Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    It has nothing at all to do with Racism (at least for the majority of us), and pretty much everything to do with the fact that in WoW lore, black elves are not a thing. Period. If Dark Elves / Drow were a thing in the lore, nobody would have a problem with it. But they are not. The absolute closest thing you could possibly get to a Black/Brown elf in WoW lore would be a Half Elf child of a Black/Brown human and an Elf.

But yes, sure, lets cry racism. Personally I am waiting for my White African Americans to show up in the game, just so I can watch all the virtue signalling idiot's heads explode.
    Black elfs have been a thing since the sun well and there are references to dark elfs in books apparently. If you actually cares about the lore it wouldn’t have been hard to find this stuff.

This shit ruins immersion and the lore and really I fucking hate it so much. I can only imagine the horrors when they introduce real life racial features. This game is going to complete shit faster then you can say Blizcon2021

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    What is the point of void elves?

Or is this the first step into... ONE GOD DAMN FACTION ONLY...

Why not at least make both have different customization options, now they are the same thing.
    Void Elves are just basically Blood Elves anyway (if you’ve played the unlock), so it makes sense tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    This shit ruins immersion and the lore and really I fucking hate it so much. I can only imagine the horrors when they introduce real life racial features. This game is going to complete shit faster then you can say Blizcon2021
    Gonna assume you mean the black elf skin tones so the obvious question would be was your immersion or the lore ruined in tbc when they actually added black elfs or just now that there are none 2006 quality updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This does not interfere with the lore at all:

"A mage did it"

Fixed lore for you ^^
    That's extremely shallow lmao why would that be good

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this actually bothers me. The guys running the show now have no appreciation for the established lore and history. There have NEVER been these color elves. Ever. It’s ridiculous. If they wanted to make them they should have just introduced some type of allied race that was a Dark Elf from another locked away area or something. Don’t just shoe horn this bullshit and say oh well that’s how the elves always were.

I’m even annoyed with the blue eyes. Like come on. I’m all for more customization but there’s so much more you can do. This has absolutely nothing to do with racism either. Like for human characters it makes sense to add the new skin colors and adjust them. But for elves it doesn’t. It just doesn’t.

Seriously why not add pink orcs now? Let’s get some purple fur Tauren up in here now too. Just throw it all out the window.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Black elfs have been a thing since the sun well and there are references to dark elfs in books apparently. If you actually cares about the lore it wouldn’t have been hard to find this stuff.
    I’m going to need some sources for what you’re claiming then homie. Especially since you’re so bold to claim it’s easy to find. You must have a shit load of sources of dark black elves running around.
    Last edited by Beet; 2020-05-28 at 04:37 AM.

I feel like i'm watching Oprah saying:

"You get and Elf! You get an Elf! Everybody gets an Elf!!"

Black elves are surprising but it's good that everyone will have options now and not be forced into a faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I’m going to need some sources for what you’re claiming then homie. Especially since you’re so bold to claim it’s easy to find. You must have a shit load of sources of dark black elves running around.
    You can go to the sun well right now and see them from your self but here’s also an out of game reference to one.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Devi

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves in Shadowlands
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1111506-new-customization-options-for-blood-elves-and-void-elves/;https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/537825/1"]In an upcoming Shadowlands Alpha build, Blood Elves and Void Elves will be receiving some new customization options that some of you may be interested in. We wanted to give you an early look at a few of these new options available to the two races, with the first being several shades of blue eyes to choose from.
    It's time to rename "Horde" to "Blood elves and friends" and Alliance to "Void elves and friends". Because after Shadowlands the majority of players will be blood / void elves in both faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Calm down, their posts can't hurt you.

- - - Updated - - -

Which I would assume is also why Blood Elf DHs were introduced with darker skin colors, too.

Reminds me of the Felblood Elves.
    Incredibly ugly attitude to take. A stance like yours is part of the problem. I hope you aren’t such a fool in real life, too.

Also, can someone explain to me why people on the internet default to “calm down” and instantly assume anger from any post they don’t like? I’d venture a guess as to why this weak ass defense is used, but that would make me just as bad as these morons.
    Last edited by Redlikemyrage; 2020-05-28 at 05:06 AM.

