Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The "they have no backstory" argument is and was always a moot point. A backstory is not necessary at all if it has no tie to the main story. What we knew of the void elves was enough to understand why exactly they would end up in Telogrus Rift and why they'd feel entitled to joining the Alliance.

They were never going to make playable High Elves anyway. It took them 3 YEARS to give void elves pink skin, something that should've been here since their introduction.
    Fair enough. But then again, more people are saying that like Umbric and his researchers should have never existed and let Alleria be a single anomaly instead with just a future plot point. It's too difficult for me to even justify their existence to the WC3 purists
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

"The light" being a power granted by wind chimes. It should have stayed as some divine entity we never get to meet. Big let-down, especially since one of those wind chimes got corrupted, proving they are, in-fact, fallible. I want my divinity to be infallible, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Fair enough. But then again, more people are saying that like Umbric and his researchers should have never existed and let Alleria be a single anomaly instead with just a future plot point. It's too difficult for me to even justify their existence to the WC3 purists
    On the contrary I find it very intriguing. With Umbric and his void elves, we can see how a new race is formed. For many years we heard of how the high elves came to be when Dath'remar and a few others were changed by their long voyage in the EK (so they became an anomaly), so actually seeing the process of an old race evolving into a new subrace is very interesting.

At this point trying to reason with WC3 purists is like trying to find arguments for a thread called "Sylvanas is secretly the hero".

Cataclysm's Go'el. Maybe not even the concept itself, though the concept and its execution were already atrocious in their own right. But the main stupidity regarding him was Blizzard's insistence to shove him in every... single... goddamn plot thread of that god-forsaken expansion to satiate Metzen's lust for his own self-insert. 4.2 trailer about Ragnaros taking another swing at Hyjal, the most sacred place of the Night Elves and with importance to Druids? Shove Go'el in. 4.2 itself? Shove a questline about Go'el splitting into multiple Go'els that we have to reforge back into one Go'el. Then let's end it with Go'el's wedding to a character whose only purpose in the story has ever been saying "Go'el" 20 times per second and spawning more Go'els. A book about the Aspects, shenanigans with time and the rise of a new Aspect of Magic? More Go'el please. Dragon Soul and the short story leading up to it? Go'el, Go'el and then some more fucking Go'el.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The #1 stupidest thing in lore however is the fact that Azeroth is a "special" planet. It houses the greatest and most powerful Titan soul. This cheapens EVERYTHING we do in lore. Before that revelation, we were just some random heroes that were able to defeat incredible foes because our of will, determination and training. After that revelation, we are the special chosen that were born with a silver spoon. We can defeat incredible foes because we are backed by the greatest Titan and draw upon its power in various ways. Its much less compelling.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    At this point trying to reason with WC3 purists is like trying to find arguments for a thread called "Sylvanas is secretly the hero".
    someone had to do it. I don't want another retarded Reforged fiasco where the purists literally and practically removed off the Reforged Campaign toggle just because they were uncomfortable of its existence even though the Classic Campaign wouldn't be affected

sounds familiar?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

WoD and everything derived from the AU crap.

Kael'thas and Illidan treatment in TBC.

Blood Elves joining the Horde in TBC.

Basically TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor

The logic behind void elves and how they even have enough members to be a group of any note.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Everything after MoP..
    Hard to beat that...

Pandas. Still can't take them serious to this day. I get a sinking feeling going through the MoP zones because of how much work was put into them, and how little work and effort was put into virtually everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Knaak had a habit of creating characters and scenarios that Blizzard did their best to distance themselves from. Rhonin and his army of raptors. The Sunwell having not only survived, but been turned into a human woman. The whole of the novel Stormrage.

It's hard to beat Med'an, however.
    It's really something how a lot of his stuff has been quietly retconned, or dismissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The logic behind void elves and how they even have enough members to be a group of any note.
    Hopefully the expanded customization paves the way for more lore developments as "Hey, more elves are joining us!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Cataclysm's Go'el. Maybe not even the concept itself, though the concept and its execution were already atrocious in their own right. But the main stupidity regarding him was Blizzard's insistence to shove him in every... single... goddamn plot thread of that god-forsaken expansion to satiate Metzen's lust for his own self-insert. 4.2 trailer about Ragnaros taking another swing at Hyjal, the most sacred place of the Night Elves and with importance to Druids? Shove Go'el in. 4.2 itself? Shove a questline about Go'el splitting into multiple Go'els that we have to reforge back into one Go'el. Then let's end it with Go'el's wedding to a character whose only purpose in the story has ever been saying "Go'el" 20 times per second and spawning more Go'els. A book about the Aspects, shenanigans with time and the rise of a new Aspect of Magic? More Go'el please. Dragon Soul and the short story leading up to it? Go'el, Go'el and then some more fucking Go'el.
    *Metzan rips another line of coke off his custom Doomhammer and staring directly into the soul of an increasingly more worried female intern whispers* "I am the warchief."

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    Kael'thas and Illidan treatment in TBC.

Blood Elves joining the Horde in TBC.

Basically TBC.
    Yeah it skated by on nostalgia for a long time but people are increasingly realising TBC is down there with WoD for the worst lore of any expo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Pandas. Still can't take them serious to this day. I get a sinking feeling going through the MoP zones because of how much work was put into them, and how little work and effort was put into virtually everything else.
    Hottest and wrongest take I have ever seen. In a game with talking cows and lawn gnomes, Pandas are a step too far? Mists was peak WoW in terms of feature expansion (and personally, everything else) and from that expac onwards it's been concessions and retraction.

OT: For canon lore? Sylvannas' entire arc post Wrath. Non canon? Med'an

7+ Year Old Account
    Ysera being killed off she was the best looking elf waifu lorewise
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The whole stuff about planets being titans, the existence of void lords, demons being immortal etc. Basically a lot of stuff since WoD that sort of happened in a chain
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    what is the stupidest thing to have ever happened in wow's lore
    The writers.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    imo its definitely the bronze dragonflight, guardians of the true timeline whose job it is to eliminate incorrect timelines and prevent alterations to the main timeline, deciding to help the horde recruit an army of alternate orcs from an alternate timeline that shouldn't exist so that they can help fight in a war between mortals that the bronze dragons have absolutely no interest or stake in. because uhhh well we might tell u later

this is literally the most retarded thing blizzard has ever written and everyone involved in it should be ashamed of themselves.
    Good one. I'm impressed!!!

Dumbest one I've seen in BFA at least, is a toss up between the Battle of Dazar'Alor, front to back, both sides of it were a shit show, from the start of the battle, all the way to the end, and the Alliance sending an entire fleet to pursue 3 Horde ships. From the look of it, the Horde fleet consisted of a cruiser and 2 destroyer sized vessels (I could be wrong, but even if I am, I'll assume it was the worst case scenario and say it was 3 cruisers). You do not send an entire fleet to intercept them. You send 2 battleships, preferably the Kul'Tiran vessels, which I know they had, 3 at the max, and either 1 cruiser and 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers or 3-4 destroyers, depending on how many battleships the attack fleet had. Or you do what I would have done, and sent submarines and roflcopters to disable their ships as they were leaving the sound, and then have Jaina uncloak 3 battleships with Azerite cannons to bear, sink the vessels, and return home, with the subs mining the route.

In Legion, the reason for the Nightborne to have went so willingly to the Horde, because the Alliance's least respected leaders, Tyrande had a bitch moment. I could see them turning away from the Alliance if Anduin Wrynn treated them that way, or the Prophet Velen, or shit, even Genn Greymane. That wasn't what happened, though. I'm hoping in Shadowlands, Tyrande finally fucking dies, so Shandris Feathermoon can lead the Night elves, and maybe bring a bit of unity to the Alliance where the Night Elves are concerned, but we'll have to see.

Warlords was a mess and it should have never happened. Since it did,though, Grommash not getting his head caved in by Yrel's warmace the instant Archimonde was destroyed was a real bitch of a thing to endure. I don't give a shit that he helped bring down Archimonde. He's still a war criminal, having attempted a genocide or mass subjugation against all the other denizen races on Draenor, and should have been struck down. And to be honest, I'm not buying Geya'rah's bullshit story about how the Draenei of AU Draenor are destroying the planet, either.

Mists of Pandaria was pretty solid. The idea of putting Garrosh on trial was absolutely stupid. So stupid, in fact, it wasn't even played through ingame.

Cataclysm.... parachuting onto the back of an enormous dragon?! Come the fuck on... Dragon Soul was a shit show. So was stripping away the aspect's powers. I would have ended that fight way differently. Deathwing would have been fought on the plains of Deepholm after killing Therazane, or grievously wounding her, anyway, and the last shot Thrall made with the Dragon Soul, the one that cracked the Dragon Soul in the first place, would have had dire consequences. It would have turned thrall into a pile of ash, the satchel he carried, and that necklace he wore. The sacrifice would have been Thrall, himself, not the aspects. Aggra would still be pregnant with the scion of Go'el, grandchild of Durotan, and the orc's story would be a heroes journey in the future, right alongside Moira's son, as the council of three hammers went under the banner of the 3 hammers, instead, as her son, I have no idea what his name is, honestly, ruled as justly as his grandfather Magni once did. AND, it should have been Moira's son, not Moira, that brought the Dark Iron Dwarves into the alliance. BIG missed opportunity there, Blizzard.

Wrath of the Lich King... what can I say? Well, the Argent Tournament was a dumb idea to build in Icecrown. It should have been built in Crystalsong Forest, but as I am told, with Dalaran being located there, it wasn't going to work out. As for the rest of the lore... well, when the Shadowmourne quest was conceived, there should have been 3 different legendaries available, a 2 handed mace, a 2 handed sword and a 2 handed axe. The 2 handed mace would have been constructed from the warmace Arthas carried as a paladin, with assistance from the Ashen Verdict, the 2 handed axe would have been constructed from Dranosh Saurfang's battle axe, recovered from the Deathbringer in Icecrown, and rebuilt for warriors, and the 2 handed sword would be fashioned into a weapon of near identical appearance to Frostmourne when it was finished, but had a darker tint to it, as a way to preserve the weapons of the era. The creation of Shadowmourne was without lore significance, in my opinion. Oh yeah, and Atiesh would have been farmable through Naxxramas. It would still yield a legendary from Classic, but who cares.

The Burning Crusade was pretty solid, as well. Not too many things we could have added to or changed from it. Certainly none that would put it in line with "dumbest lore thing ever done in WoW.

Classic was classic. Without it, no lore could be generated, so, it is the default.

But, Shadowlands is really shaping up to have all sorts of lore inconsistencies. For starters, Bolvar should have kicked Sylvanas' ass in several different dimensions along 12 different planes of existence. Additionally, removing the Helm of Domination should have been an impossible feat for her to do, because of what she is. And then there was the part with her tearing the helm apart and not getting obliterated in the process?? That just shows you all how bad Blizzard is at writing shit. I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but even Christie Golden isn't that great of a fantasy writer. No, you want a good writer who takes cues from historical warlords like Genghis Khan, Hannibal, or Napoleon. You want a writer that understands "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. That just scrapes the surface. While I admit it also be worse, like, if the people writing the World of Warcraft lore decided to get woke on us, only to have a huge percentage of the current players say "fuck this shit" and drop their subscriptions.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Med'an.

/thread
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..