Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So it's safe to assume that the dev team no longer cares about lore restrictions when it comes to customization, which is fine I suppose. The lore should have accounted for full range customization a long time ago but eh it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No one ever asked for black elves.... Ever.. Fucking christ when is this woke millenial shit gonna go away.
    you're a clown

Next year's April's Fools patch notes: "We gave you Ashbringer, we gave you high elves... what more do you want? /cry"
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Father, is it over?
    I see... only elfness... before me...

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Are we going to see asian humans or elves?

asian humans already confirmed. last blizzcon.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Black and brownish elves look so weird. Wonder why are they bringing new skin colors now? Some social justice thing? Blizzard has been all about that lately.

And void elves look extra weird if their skin color is anything but what's currently available.
    The most likely reason is that they are adding new customization so they made some tones based off either fel elfs or as other people have said book characters with darker tones.

No one is going to care that wow now has black elfs/humans for any Social justice reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    The good news, my fantasy of becoming a wood elf was just made manifest.
    You come get the voodoo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its cool Love the look of the different skin tones.

But now, there is not really much of a different between them, especially if you take light skin tone for both v/b-elf.

I foresee a loss of racial identity within very long because of this.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I foresee a loss of racial identity within very long because of this.
    Oh you mean there is an integrity thing going on??? What?? You mean you don't unconditionally love and welcome blatant fanservice? Ahhhh. I see....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Oh you mean there is an integrity thing going on??? What?? You mean you don't unconditionally love and welcome blatant fanservice? Ahhhh. I see....
    If u were gonna' whine about racial integrity u should've done it during Legion when every race was homogenized into one class culture.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, my wine earlier in the thread was how there's like 12 different types of elves in the game and it was a good tasting wine. Good guess though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No one ever asked for black elves.... Ever.. Fucking christ when is this woke millenial shit gonna go away.
    It's funny how people's racism exhibits itself in these times.

Literally the same people losing their shit anytime a game adds more skin tones than their fragile white selves can handle .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

So Ion lied when he said blue eyes belfs were meant to be NPC options only.

Of course they can't give the Alliance something nice without making it all about the Horde first.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    So it's safe to assume that the dev team no longer cares about lore restrictions when it comes to customization, which is fine I suppose. The lore should have accounted for full range customization a long time ago but eh it is what it is.
    This does not interfere with the lore at all:

"A mage did it"

Fixed lore for you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    It's funny how people's racism exhibits itself in these times.

Literally the same people losing their shit anytime a game adds more skin tones than their fragile white selves can handle .
    It has nothing at all to do with Racism (at least for the majority of us), and pretty much everything to do with the fact that in WoW lore, black elves are not a thing. Period. If Dark Elves / Drow were a thing in the lore, nobody would have a problem with it. But they are not. The absolute closest thing you could possibly get to a Black/Brown elf in WoW lore would be a Half Elf child of a Black/Brown human and an Elf.

But yes, sure, lets cry racism. Personally I am waiting for my White African Americans to show up in the game, just so I can watch all the virtue signalling idiot's heads explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    It has nothing at all to do with Racism (at least for the majority of us), and pretty much everything to do with the fact that in WoW lore, black elves are not a thing. Period. If Dark Elves / Drow were a thing in the lore, nobody would have a problem with it. But they are not. The absolute closest thing you could possibly get to a Black/Brown elf in WoW lore would be a Half Elf child of a Black/Brown human and an Elf.

But yes, sure, lets cry racism. Personally I am waiting for my White African Americans to show up in the game, just so I can watch all the virtue signalling idiot's heads explode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

I mean you kind of came up with an explanation right there. It could be a half elf, or hell since proximity to magic is enough to change skin tones god knows what else could change them. Black and brown elves are the least of any lore concerns.

What is the point of void elves?

Or is this the first step into... ONE GOD DAMN FACTION ONLY...

Why not at least make both have different customization options, now they are the same thing.

Well, now that both races have the same skin color options, can we at least get those updated hairstyles that Void Elves have over to Blood Elves, just without all the void, tentacle shit?

I love how blatantly identical void elves are. You'd think blizzard would just admit they've lost their ability.