So elves are basically pandas now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    It has nothing at all to do with Racism (at least for the majority of us), and pretty much everything to do with the fact that in WoW lore, black elves are not a thing. Period. If Dark Elves / Drow were a thing in the lore, nobody would have a problem with it. But they are not. The absolute closest thing you could possibly get to a Black/Brown elf in WoW lore would be a Half Elf child of a Black/Brown human and an Elf.

But yes, sure, lets cry racism. Personally I am waiting for my White African Americans to show up in the game, just so I can watch all the virtue signalling idiot's heads explode.
    Easiest way to disregard someone and pretty much anything they have to say is when they use words like "virtue signaling" unironically. People aren't fooling anyone that it is only ever used when someone does or says anything that doesn't kowtow to their stinted world view.

Normal and well-adjusted individuals aren't triggered when they add more skin tones or (insert feature here) for people who might enjoy them. I don't play nor will I ever make a Vulpera, but unlike you I'm actually happy for those who might find enjoyment in them.

Whether it applies to your or not, there is a consistent pattern of gamers who have a problem with non-white skin tones, homosexuality, or even female leads featured in a game. The whole "it's not part of lore" argument is so cliche when if you weren't being disingenuous there are FAR worse offenders in WoW. Similar criticisms have been levied at Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and more recently Avengers for having a brown female superhero featured in it.

I'd advise you to start by feeling happy for things others might enjoy rather than stuff you might personally find displeasing as a gut reaction.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Which I would assume is also why Blood Elf DHs were introduced with darker skin colors, too.

Reminds me of the Felblood Elves.
    I'd say it's more so to depict necrotic flesh or frost-bitten skin.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The dark skinned elves remind me of Anubis, anyone else see that...especially that female model.

So what's the point of them going so railing so damn hard against high elves again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Eeeeh, even then that's a Felblood Elf, their skin colour has nothing to do with naturally occuring pigmentation. If a player creates a black Blood Elf is it then a Felblood Elf? In their headcanon maybe, in actuality of course not.

I don't particularly care about all these new customization options, more choice is always great, but at the same time I do understand if some would like some sort of reason why a race that has looked one way for 15 years now suddenly looks another way, and I think they'd be fine with a "They've always looked like this" retcon along with some being changed to look different
    Blood elfs have never been the natural state of elf so drawing the line between changing there eyes And being darker seems pretty arbitrary. We know from TBC that the elfs have differing levels of fel Intake in blood elf society so if one of the side effects is turning darker then there is no reason to expect no darker elfs to exist that didn’t go full on fel elf. Legion only reinforces this with the demon hunter having darker tone Then normal blood elfs.

Well it makes sense? Alleria is fair skinned, if void elves can suppress their corruption why wouldnt they look like her? Great way to add them but maybe they can have a customization quest kinda like what they did with the night warrior. A quest for void elves to unlock the blue eyes and fair skin?

eh i would love to comment but i would instantly get infracted so .... ye ... glad TBC is coming back time to drop retail for good as this went to far.

I would like to see auric the high elf representative and the high elves pilgrim in silvermoon as one of the reasons for our new blue eyes in customization! after all in the queldelar quest he says that the children of silvermoon have to be united!

Quote Originally Posted by Malhummi View Post
    Holy shit, this if fucking ugly n1gg3rs and autistic-tolerant sons of a whore.
    Wom4ns - shit.
    N1gg3rs - shit.
    Etc
    lol prime example of racism and misogyny coming from individuals with poor intelligence or/and lack of education

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Can we get a perma ban on anyone complaining about skin color? It’s 2020 ffs, your racism shouldn’t be allowed or protected anywhere. People disgust me.
    You seem like a good proponent of freedom of expression, arent you ?

You should not inflate the concept of racism, by using it and branding anyone that uses that concept,

If i tell you that Asians are Yellow, is that a racist concept ?

Have you ever seen a black elf in Tolkien lore ? or have you been to Kenya and seen white africans ?

Well no, because civilisational representations can be associated with a type morphology (even in fiction) and some people feel like some ideology is being forced where it does not belong, it has nothing to do with racism.

You can see this in movies and games where "woke" ideology is being forced,

I always play female characters for example, but I get irritated when I get forced a female character with the underline game screaming at me "FEMALE POWER,WOMEN ARE OPRESSED", you have more a media where it is the story of woman that is a hero, rather then the hero that is a woman,

Admittingly, you can say "who does it bother" ? well it is bothersome to have ideology forced unto you simply put no matter what form it may take,