where blizzard hasn't really released a slew of varying new colors for a race before, and people will naturally seek the color's inclusion either within lore - whether is't an in-game justification of a color or simply a company inserting a color regardless of lore.

    if a new or current elf race was green you'd want to know what made them green because in this game, color of elf is determined by circumstances. so I think people just want to know if the new additional colors mean anything lore-wise or if they are simply colors elves could have always been and are simply just now being added to the game. There's nothing wrong, in a game where there's lots of great lore to delve into and explain stuff, to wonder if these new colors mean anything other than legitimate options for a race. all races are getting new colors but they are not all as drastic / real life inspired. night elves are getting more shades, tauren, etc. people aren't complaining about them because they aren't directly our real life earth colors. I for one am the only one complaining about night elves getting the nightborne skin color because other than being related I don't see how they can have that dusky purple/dark twilight color because they did not live under the dome for 10,000 years. lol.

    I'm glad each faction has blood elves now because it shows that races can swap sides/be exiled/defect, etc, proving the game and it's world are always evolving naturally. And for instance, the greyish void elves are their color because of that ritual, so to say their color is meaningless and only a customization option is a horrid thing to say when the game has revealed that their color is a direct result, in lore, from a specific event.

    you slash at people 'trying to use lore as any sort of excuse for why things shouldn't exist' which is equal to the people you're slashing out at because while they are trying to find reasons explaining a color which is pretty innocent and expected in our game/world, you are reducing color down to 'there's no real reason needed for a race's color whatsoever', which is pretty cruel to tell people who like lore and are conditioned to explore the lore for curiosities/answers.

    It's true it doesn't really matter and it is a game but people enjoy this world blizzard created. The starship enterprise doesn't lob ferrets and if it suddenly did, trekkies might like to look to lore (not the android) to find out why. If you provide no context for how or why a color exists, you dismiss part of what makes the people of that particular color special, like it doesn't matter, which is just as bad.

    nightborne have lived under a dome of eternal night and appear much darker that most elves and because of their society's circumstances, they appear a very specific certain way, so it's important to their history, culture, and to the lore. to dismiss these specifics altogether is just as harmful.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-28 at 09:36 PM.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    It has an effect on me every single time someone makes some shitty oceans or ghostbusters movie with an all female because just to be woke, it has an effect on me every time someone turns all favourite star wars characters into fucking jokes and adds shittily written succesors just to be woke, it affects me every time someone makes a fucking in an entirely half assed manner because they are more fucking focused on how woke they are than doing a good god damned fucking job.

    I am sick and fucking tired of the hipster millenial/zoomer shits that are trying to prove that they aren't racist/facist/sexist or bigoted so hard and so often that all they actually fucking accomplish is doing the exact thing they are trying to prove they aren't doing.

    Now maybe, maybe there is a tiny minority of people out there that wanted black elves, and hell thats cool. Make a new sub species of elf that is black, or offshoot of the nightelfs, and make them look like actual black people, no some crispy critter ass bullshit.

    The new asian/african themed human skins are amazing, but woke-elf is tier 1 grade A half assed garbage.
    Gawd, get a damn life moron! It's just dark skin options for elves. If you're that triggered over something that small, then GET OUT! Blizz will only add more options like this down the line. They already adding dark/black/asian skins for every other human-skin like races like Gnomes and Dwarfs. Soon the Alliance will be black and proud! Black elves, asian dwarfs, I say ALL ARE WELCOME to the Alliance! There's no room for toxic bigots!

    And if you still fell like that, go play Classic WoW and STFU!
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Saberon, Night Fae Faun HORDE: Vrykul, Venthyr
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The amount of racism and attempts to justify it in the last 2 pages alone is hilarious, let alone the previous 20,
    The amount of reeeing and pearl clutching is pretty comical too.

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    That's not true. Blood elves were only exposed to fel radiation from the Sunwell for a very short period of time after the fall of Tempest Keep, while Kael'thas was trying to summon Kil'jaeden. Blood elves have green eyes because of fel radiation from the crystals that were used to power the city. Rommath and some of the magisters replaced the power of the Sunwell with fel power to maintain the lifestyle the high elves were accustomed to after the Sunwell was corrupted by Arthas (with death magic) and destroyed by Kael'thas.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Mate, every one of those listings has a reference. That passage doesn't have one, and in fact, *gasp* it's gone! What a wonderful thing the wiki is.
    You're right, I was mistaken. The green eye color didn't start until the reconstruction of Silvermoon. My bad.

  17. #497
    So the High Elves finally getting their blue eyes back feels good

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The amount of racism and attempts to justify it in the last 2 pages alone is hilarious, let alone the previous 20,
    I think you might be seeing racism and attempts to justify it where there's neither. if the elves were green instead of human colors, you'd want to know why. maybe you personally wouldn't care, but blizzard would give a reason for green elves.

    people here aren't so much angry as they're wondering if the new colors have always been a normal blood elf skin color that are just now being implement, which is great, or if there might be lore reasons for them since most elves appear as they do because of the their unique history, culture's circumstances, and lore.

    I don't think anyone who plays wow is racist, but there are people on these forums blaming others for being racist and for attempting to justify it - which isn't helpful therefore it's hurtful.

  19. #499
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,467
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I don't think anyone who plays wow is racist
    LMFAO

    You'd be wrong. WoW players are people same as any other, and guess what, where there's people, there's bound to be some bigots.
    Just go visit WoWhead and see the amount of removed posts over this crap, with all kinds of abbreviations of the N-word being used by some.

    From the 3rd page of the post, not even quoting the one calling out "Negoelves" as "not existing"...

    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Looks so bad and ugly. The color of skin in wow matters.

    Cant wait for asian and african humans, in a universe where planet earth doesn't exist. Its just so dumb
    Doesn't have a problem with ALL the other races/skin tones based on people and cultures from Planet Earth, but Asian and African? Can't abide. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-28 at 10:42 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    If it ain't Makaronpudding, I ain't interested!

  20. #500
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    LMFAO

    You'd be wrong. WoW players are people same as any other, and guess what, where there's people, there's bound to be some bigots.
    Just go visit WoWhead and see the amount of removed posts over this crap, with all kinds of abbreviations of the N-word being used by some.
    It's probably unrealistic to think there are none at all but I do tend to idealize everyone and hope for the best and when I can muster it, take action.

    Regardless, the poster I was responding to said the racists and their attempts to justify themselves were comical, which I find a sad thing to find humorous and not really contributing to the betterment of the situation, nor a genuinely kind or helpful statement as it fans the flames needlessly, even if it is just an opinion, it made me sad.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-28 at 10:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •