View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • You're an elitist.

    67 31.02%
  • It's a fair preference.

    149 68.98%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Seeing as you're 11/12M I assume you have a guild, so why do you pug m+ and not just run with a premade group?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That means you do care at least a little.
    I was going to post that, can't help myself when someone does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes it is elitist if you insist on requirements obviously higher then required for a smooth run. you are saying a 2k io person isn't good enough for you, even though objectively they obviously are capable of a smooth +15.

    it's one of the most textbook examples of elitism you can realistically run into.
    It isn't elitist in any way if OP isn't an asshat about it, then its just a preference. If OP wants 3k IO only for a +2 that's his preference and he can wait in a 12hr queue to find that. If he complains that everyone sucks and no 3k IO players can be found for a +2 and no one else is good enough, then yea he may be a bit elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you are saying a 2k io person isn't good enough for you
    Not at all. I just want to play with people with the same experience as me. It's just my preference. I find the game more enjoyable and fun that way. It's not about what is required to finish the content.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That means you do care at least a little.
    True, it's one of those if I happen to glance and somebodys at 2k+ io vs somebody with no io i'll pick them. I don't particularly care what the numbers represent past a modicum of experience. So many people get carried through mythic+ it may as well be irrelevant.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    and not just run with a premade group?
    I often do

    But when I pug I prefer to do it with people with the same experience as me so we are all on the same playing field. It's just more enjoyable for me that way.

  7. #27
    How's it "Elitist" ? It's just people not wanting to have their time wasted with potentially clueless players. Nothings stopping those being declined to form their own groups. Do they lack such initiative?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes it is elitist if you insist on requirements obviously higher then required for a smooth run. you are saying a 2k io person isn't good enough for you, even though objectively they obviously are capable of a smooth +15.

    it's one of the most textbook examples of elitism you can realistically run into.
    It's my understanding that there are certain routes you might commonly use at higher levels that people who run 15s would be unfamiliar with. These might not be necessary to do the dungeon in time, but are simply what you'll default to if you're used to running more difficult content. The guys with lower scores will get stuck on these bits, likely mispulling and slowing things down. This will result in a worse experience for both groups of players. I think that wanting to run with players at your level of experience is pretty reasonable (speaking as a lowly pleb with 1500 rio and 4/12 mythic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Anybody who can't get cutting edge isn't someone I want to play with tbh.

    12/12m or gtfo. I could care less about raider io score though.
    unless this is a troll,than THIS right here is elitism,yes 12/12 isnt hard,specialy now,but DEMANDING it to even give other mortals the light of day is elitism

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

    I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

    I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

    Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

    Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?
    This is the definition of elitist. Elitist is not a bad thing. You can be an elitist while being a good person.

    There's also a lot of anti-elitists out there that don't want to group with better players. Nothing wrong with that either.

    It is a preference, but your preference is elitism.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    It isn't elitist in any way if OP isn't an asshat about it, then its just a preference. If OP wants 3k IO only for a +2 that's his preference and he can wait in a 12hr queue to find that. If he complains that everyone sucks and no 3k IO players can be found for a +2 and no one else is good enough, then yea he may be a bit elitist.
    being an asshat about it is the watered down version of elitism, that often spreads outside of the actual elites.

    being an actual elite who doesn't want to associate with the plebs is the pure original version.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    unless this is a troll,than THIS right here is elitism,yes 12/12 isnt hard,specialy now,but DEMANDING it to even give other mortals the light of day is elitism
    I'm sorry you rang plebeian ?

    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-28 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'll explain: if you did somehow 12/12HC clean and you see some ~440ilvl poor soul wanting to join your "full normal Nyalotha farm" and you tell him "fuck off with that low ilvl" - you're considered as elitist.
    If you have >5k r.io score and someone with 800 r.io wants to join your group and you either say "sorry, I need someone who has more experience" or "sure, just don't die on fire" you aren't eilitist.
    I agree. People are allowed to reject people with less experience but the least you can do is have a good attitude about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    This is the definition of elitist. Elitist is not a bad thing. You can be an elitist while being a good person.

    There's also a lot of anti-elitists out there that don't want to group with better players. Nothing wrong with that either.

    It is a preference, but your preference is elitism.
    The word "Elitist" is just used in a negative context most of the time in here. A lot of people put elitist = bad person.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm sorry you rang plebeian ?

    --- snip ---
    you dastardly fiend >_<
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-28 at 03:55 PM.

  15. #35
    It can be both. It's a fair preference, and a bit elitist at the same time. Where you run into problems is your ability to convey that preference, THAT will be what determines the use of the negative aspects of that word "elitist".

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It is a preference, but your preference is elitism.
    Just as having dating prefference is racist?

    That's wrong. It's not elitism at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Anybody who can't get cutting edge isn't someone I want to play with tbh.

    12/12m or gtfo. I could care less about raider io score though.
    The most important question is - it's before or after nerf?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I often do

    But when I pug I prefer to do it with people with the same experience as me so we are all on the same playing field. It's just more enjoyable for me that way.
    I'm just saying as someone who is also a prog raider (I haven't played bfa since battle though) normally when we do run m+ there is normally a core group of like 3 or 4 of us and we just grab the first person vaguely qualified for the key who pops up.

    That said I'd never bother plugging anything over like a 17 in the first place (i.e if we're in the mood to push keys its going to be a premade period).

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The word "Elitist" is just used in a negative context most of the time in here. A lot of people put elitist = bad person.
    That's incorrect then to always assume. "Rich" is also used in a negative context, that doesn't make it correct to use rich as an insult.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ma boi, as a 12/12M player, I find it cute you even mention word elitist without clearing Mythic raid.

    kekw.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Damn straight. I barely held myself interested enough there to read that one.
    He is like in the top 1-5%, how much higher do you have to be?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just as having dating prefference is racist?

    That's wrong. It's not elitism at all.
    Yes, if you discriminate against someone because of their race, it's the definition of racism. Whether or not it's bad is another discussion.

    This is elitism, but this is good elitism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •