Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    warlords of draenor
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin was legitimately pondering Sylvanas' beauty in Before the Storm (with a stellar comparison from Golden) so maybe that's why.
    Pfffahahaa.

Oh dear..

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Something that makes sense in the context of the story is somehow wrong to you?
    No

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    But were there investigations into the Forsaken's affairs? Was Sylavanas held responsible for her incompetence?
    Sylvanas created the Royal Apothecary Society to invent the blight (at first as a tool to damage the scourge). Other Horde races thought that it worked on a cure for the undead, which the Wrathgate showed was a lie. So, not only did Sylvanas lie about her intentions, she also failed to control her underlings (the RAS regularly used Necromancy for it's experiments, which was deemed unethical or forbidden by all Horde races, even by the Forsaken). She was responsible for the creation and security of chemical weapons, which killed hundreds of Horde Soldiers, because she was too incompetent to oversee her most important institution.
    And she trusted a Dreadlord ffs.
    Also, was the RAS disbanded as a consequence? No. Was it put under outside control? No. Did it continue to produce the blight? Yes. Did first Thrall and later Garrosh explicitly forbid it? Yes. But did they take appropiate measures to ensure, that the production of blight stopped? No.

In the aftermath of the Battle for Undercity, everything was set back to before Wrathgate conditions, with a few added Kor'kron (which where only there to ensure no more Legion interference would occur), and the Forsaken were left to themselves. And now, in BfA and SL we see what this lack of supervision did.
    Pretty much all of this is wrong. The Horde knew the RAS was working on a weapon at least since early Wrath and were happy about the idea of a super weapon against the Scourge all throughout Dragonblight questing. And not only is there no mention of necromancy banned by any Horde race, the Forsaken themselves already practiced necromancy as early as Vanilla (the innkeeper from Brill is a raised Scarlet Crusade member for example). They simply lacked the means to do so en masse back then. And neither Thrall nor Garrosh forbade the production of the Blight as a whole. Garrosh forbade its usage. In Gilneas alone, because Garrosh wanted to use that campaign to wipe out the Forsaken. In Silverpine the Forsaken were allowed to use an accepted strain of the Blight just fine.

And the fact the strain was accepted quite heavily indicates oversight of RAS. So does, you know, what the Kor'kron said while in Undercity. Because there was a severe lack of mentions of Legion and multiple mentions of them suspecting the Forsaken, monitoring the RAS and acting with outright hostility to Forsaken players even asking for directions to Apothecarium or the Rogue poison vendor. And since there was oversight in that department, there was no need to ensure the production of Blight being stopped. It still was a useful weapon.

And your conclusion about BfA and SL makes no sense either way. Because, you know, Sylvanas became the Warchief in Legion, giving her free reign to do whatever she wanted to, no matter the attitude of previous Warchiefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

"Breaking the cycle!"

Followed by,

"Faction divide continues indefinitely."

That singular moment.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-05-29 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    and is their cruel system dismantled? they still plague everything they see. Let's not even forget they massacred the Kirin Tor in Ambermill who were literally just minding their own business, then after Southshore they literally hunted down escaping civilian refugees. Don't even get me started on the Sludge Fields
    By Cataclysm the people of Ambermill were neither Kirin Tor nor just minding their own business (they weren't just minding their own business even back in Vanilla when they were still members of the Kirin Tor, as they waltzed into Forsaken territory and started messing with the Ley Lines in the region). And the Sludge Fields fuck up was performed by a traitor who was punished accordingly. As for Blight, for the most part it's Forsaken's prerogative how they wage their wars. The Horde rarely ever interjected itself into such matters.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    No

10chars
    No what? No it's not wrong? No it doesn't make sense? It's hard to understand with a single word.
    No Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

It's fan base attempting to dissect it's characters by applying real world human behavior to fantasy characters.
    I'm a thread killer.

The WoD time travel BS. All just to recycle old lore and satisfy Metzen's Orc fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No what? No it's not wrong? No it doesn't make sense? It's hard to understand with a single word.
    No is my answer to the question you asked me. I do not have a problem with something that makes sense in the context of the story. I have a problem with something that is stupid, makes little sense and was done for reasons that have nothing to do with the story.

"We can't beat Deathwing, he's fated to win."
    "Hey, let's just go back in time 10,000 years, steal his soul, bring it to the present, blow a hole in his chest with it, and then go back in time and return it to the exact moment! No one will notice and nothing will be changed!"
    "Also, let's never use time travel to save the world again, even though we can!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And the Sludge Fields fuck up was performed by a traitor who was punished accordingly.
    I keep on forgetting that Ambermill crap, hopefully I won't again

He was punished for his nu-necromancy not his inhumane treatment (though I doubt they'd care anyway). I've yet to see any confirmation from Blizzard whether the missions regarding to Stillwater in Legion and BFA are canon, or the questline in Cataclysm is non-canon
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

There are so many things I want to say but truthfully I think the most damaging was the entire story of BC, particularly Kael'thas. What a way to take a story that was going somewhere good and turn it in the most boring and senseless direction possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It's fan base attempting to dissect it's characters by applying real world human behavior to fantasy characters.
    Be careful, you're making too much sense. The Baine/Saurfang hateclub might come after you.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    No is my answer to the question you asked me. I do not have a problem with something that makes sense in the context of the story. I have a problem with something that is stupid, makes little sense and was done for reasons that have nothing to do with the story.
    How does it not make sense? When the Lich King first raised DKs in Wrath, there were barely any Pandaren out in the world. That's why you can see a rare one back in WoD. Now the current Lich King is doing the same thing as the previous one but this time there have been wars in which Pandaren took place in and died. The Fourth War, BfA, is also the reason why Allied Races can become DKs. There were plenty of corpses.
    Now I ask why doesn't this make sense to you or weren't related to the story?
    No Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

Retcons and pushing a certain agenda into our throaths even though its very odd in lore perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It's actually pretty impressive. As big as some of Knaak's dumber lore decisions have been, Blizz has been very elegant in completely ignoring them after they went over like a wet fart. Most of the characters who were around for the War of the Ancients trilogy show no recollection of or recognition of Rhonin and Friends, the Stormrage novel only occasionally gets mentioned, Wolfheart was acknowledged in broad strokes but details like Varian being Lo'Gosh's avatar went completely unmentioned going forward. Then Rhonin and Krasus got killed off, and Lucian hasn't been seen since his powers stopped being temporarily plot-relevant.

But even Rhonin at the height of Knaak's hubris doesn't hold a candle to Med'an in terms of sheer lore fuckery and stupid plotlines. It's a shame, because the renewed Council of Tirisfal could have had some cool themes going on as a multiracial coalition with the intent of acting as an early warning system and first line of defense against external threats, but between how badly fans reacted to Marty'Stu and the writing team's direction for the plot moving in favor of "Everyone's an idiot and the PC has to get everything done in spite of, not because of, their allies' eagerness to get themselves killed," it just wouldn't work anymore.
    He took a lot of the context for Cataclysm with him as well. We got a hulked-out Cho'gall dropped into World of Warcraft with none of the backstory because it's polluted by Med'an. It could have been a great opportunity to explore the nature of the Old Gods (and the status of C'Thun) in a way that wasn't the lore dump that is Chronicle.

At least the Old Gods still had a future in Warcraft, however. The Council of Tirisfal isn't likely to recover unless Space Medivh returns after his brief cameo in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    isnt the reason for no worgen and goblin monks, there being no pandaren to train them in gilneas and kezan (iirc gileans were kinda super racist before cataclysm and would probably never accept a pandaren into their society)?
    Yeah but the Worgen and Goblins have been in contact with the Pandaren for several years now. How can the Mag'har Orcs, coming not only very recently but from a different planet entirely, learn the ways of the Monk before them?
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)

Sylvanus character assasination

Med'an

Thrall going confused Marie sue. Actually, thrall over all is such a shit show.

Voljin becoming warchied only to die a patch later

Magni and his crystal form. Soooooo dumb

Seeing 20 little people take down a titan. Fucking stupid

Honestly this list could go on for days

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Yeah but the Worgen and Goblins have been in contact with the Pandaren for several years now. How can the Mag'har Orcs, coming not only very recently but from a different planet entirely, learn the ways of the Monk before them?
    their starting zones still havent been redone, so when you make a new worgen or goblin, ur stuck in cataclysm, just like arthas is still alive when you make a non allied race DK

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    their starting zones still havent been redone, so when you make a new worgen or goblin, ur stuck in cataclysm, just like arthas is still alive when you make a non allied race DK
    And weren't the zones revamped in Cata, including starting zones? By that logic, none of the races should be Monks
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)