Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The Horde is just nothing without blood elves. Not even a functioning community. Accept that and move on.
    They should change the name from the horde to the Blood Elves & the rest.

It has to be the Bronze Dragonflight part of the Mag'har scenario in particular. Though there are plenty of other candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    aliance not wiping out the horde after kicking their ass 4 times
    Alleria, Jaina and Genn not turning Sylvanas into a living pincushion when for all they knew, she was on a throne without any way to defend herself. Alleria, Jaina and Genn not turning Sylvanas into a living pincushion when she waltzed up to their King.

Did Blizzard really think this was a cool moment?

Whole WoD, especially retconning clans lore, which is much worse than it was. Maraad should only know original history (like Shattered Hand clan removing their left hand to show courage, not because they had to free themselves), not WoD lore (which apparently is now a cannon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Everything about Sylvanas post ICC.

This thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Borrowing the Dragon Soul from the past to kill Deathwing is definitely up there. WoW's time travel has always been ridiculous without the writers really considering the consequences of their own plotlines, but that moment really stood out as a shark-jumper for me.
    Dialogue suggested that the Dragon Soul was returned to the Well of Eternity where it was originally lost. Though it was damaged, it was still able to fulfill the role of the Demon Soul later in WC2
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    lol wut?

You do realize that the events of the wrathgate lead directly to the Battle for Undercity, in which the Horde was forced to mount a siege on the city to liberate it from the forces of a group of rebels while the Alliance decided to mount a punitive invasion to avenge bolvars death, right?

I mean, having to re-take your Capital from a force staging a coup-de-tat and then defend it from a group of Alliance who decided that Putress and co turning coat and betraying the Horde was a perfect excuse to "liberate" Lordaeron and reclaim it for the alliance seems like a decent amount of "repercussions" for the Forsaken to have to deal with.

Not to mention that from that point on the Undercity was effectively under military overwatch, considering there were Kor'kron Guards stationed all over the city (effectively replacing the normal Abomination Guards) to make sure the Forsaken were kept under a watchful eye to ensure the situation was never repeated.

Or are you trying to play the whole "I don't actually understand what happened so the Forsaken should be punished for it" angle?
    and is their cruel system dismantled? they still plague everything they see. Let's not even forget they massacred the Kirin Tor in Ambermill who were literally just minding their own business, then after Southshore they literally hunted down escaping civilian refugees. Don't even get me started on the Sludge Fields
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Panda DKs.
    Something that makes sense in the context of the story is somehow wrong to you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Alleria, Jaina and Genn not turning Sylvanas into a living pincushion when for all they knew, she was on a throne without any way to defend herself. Alleria, Jaina and Genn not turning Sylvanas into a living pincushion when she waltzed up to their King.

Did Blizzard really think this was a cool moment?
    it's really awkward as that might be the only time those characters bothered listening to Anduin's whims.

I assumed Anduin would have wanted to capture her alive and use her to force the horde to stand down rather than feel responsible for putting the next warchief on the throne or cause further issues due to the vacant position. They keep making Anduin this naive kid who keeps trying to hope for the best outcome with the worst people thugh.

Though, I'm not sure the pincushion plan would work if it was expected since they also gave Sylvanas the ability to render herself incorporeal among other banshee traits. Oh and Jaina's powers... lmao over using her in poor scenarios is getting to be trademark. you see how they keep making sure to remind us she CAN in fact teleport people? Every group situation she pops up in for BFA seems to have a line about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    some people just don't like the Pandas still. Even when we have provably worse races to pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it's really awkward as that might be the only time those characters bothered listening to Anduin's whims.

I assumed Anduin would have wanted to capture her alive and use her to force the horde to stand down rather than feel responsible for putting the next warchief on the throne or cause further issues due to the vacant position. They keep making Anduin this naive kid who keeps trying to hope for the best outcome with the worst people thugh.
    I recall seeing him say something along the lines of how there couldn't be any peace unless Sylvanas were dead. How rapidly he walked that back the moment he saw her, unarmed, in the Lordaeron throne room.

No matter which way Blizzard spins it, it's ridiculous that they let her sashay up to Anduin just so she could ree in his face.
    Though, I'm not sure the pincushion plan would work if it was expected since they also gave Sylvanas the ability to render herself incorporeal among other banshee traits.
    I'm sure at this point, Sylvanas had some of those Jailer abilities so it probably wouldn't have been that easy, but they didn't know that, of course.
    Oh and Jaina's powers... lmao over using her in poor scenarios is getting to be trademark. you see how they keep making sure to remind us she CAN in fact teleport people? Every group situation she pops up in for BFA seems to have a line about it.
    I try.. not to pay too much attention to Jaina, honestly.

I recall seeing him say something along the lines of how there couldn't be any peace unless Sylvanas were dead. How rapidly he walked that back the moment he saw her, unarmed, in the Lordaeron throne room.
    fact is, any character slightly imbued with magic is never truly unarmed. And Sylvanas is now the most manipulative, scheming, underhanded character in the roster. Seeing her waiting casually in a room is... well... should be unsettling at the very least (especially after walking face first into multiple traps already). So I can ALMOST forgive this moment.

I'm sure at this point, Sylvanas had some of those Jailer abilities so it probably wouldn't have been that easy, but they didn't know that, of course.
    Actually, the incorporeal state was part of her banshee bit. We don't know what her deal with Helya entailed or what was up with the Jailor. Banshee state has been part of her toolkit 'technically' since she was raised by arthas. She happens to also use her main body somehow. It's sort of like how they mashed her up in the HotS game with her banshee wave that doubles as a teleport letting her fly short distances and through surfaces. Of course I'm assuming THAT version of her character wasn't drawing from the yet to be revealed WoW lore concerning Jailor and Helya.

I am sure there is a lich king

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post

- Forsaken and Void Elf monks, but no Worgen and Goblin monks. The reasoning for the cata races not getting monks is because they can't achieve inner serenity. You're telling me corpses raised by necromancy and elves infused with the maddening essence of the void can though?
    isnt the reason for no worgen and goblin monks, there being no pandaren to train them in gilneas and kezan (iirc gileans were kinda super racist before cataclysm and would probably never accept a pandaren into their society)?

Oh I've got one that people are sleeping on.

Turning Doomhammer's ambush on Lothar into a 10,000x folded honoribu lightsaber dual to satisfy Metzan's orc boner and noble savage lust is frankly insulting.

Lothar is such an important character that's basically disappeared from the lore because he died before wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Knaak had a habit of creating characters and scenarios that Blizzard did their best to distance themselves from. Rhonin and his army of raptors. The Sunwell having not only survived, but been turned into a human woman. The whole of the novel Stormrage.

It's hard to beat Med'an, however.
    It's actually pretty impressive. As big as some of Knaak's dumber lore decisions have been, Blizz has been very elegant in completely ignoring them after they went over like a wet fart. Most of the characters who were around for the War of the Ancients trilogy show no recollection of or recognition of Rhonin and Friends, the Stormrage novel only occasionally gets mentioned, Wolfheart was acknowledged in broad strokes but details like Varian being Lo'Gosh's avatar went completely unmentioned going forward. Then Rhonin and Krasus got killed off, and Lucian hasn't been seen since his powers stopped being temporarily plot-relevant.

But even Rhonin at the height of Knaak's hubris doesn't hold a candle to Med'an in terms of sheer lore fuckery and stupid plotlines. It's a shame, because the renewed Council of Tirisfal could have had some cool themes going on as a multiracial coalition with the intent of acting as an early warning system and first line of defense against external threats, but between how badly fans reacted to Marty'Stu and the writing team's direction for the plot moving in favor of "Everyone's an idiot and the PC has to get everything done in spite of, not because of, their allies' eagerness to get themselves killed," it just wouldn't work anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Oh I've got one that people are sleeping on.

Turning Doomhammer's ambush on Lothar into a 10,000x folded honoribu lightsaber dual to satisfy Metzan's orc boner and noble savage lust is frankly insulting.

Lothar is such an important character that's basically disappeared from the lore because he died before wow.
    Kind of. It helps smooth out the orcs' plot arc, Doomhammer's in particular, to have him hold a sense of honor but still be a vicious, conniving bastard about it. Also, Lothar deserved better than getting chumped out in an ambush, at least his duel with Doomhammer let him go down swinging like a character of his pedigree deserved.

I'm not saying your take is wrong, because I can see where you're coming from and it's a totally valid perspective. I just don't think I agree on this specific instance.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Anduin was legitimately pondering Sylvanas' beauty in Before the Storm (with a stellar comparison from Golden) so maybe that's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

warlords of draenor
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin was legitimately pondering Sylvanas' beauty in Before the Storm (with a stellar comparison from Golden) so maybe that's why.
    Pfffahahaa.

Oh dear..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    But were there investigations into the Forsaken's affairs? Was Sylavanas held responsible for her incompetence?
    Sylvanas created the Royal Apothecary Society to invent the blight (at first as a tool to damage the scourge). Other Horde races thought that it worked on a cure for the undead, which the Wrathgate showed was a lie. So, not only did Sylvanas lie about her intentions, she also failed to control her underlings (the RAS regularly used Necromancy for it's experiments, which was deemed unethical or forbidden by all Horde races, even by the Forsaken). She was responsible for the creation and security of chemical weapons, which killed hundreds of Horde Soldiers, because she was too incompetent to oversee her most important institution.
    And she trusted a Dreadlord ffs.
    Also, was the RAS disbanded as a consequence? No. Was it put under outside control? No. Did it continue to produce the blight? Yes. Did first Thrall and later Garrosh explicitly forbid it? Yes. But did they take appropiate measures to ensure, that the production of blight stopped? No.

In the aftermath of the Battle for Undercity, everything was set back to before Wrathgate conditions, with a few added Kor'kron (which where only there to ensure no more Legion interference would occur), and the Forsaken were left to themselves. And now, in BfA and SL we see what this lack of supervision did.
    Pretty much all of this is wrong. The Horde knew the RAS was working on a weapon at least since early Wrath and were happy about the idea of a super weapon against the Scourge all throughout Dragonblight questing. And not only is there no mention of necromancy banned by any Horde race, the Forsaken themselves already practiced necromancy as early as Vanilla (the innkeeper from Brill is a raised Scarlet Crusade member for example). They simply lacked the means to do so en masse back then. And neither Thrall nor Garrosh forbade the production of the Blight as a whole. Garrosh forbade its usage. In Gilneas alone, because Garrosh wanted to use that campaign to wipe out the Forsaken. In Silverpine the Forsaken were allowed to use an accepted strain of the Blight just fine.

And the fact the strain was accepted quite heavily indicates oversight of RAS. So does, you know, what the Kor'kron said while in Undercity. Because there was a severe lack of mentions of Legion and multiple mentions of them suspecting the Forsaken, monitoring the RAS and acting with outright hostility to Forsaken players even asking for directions to Apothecarium or the Rogue poison vendor. And since there was oversight in that department, there was no need to ensure the production of Blight being stopped. It still was a useful weapon.

And your conclusion about BfA and SL makes no sense either way. Because, you know, Sylvanas became the Warchief in Legion, giving her free reign to do whatever she wanted to, no matter the attitude of previous Warchiefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.