View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • You're an elitist.

    67 31.02%
  • It's a fair preference.

    149 68.98%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    As long as the requirements you set for a group match the level of content your doing, then I think that's fair. I'm not bringing a 8/12H to M N'zoth, nor would I bring a 800 RIO to a +20. But if you were doing something like a +15, I wouldn't be dead set on having a 3k IO, i think 1.5k is still appropriate.

    And people that use "elitist" in a negative light are just upset that they play sub-optimally and are shit at an easy loot pinata game.
    Or they are people who can recognize they are better than someone else but they don't choose to be a dick about it.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Nothing of what you just said relates to my post. If you had read the words for a purpose other than to find out a reason why you can save face and double down in this argument, you would realize that.

    This isn't related to this thread at all, I'm going to stop responding about race and sexual orientation in a thread about elitism in a video game.
    so you chose the route of hypocricy and selectiveness,and run away,gotcha,i mean i dont blame you...i would run away from a sexist and a homophobe like myself for not wanting to have sex with other men

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so you chose the route of hypocricy and selectiveness,and run away,gotcha,i mean i dont blame you...i would run away from a sexist and a homophobe like myself for not wanting to have sex with other men
    There is zero hypocrisy in my post. The definitions of the words will not change, thus my describing the words won't change. I am not running away; I am choosing to not derail the thread by educating someone on an unrelated topic.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There is zero hypocrisy in my post. The definitions of the words will not change, thus my describing the words won't change. I am not running away; I am choosing to not derail the thread by educating someone on an unrelated topic.
    But why are you not responding to what i said?am I and EVERYONE else a homophobe by default for not havign sex with the same gender?

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    But why are you not responding to what i said?am I and EVERYONE else a homophobe by default for not havign sex with the same gender?
    If you'd really like to continue this conversation, send me a DM. This thread is not the place for it.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    If you'd really like to continue this conversation, send me a DM. This thread is not the place for it.
    sure just pm me with a response to my last question,thats all i rly wanna know

  7. #307
    Sure it is elitist but fill your boots. Play with who you want to play with. Unless you are in Method or some shit no one cares what you do in game. Even if you are in Method or some shit then almost no one cares what you do in game.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ahaha, I love it!

    It's how I picture the pug requirements to be the first days of a raid launch. Because there are quite a lot of leaders that want you to have cleared it within 12 hours on day one or you won't get invited.
    Yeah, someone replied to this and said WoW players are in two groups and shouldn't intermingle. Those with AotC and those without. Because clearly those in the second group and unclean leeches, amirite?
    One of the most difficult things for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, someone replied to this and said WoW players are in two groups and shouldn't intermingle. Those with AotC and those without. Because clearly those in the second group and unclean leeches, amirite?
    Yup, pure class trash casuals! :P

    Like me...

    In my guild we have different kind of players. Some would never get curve if our raid were at their skill or invested level, aka casuals. But that is never an issue. Because WoW, no matter what people say, is a team game. And to play with my friends and guildies is whats important. And we do it together. And no one are leeching. We all contribute with shits and giggles!

    And with Pugs we have the same philosophy. More often than not we take lower geared players or lower ranked one to fill the group, because we know this topic we discuss here is a liability for a lot of people. People who do not get into groups because of all the things people require for them to have. Because as you ironically and deliberately point out about skills, there are a lot of players without a curve to this day, that are much more skilled than someone who got curve every raid. And when it comes to RiO its even worse.

    Group for Workshop 15:
    Player: Signing up
    Leader: Declined
    Player: Why did I get declined? I have done 20+ runs in Workshop and do it every week
    Leader: Your score is only 1500
    Player: Because I only do Workshop each week for weekly and I do +15 and higher.
    Leader: Sorry, need 2000 rating
    Player: But why do I need that when you can also see that I have done this dungeon so many times at +15 and higher??
    Leader: Sorry, need 2000 rating.

    True story.

    But for me, I got a guild at least. Many do not. And they might struggle in pug life. Yes, they can make their own group, or find like minded people. But its hard when 95% of the pug player base does not share that "like minded" philosophy that player is going for
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!
    Life is meaningless. It is in death we are truly tested.

    Let loot be loot.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Group for Workshop 15:
    Player: Signing up
    Leader: Declined
    Player: Why did I get declined? I have done 20+ runs in Workshop and do it every week
    Leader: Your score is only 1500
    Player: Because I only do Workshop each week for weekly and I do +15 and higher.
    Leader: Sorry, need 2000 rating
    Player: But why do I need that when you can also see that I have done this dungeon so many times at +15 and higher??
    Leader: Sorry, need 2000 rating.

    True story.

    But for me, I got a guild at least. Many do not. And they might struggle in pug life. Yes, they can make their own group, or find like-minded people. But its hard when 95% of the pug player base does not share that "like minded" philosophy that player is going for
    Yes but that's just the group leader fundamentally using the tool wrong. The same can be said for parses or a meter, a tool is a tool, people using it incorrectly or failing to make use of its full potential doesn't impact on the tool's core function.

  11. #311
    if you are faced with a challenge, you want have party members where you can assume they can do the job. This is not even something MMO or online specific, imagine it like gathering your party in FF Tactics
    You need an indicator to determine that.
    At the early stage it was a gear check (because gear was rare and most bosses were gear checks)
    Then, with higher gear frequency this become gearscore/ilvl (there was to much loot to know so you break it down in haulistic way)
    Then after gear became literally meme where catch up gear was better then content gear, people opted out to curve, because every ape could get its hands on good gear
    Then with the introduction of M+ you get RIO because at higher keystones you cant outgear the dungeon mechanics, like how dungeons were run until then, and need to actually know what interrupt is or how to use every ability in your spell book

    RIO can be used wrongly ofc, like the poster about me mentioned but it doesn't change the fact that it make sense and is necessary, not elitist

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Yes but that's just the group leader fundamentally using the tool wrong. The same can be said for parses or a meter, a tool is a tool, people using it incorrectly or failing to make use of its full potential doesn't impact on the tool's core function.
    I know, but there are quite a lot of those group leaders, which is the point.

    RiO is a good tool, no doubt. But there are so many that use it wrong as you say. They see the score and then don't look more into it. It's like those in a Battleground that point laugh at you for being 10th on damage while you were standing defending a point. Believe me, there is loads of those
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-05-30 at 02:43 PM.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!
    Life is meaningless. It is in death we are truly tested.

    Let loot be loot.

  13. #313
    I feel like a lot of people complaining about raider.io fail to realize that when you create a group you immediately have tons of melee dps all signing up for a spot. With extremely limited spots and tons of applicants, your individual chances for getting in, regardless of how good you think you are are low.

    If your class has the ability to, play heals or a tank and you’ll see how much easier it is to push your score because you’ll get into groups much faster.
    change can't wait.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I feel like a lot of people complaining about raider.io fail to realize that when you create a group you immediately have tons of melee dps all signing up for a spot. With extremely limited spots and tons of applicants, your individual chances for getting in, regardless of how good you think you are are low.

    If your class has the ability to, play heals or a tank and you’ll see how much easier it is to push your score because you’ll get into groups much faster.
    No doubt.

    If you wanted to boost your IO being a tank and learning the best routes for each dungeon would be the best way to do it.

    Would have your pick of runs every night.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •