Orgrimmar sky vortex?

I was standing in Orgrimmar this morning when suddenly everything went hazy gray/purple and a vortex opened in the sky. It didn't last long, and only happened once. What was it? Is it part of the midsummer event?

It was you almost breaking out of the matrix, remain where you you are agents are on the way to assist.

maybe someone use a toy like the Void Totem, that changes the world for a few seconds

Probably the legendary staff from Cataclysm being completed by someone. There's a city event with that.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    maybe someone use a toy like the Void Totem, that changes the world for a few seconds
    What he said. Whatever you do, don't take the red pill!

Or is it the blue pill? It's been too long since I've seen it.

Hmm not the void totem, unless it has different effects. The vortex was similar to when you die.

It hasn't happened again so maybe I just need more coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by JD0107 View Post
    Hmm not the void totem, unless it has different effects. The vortex was similar to when you die.

It hasn't happened again so maybe I just need more coffee.
    Maybe you need less? Lol

Probably just a toy or something.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like void totem toy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's a toy. In particular I think Haunting Memento does that. If you throw it at someone, they'll get periodic "spooky" effects for a bit, and one of them involves the sky turning into a swirly purple void.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    It was you almost breaking out of the matrix, remain where you you are agents are on the way to assist.
    But did OP wake up in a pod?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What he said. Whatever you do, don't take the red pill!

Or is it the blue pill? It's been too long since I've seen it.

It's the Red pill. I watched it last week lol

Hmmm.... if it's not the Void Totem, maybe it's another Toy like the Haunted Trinket you get from the Darkmoon fair? I think it does some weird stuff with the sky once in a while
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

It's the Illuminati confirmed.

Seems like one of the procs from Haunted Memento that lasts a few seconds, did the vortex look similar like when inside Frostmourne on LK encounter?
    Void Totem shouldnt activate for other players unless they click it.