Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Destroying Tyrande's character arc by turning her into an edgelord with the night warrior gimmick. Why not just put her in a leather jacket and have her tool around on a motorcycle????

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The "they have no backstory" argument is and was always a moot point. A backstory is not necessary at all if it has no tie to the main story. What we knew of the void elves was enough to understand why exactly they would end up in Telogrus Rift and why they'd feel entitled to joining the Alliance.

They were never going to make playable High Elves anyway. It took them 3 YEARS to give void elves pink skin, something that should've been here since their introduction.
    Fair enough. But then again, more people are saying that like Umbric and his researchers should have never existed and let Alleria be a single anomaly instead with just a future plot point. It's too difficult for me to even justify their existence to the WC3 purists
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

"The light" being a power granted by wind chimes. It should have stayed as some divine entity we never get to meet. Big let-down, especially since one of those wind chimes got corrupted, proving they are, in-fact, fallible. I want my divinity to be infallible, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Fair enough. But then again, more people are saying that like Umbric and his researchers should have never existed and let Alleria be a single anomaly instead with just a future plot point. It's too difficult for me to even justify their existence to the WC3 purists
    On the contrary I find it very intriguing. With Umbric and his void elves, we can see how a new race is formed. For many years we heard of how the high elves came to be when Dath'remar and a few others were changed by their long voyage in the EK (so they became an anomaly), so actually seeing the process of an old race evolving into a new subrace is very interesting.

At this point trying to reason with WC3 purists is like trying to find arguments for a thread called "Sylvanas is secretly the hero".
    We each walk a line. Choose yours.

By the end of this thread? Everything and anything.

Cataclysm's Go'el. Maybe not even the concept itself, though the concept and its execution were already atrocious in their own right. But the main stupidity regarding him was Blizzard's insistence to shove him in every... single... goddamn plot thread of that god-forsaken expansion to satiate Metzen's lust for his own self-insert. 4.2 trailer about Ragnaros taking another swing at Hyjal, the most sacred place of the Night Elves and with importance to Druids? Shove Go'el in. 4.2 itself? Shove a questline about Go'el splitting into multiple Go'els that we have to reforge back into one Go'el. Then let's end it with Go'el's wedding to a character whose only purpose in the story has ever been saying "Go'el" 20 times per second and spawning more Go'els. A book about the Aspects, shenanigans with time and the rise of a new Aspect of Magic? More Go'el please. Dragon Soul and the short story leading up to it? Go'el, Go'el and then some more fucking Go'el.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The #1 stupidest thing in lore however is the fact that Azeroth is a "special" planet. It houses the greatest and most powerful Titan soul. This cheapens EVERYTHING we do in lore. Before that revelation, we were just some random heroes that were able to defeat incredible foes because our of will, determination and training. After that revelation, we are the special chosen that were born with a silver spoon. We can defeat incredible foes because we are backed by the greatest Titan and draw upon its power in various ways. Its much less compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    At this point trying to reason with WC3 purists is like trying to find arguments for a thread called "Sylvanas is secretly the hero".
    someone had to do it. I don't want another retarded Reforged fiasco where the purists literally and practically removed off the Reforged Campaign toggle just because they were uncomfortable of its existence even though the Classic Campaign wouldn't be affected

sounds familiar?
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

WoD and everything derived from the AU crap.

Kael'thas and Illidan treatment in TBC.

Blood Elves joining the Horde in TBC.

Basically TBC.

Warlords of Draenor
    My Rig: Snowblind Pro LCD Display case, I7 10700KF, 48 GB Corsair Dominator RGB PC3200 RAM,
    MSI RTX 2080 Super 8GB, ASRock z490 Motherboard, Custom RGB lighting, Corsair Liquid RGB 240mm CPU Cooling System

The logic behind void elves and how they even have enough members to be a group of any note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Everything after MoP..
    Hard to beat that...

Pandas. Still can't take them serious to this day. I get a sinking feeling going through the MoP zones because of how much work was put into them, and how little work and effort was put into virtually everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Knaak had a habit of creating characters and scenarios that Blizzard did their best to distance themselves from. Rhonin and his army of raptors. The Sunwell having not only survived, but been turned into a human woman. The whole of the novel Stormrage.

It's hard to beat Med'an, however.
    It's really something how a lot of his stuff has been quietly retconned, or dismissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The logic behind void elves and how they even have enough members to be a group of any note.
    Hopefully the expanded customization paves the way for more lore developments as "Hey, more elves are joining us!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Cataclysm's Go'el. Maybe not even the concept itself, though the concept and its execution were already atrocious in their own right. But the main stupidity regarding him was Blizzard's insistence to shove him in every... single... goddamn plot thread of that god-forsaken expansion to satiate Metzen's lust for his own self-insert. 4.2 trailer about Ragnaros taking another swing at Hyjal, the most sacred place of the Night Elves and with importance to Druids? Shove Go'el in. 4.2 itself? Shove a questline about Go'el splitting into multiple Go'els that we have to reforge back into one Go'el. Then let's end it with Go'el's wedding to a character whose only purpose in the story has ever been saying "Go'el" 20 times per second and spawning more Go'els. A book about the Aspects, shenanigans with time and the rise of a new Aspect of Magic? More Go'el please. Dragon Soul and the short story leading up to it? Go'el, Go'el and then some more fucking Go'el.
    *Metzan rips another line of coke off his custom Doomhammer and staring directly into the soul of an increasingly more worried female intern whispers* "I am the warchief."

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    Kael'thas and Illidan treatment in TBC.

Blood Elves joining the Horde in TBC.

Basically TBC.
    Yeah it skated by on nostalgia for a long time but people are increasingly realising TBC is down there with WoD for the worst lore of any expo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Pandas. Still can't take them serious to this day. I get a sinking feeling going through the MoP zones because of how much work was put into them, and how little work and effort was put into virtually everything else.
    Hottest and wrongest take I have ever seen. In a game with talking cows and lawn gnomes, Pandas are a step too far? Mists was peak WoW in terms of feature expansion (and personally, everything else) and from that expac onwards it's been concessions and retraction.

OT: For canon lore? Sylvannas' entire arc post Wrath. Non canon? Med'an

Ysera being killed off she was the best looking elf waifu lorewise
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The whole stuff about planets being titans, the existence of void lords, demons being immortal etc. Basically a lot of stuff since WoD that sort of happened in a chain
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    what is the stupidest thing to have ever happened in wow's lore
    The writers.