Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Such a metric (if it were to be possible) would also have to ignore runs where excessive wipes happen, obviously. It would also have to note what level the quits happen at to actually be informative (leaving after wiping at +2 vs leaving after wiping once at +20 is a pretty huge difference). How long you stayed before leaving and at what point of the dungeon you were at at the time would be necessary as well. Two wipes before the first boss vs two wipes total is a huge difference too.

    The metric WOULD be interesting, but it'd have to be made cleverly to work at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    If you get high enough numbers to be a concern, the problem is you most likely. Not that all your groups involved someone going afk... it's all about how many you leave within a timespan and if it's done after someone died once or twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    To be fair, that's partially a function of so much DPS being divorced from ilvl, particularly in 8.3 with corruption doing obscene amounts of damage.
    40k single target is really the very bottom line a dps should do without any corruption at 460-70.

    And even that's generous.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    To be fair, that's partially a function of so much DPS being divorced from ilvl, particularly in 8.3 with corruption doing obscene amounts of damage.
    You're not wrong. I took a break half way through 8.2 because I saw what corruption was going to be(and hated it), and only recently came back because we were given the option to buy what we wanted.

    Even with corruption, it seems like so many players still just do not know their class or the dungeons well enough to do decent dmg. I really wish they would've brought back the trials for dps/tank/heals. That was a simple enough thing, that had some RNG so you couldn't clear the first time everytime, but you at least understood basic mechanics. I literally saw some 471 Fury warrior ask what quaking was, after it killed him 3 times while he stood on the tank. It's absurd.

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Your idea isn't a way either. It causes more harm than good. You really need to think about the potential for abuse. When you do, you will realize just how terrible your idea really is.
    There isn't a non abusable way that would help catch leavers. I personally don't care much, even though I did have a tank that left during last boss fight when we ran out of time. We however finished it with one DH going tank and 4manning it, so rip his intentions. The only way to protect yourself from this happening is have everyone in the party be clear about their intentions, or not pug much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Despite your 10year member banner, you dont seem to be on the internet for much.
    Whatever you say 7-year child o/.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Sorry, i missed your post. Since i'm exactly in this situation, i'm defo going to try that. I don't know if i have time to run ALL dungeons in a week (which kinda defeats the plan) but at least it's a checklist i can easily follow and try. I did already a couple of 8s last week, farmed back etc now i'm 450ilvl and this way i should be able to pull my weight.
    Raider.io counts max raitng for every dungeon, so the more different dungeons you run - the better overall rating will be.
    So if you ran for example +10 FH - you get 100 raitng. If you then complete the same dungeon for +12 - your rating will be refresned to 120, so your overall raitng will be 120.
    But if you do say +10 ToS instead +12 FH, you will keep your +10FH rating and also get 100 rating from running +10 ToS resulting in 200 rating total.
    So completion all dungeons +10 timed will net you ~1200 raitng, but completion one dungeon say for +18 will give you only 200 rating (and tihis is much harder than run all +10). Or if we lower the plank, completing all +7 will result in ~850 raitng. To beat this without completion all dungeons, you need to run 5 different +15 dungeons or 9 different +10 dungeons.
    Moreover, if you complete say 5 dufferent +10 and raise rating to 500, and do +12 that you already comlete to +10, you will raise rating only to 520 (adding difference between +10 and +12 completion). And if you run non-runned for +10 instead, you raitng will raise to 600.

    Moreover, if you run and fail, your rating will not go down, it always count max rating run for every dungeon.
    So you do not need to leave from failing run to keep your rating or do not fear to join the group that can fail (thats why I never ragequit )

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    more like: how to get people to make an account on raider.io when they want to play an alt 101.
    Every player who runs +m have raitng regardless of having rio addon or account

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah.
    I see morons post keys demanding raider IO checks for like an M5.
    It's a fucking 5. You can bring 4 drooling retards into a 5 and make the timer.
    I saw maybe 1 or 2 souch morons during entire xpac, so that's not a problem.
    Usually you get up to +9 even without rio, for a fresh char (ofc if you have some sort of decent ilvl).

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This is not the same argument anymore.

    Ofc, if you made a system that COULD account for every little detail and decide whether something is appropriate or not it would be a perfect system.
    But such a system is impossible to make.

    At this point you went from "simply leaving is not an accurate metric" to "let's have all the thousands of runs run thru an AI that calculates in real time 24/7 every time you even enter a dungeon".

    Not even Blizzard keeps such data around, all they record is your time at the end of a run. That's it.

    What you suggest is even more delusional than OP's initial suggestion.
    OP's suggestion could not be implemented either but it would need much less data to be collected.
    While it is complex in execution, the data required for it doesn't need to be complex. What's required is "time elapsed at time of leaving", "bosses killed at time of leaving", and "number of wipes". Beyond that is just about raider.io consolidating that into a metric.

    The problem with it, and OPs suggestion, is that Blizzard has to consciously give out such information with the hope that the playerbase won't abuse it, which isn't likely to happen.

  6. #86
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The thing is, everyone who isn't a moron knows that shit like this happens. If someone had 1-5 early quits out of 100 runs, nobody would care because they could all be legit reasons (such as shitty group or legit RL reason) - it becomes interesting when that metric is at 15-20+ early quits out of 100 runs.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If the game didn't so heavily incentivize pugging, people would stop pugging so much.
    Its an mmo make friends, no need to pug, but if ppl enjoy being toxic loners, then they are doomed to pug with fellow toxic loners.
    R I P old signature.

  7. #87
    1. go to r.io discord
    2. read server rules #12
    3. ???
    4. profit

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They just need to include a statistic that lists how many times someone has ragequit a dungeon (being the first to leave before it’s over) and it would be perfect.
    what about how many times someone has been carried to no end? or how many times they buy a run?

    if you think io is almost perfect... well, i suppose theres all kinds of people out there.

  9. #89
    I sign up to time a key and not torture myself for an hour. Go back to preschool and play legos.

  10. #90
    Of my last 10 PuG runs 4 of Them had a tank pull first group then leave group. One group had a DC, which meant the group cleared the Dungeons albeit not in time.

    I have no clue what that does for my Rio raiding and at this rate I doubt it matters..

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They just need to include a statistic that lists how many times someone has ragequit a dungeon (being the first to leave before it’s over) and it would be perfect.
    Ok so instead of just leaving a failed run and wasting more time i'll just afk and wait for someone else to leave first.

    Perfect!

    /eyeroll.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  12. #92
    The problem is that there is no way to distinquish between someone leaving because they are mad and someone leaving because the group decides to call it quits.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    it has to go away because now its doubling down on absurd requirements for a lower content.
    3k to do +15... those people need to seriously fuck off, more often than not they're there to be carried.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Learn the dungeons on 2
    That doesn't work. With the amount of gear most of us have, you don't actually learn anything by doing a 2 because the adds hit with nerf bats. +10 should be the learning level... would be nice if it wasn't timed so we could actually experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I don't really hate bfa, outside of the extreme rng and crap systems and garbage gameplay

  15. #95
    The valid counter argument to that is - some groups are unable to finish a dungeon and leaving those shouldn't be punished.

    Besides, would you prefer if someone actually remained in the group and kept doing random shit just to not be the first one to leave? And then cause the actual people who wanted to stay and continue to leave first and be penalized?

    It doesn't seem there's a good fix for this.

  16. #96
    My take on it is simple - if at some point I see this run goes to a complete shit dead end where I'd have to drag myself and others to the end for a better part of an hour - it's better to just leave and spare everyone the misery.

    Sometimes you really have people signing in for a run they have no business being in, so it's on them really if the guy who carries them ends up being fed up with this literal abuse.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    While it is complex in execution, the data required for it doesn't need to be complex. What's required is "time elapsed at time of leaving", "bosses killed at time of leaving", and "number of wipes". Beyond that is just about raider.io consolidating that into a metric.

    The problem with it, and OPs suggestion, is that Blizzard has to consciously give out such information with the hope that the playerbase won't abuse it, which isn't likely to happen.
    Firstly, no, it's not simple at all.

    Each dungeon is different and some dungeons even have multiple paths you can take to the first boss.
    How does your system determine a difference between Workshop and Motherlode?

    Better yet, what would be the appropriate time to leave in Motherlode? Some groups do the whole first part, some skip, some do half or some other combination of trash. So when is it okay to leave?

    What is considered a "wipe"? What if we run 3 rogues and they just vanish and not die during a "wipe"?

    You think it's so simple then why don't you make an algorythm that tracks all these things?
    It's not simple, in fact, it's unnecessary.
    You literally want to calculate human mistakes in real-time with a pseudo-AI system that needs to learn and adjust in-real time so you can display a "you're this bad" number next to someone's name?

    If you manage to pull off this incredible system then I suggest you turn it the other way: make it show a "I wiped my group this many times: X" next to shit players names.
    As I said, no-one will leave a group that goes well. So let us eliminate even more of the trash. It would yield much better results than counting "rage-quits".

  18. #98
    sure, it should also include player review and rating by other players.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The valid counter argument to that is - some groups are unable to finish a dungeon and leaving those shouldn't be punished.

    Besides, would you prefer if someone actually remained in the group and kept doing random shit just to not be the first one to leave? And then cause the actual people who wanted to stay and continue to leave first and be penalized?

    It doesn't seem there's a good fix for this.
    That's really all it would boil down to, people no longer giving a shit and either doing dumb stuff to purposefully wipe the group or afking/hearthstoning/whatever till everyone else leaves.

    As much as people want to do extreme vetting there's a limit and no-one should expect Blizzard to help out by providing "failure/leaver stats" because it's not in Blizzard's interests to do so.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    -snip-
    Thanks for the pointers. It's going to be holiday here next tuesday and i'll be off work on monday, so plenty of time to run some of them. Maybe i'll get around 700-800 for starters (better go step by step, don't have anyone pointing a gun at me).
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •