Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    it has to go away because now its doubling down on absurd requirements for a lower content.
    Ah yes, I remember when raider.io was causing people to demand being able to link a 10 hero chive for a 10 normal pug or 25 hero gearscore reqs for 10 normal pugs.

    It's almost like it's not the tool's fault the wow community doesn't understand how content progression works...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People have legit reasons to leave. You cannot force people to stay. All youa re doing is trying to get people to conform to how you want to play. That is wrong.
    Let's be fair, even if you have a legit reason to leave and nobody would stop you - you still ruined the run by leaving.

    Nobody would deny you because of one ragequit out of a hundred runs, the metric becomes interesting when the ratio is significantly higher.

    Overall I agree such a metric would be good, but I don't see any way it'd be possible to track unless Blizzard specifically adds something to allow it.

  3. #23
    raider.io is CANCER.recount has done a lot of damage to this game, and now raider.io also, just like the 4 raid difficulties since it was much better normal and heroic mode, anyway, blizzard keeps doing things wrong..every time he does everything worse ... and people become more and more elitist ... to the point that nobody invites you to party if you do not have the HC curve or high score of raider.io.and...this is a game?I thought that a good game gave you fun, not frustration at not being able to make the content...I have never done a mithic +, because I do not use raider.io.it is not WOW.that is DIABLO3.(Greater rifts).
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-05-28 at 12:57 PM.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,055
    If ppl stopped pugging so much, the problem would solve itself.
    R I P old signature.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    That's the whole point.

    Your metric does jack-shit to actually tell you WHY they left a dungeon.
    It's not fair to label people as a "leaver" when they left a dungeon because the other 4 people couldn't do mechanics on the first boss and they wiped 4 times, ruining the key at the start. Or if someone has to do "irl" shit and goes afk for 10 mins ruining the key. Or you can probably think up a billion reasons yourself.

    So again, define what a rage-quit is.

    Because I doubt anyone would ever rage-quit a dungeon if it is going well.
    Mages doing below tank dps? Expect people to leave.
    The thing is, everyone who isn't a moron knows that shit like this happens. If someone had 1-5 early quits out of 100 runs, nobody would care because they could all be legit reasons (such as shitty group or legit RL reason) - it becomes interesting when that metric is at 15-20+ early quits out of 100 runs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If ppl stopped pugging so much, the problem would solve itself.
    If the game didn't so heavily incentivize pugging, people would stop pugging so much.

  6. #26
    Some one can get kicked.
    Pushers leave often after few wipes as there is no point in completing a key.
    You could end up being held hostage bus some asshole (I had a shaman who would stay at the entrance until we got to the last boss after he died to his own fault but blamed tank and kept talking shit. I just kicked him and disbanded the group, not giving such scum any loot)
    Someone might be abusive and you would get to choose to either take a "ranking" hit or being abused.
    Comment section would be a ground for blackmail/sabotage/abuse, especially for lower skilled players.
    Rio is good because it only cares about dungeon level and speed. This are not subjective. Being "bad" or when it is ok to leave is subjective.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    raider.io is CANCER.recount has done a lot of damage to this game, and now raider.io also, just like the 4 raid difficulties since it was much better normal and heroic mode, anyway, blizzard keeps doing things wrong..every time he does everything worse ... and people become more and more elitist ... to the point that nobody invites you to party if you do not have the HC curve or high score of raider.io.and...this is a game?I thought that a good game gave you fun, not frustration at not being able to make the content...
    You can still do the snail pace progression by finding a casual guild - if you want to pug you're going to have to either prove you're a valuable member or create your own run.

    Recount and Raider.io are both harmless in themselves, the damage has come from how stupid people use them.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They just need to include a statistic that lists how many times someone has ragequit a dungeon (being the first to leave before it’s over) and it would be perfect.
    What if you join an Atal +15 key as a dps and the other 2 dps both do 10k dps on Rezan? Are you allowed to leave or should you stay in a dungeon with 2 people doing almost zero dps?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    raider.io is CANCER.recount has done a lot of damage to this game, and now raider.io also, just like the 4 raid difficulties since it was much better normal and heroic mode, anyway, blizzard keeps doing things wrong..every time he does everything worse ... and people become more and more elitist ... to the point that nobody invites you to party if you do not have the HC curve or high score of raider.io.and...this is a game?I thought that a good game gave you fun, not frustration at not being able to make the content...I have never done a mithic +, because I do not use raider.io.it is not WOW.that is DIABLO3.(Greater rifts).
    1. You skipped complaining about gearscore/ilvl so that's going to knock the nostalgia whining down to a B+ for me (extra credit for complaining about content you admit to have never taken part in)

    2. Imagine complaining about recount in the year of the king this twentieth year of the twentieth-century anno domini. The souls of vanilla players now lost to us weep tears of grease streaked joy at your commitment good sir. Bravo!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    raider.io is CANCER.recount has done a lot of damage to this game, and now raider.io also, just like the 4 raid difficulties since it was much better normal and heroic mode, anyway, blizzard keeps doing things wrong..every time he does everything worse ... and people become more and more elitist ... to the point that nobody invites you to party if you do not have the HC curve or high score of raider.io.and...this is a game?I thought that a good game gave you fun, not frustration at not being able to make the content...I have never done a mithic +, because I do not use raider.io.it is not WOW.that is DIABLO3.(Greater rifts).
    Make your own group and find likeminded people instead of blaming "elitism". It is ok for a lot of people, it's not ok with a lot of people. Those groups should never try to mix.
    That's why pushers dont join "Chill m+ runs with the boys" and if they join, chances are they will either leave politely or in some cases might become some entitled shits.
    That's why chill boys should not join "Quick clear only multi-curved people" runs or "pushing m+" groups. When you state your intention in the group finder it's way easier to avoid the group of people you don't like, but when you don't or try to sneak in/invite some people who are marginally better at the game than you are then expectations are over the performance... And when people are expecting a stake and get some hot dog it get's rough.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If ppl stopped pugging so much, the problem would solve itself.
    Exactly. Raider.io exists because people play with complete strangers.

  12. #32
    R.io reminds me of "nosedive" from black mirror
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The thing is, everyone who isn't a moron knows that shit like this happens. If someone had 1-5 early quits out of 100 runs, nobody would care because they could all be legit reasons (such as shitty group or legit RL reason) - it becomes interesting when that metric is at 15-20+ early quits out of 100 runs.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If the game didn't so heavily incentivize pugging, people would stop pugging so much.
    No, it wouldn't be interesting.

    Outside of the extreme outliers (so 0 or 99/100) every other value would be worthless because you cannot determine the cause behind someone leaving a group.
    Once, I had to leave like 6-7 dungeon straight before/at the first boss because people were simply trash.
    Can't kite boss in SoB, wipes 3 times, I aint sticking around.

    It's sheer luck at that point.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They just need to include a statistic that lists how many times someone has ragequit a dungeon (being the first to leave before it’s over) and it would be perfect.
    That topic was already discussed plenty of times.

    Conclusion:
    No one cares. If you're good enough, you'll find other good group(or do it once again with friends).

    The only person who is really mad about rage-quitting is the one who was lucky enough to get invite(though he shouldn't in first place because he lacks experience and knowledge) and now has almost 0% chance of getting invite once again to dungeon where he would be carried.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    "If you don't carry my ass through this i'll leave a bad review on your profile".

    Can you guys only think 2 centimetres ahead?
    I totally agree and I still have no idea where people are coming up with these stupid solutions.
    I mean, okay, I understand - but just think about OTHER consequences. If you solutions is going to cause more harm than upgrades then just don't post it.
    If someone is trying to discuss about some solution, then he should seriously rethink it a few times, because it's ridiculous how much some other people idea can be bypassed and cause much more harm than it's possible right now with the current system.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-05-28 at 01:15 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    But i can demand whatever i want for my group.
    yes you can, but if your demands aren't in line with what the community sees as normal, your group won't fill up. and raider.io and similar systems definitively influence what is seen as normal. which has it's pros and cons.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    No, it wouldn't be interesting.

    Outside of the extreme outliers (so 0 or 99/100) every other value would be worthless because you cannot determine the cause behind someone leaving a group.
    Once, I had to leave like 6-7 dungeon straight before/at the first boss because people were simply trash.
    Can't kite boss in SoB, wipes 3 times, I aint sticking around.

    It's sheer luck at that point.
    Such a metric (if it were to be possible) would also have to ignore runs where excessive wipes happen, obviously. It would also have to note what level the quits happen at to actually be informative (leaving after wiping at +2 vs leaving after wiping once at +20 is a pretty huge difference). How long you stayed before leaving and at what point of the dungeon you were at at the time would be necessary as well. Two wipes before the first boss vs two wipes total is a huge difference too.

    The metric WOULD be interesting, but it'd have to be made cleverly to work at all.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This idea assumes that people are obligated to complete a dungeon no matter what.

    Rage quit =/= leaving because the group sucks or someone goes afk.
    If you get high enough numbers to be a concern, the problem is you most likely. Not that all your groups involved someone going afk... it's all about how many you leave within a timespan and if it's done after someone died once or twice.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That topic was already discussed plenty of times.

    Conclusion:
    No one cares. If you're good enough, you'll find other good group(or do it once again with friends).

    The only person who is really mad about rage-quitting is the one who was lucky enough to get invite(though he shouldn't in first place because he lacks experience and knowledge) and now has almost 0% chance of getting invite once again to dungeon where he would be carried.
    This is a good point, but while you're mostly right, it's still annoying to deal with having to start over because one dude couldn't handle wiping once halfway through the dungeon because of a stupid mistake.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This is a good point, but while you're mostly right, it's still annoying to deal with having to start over because one dude couldn't handle wiping once halfway through the dungeon because of a stupid mistake.
    Yes, I know. I even had a few leaver at the last boss of +15 dungeons.

    At the start of the season, with high level keys, I had 2(maybe 3), ocassions where we just simply said that this boss is mathematically impossible for us to do and decided to lower the key level/disband the group. Should any of us(or the first one how left) get lower r.io score because of that? I don't think so.

    I'm not salty enough to post threads about it. I just know that pugging = risk and I considered it before going to do dungeons. Half of my +15 dungeons which were done in time are with PUGs.

    And people shouldn't feel forced to finish the key with people they don't want to finish the dungeon.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes, I know. I even had a few leaver at the last boss of +15 dungeons.

    At the start of the season, with high level keys, I had 2(maybe 3), ocassions where we just simply said that this boss is mathematically impossible for us to do and decided to lower the key level/disband the group. Should any of us(or the first one how left) get lower r.io score because of that? I don't think so.

    I'm not salty enough to post threads about it. I just know that pugging = risk and I considered it before going to do dungeons. Half of my +15 dungeons which were done in time are with PUGs.

    And people shouldn't feel forced to finish the key with people they don't want to finish the dungeon.
    Fully agreed, and I don't at all think it should lower the score, nor do I think your scenario (spent significant time, group simply gave up) should even register as a ragequit - what registers should be abnormalities such as "3 chest pace, 1-2 bosses left, 1 wipe total, quit the group" and nothing else.

    The "leaver"-metric shouldn't affect the score at all, but just be a footnote on your profile, meaning even the worst offenders of ragequitting would still get groups, but might get denied for someone of equal score with a better ragequit metric.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •