Poll: What do you think?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    at this point in the patch that's fine.

though i do laugh a bit when i see descriptions like "don't bother linking anything, checking armory and only taking people with 5+ kills".
    Why, that filters out like 99% of people who bought stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you dastardly fiend >_<
    Just to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Yes, if you discriminate against someone because of their race, it's the definition of racism. Whether or not it's bad is another discussion.

This is elitism, but this is good elitism.
    sexual preference is NOT racism,just as not being atracted to men doesnt make me a homophobe,i cant help it if im not atracted sexualy to X or Y race,i would never discriminate against them in any other way,but sexuality is not a choice i make

sexual preference discrminiation is NOT racism,i cant help it if im not atracted sexualy to X or Y race,i would never discriminate against them in any other way,but sexuality is not a choice i make
    Please don't open up this can of worms. We are just talking about WoW here

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Please don't open up this can of worms. We are just talking about WoW here
    meh i was just responding to an insane statement that person made,i cant let someone spew such rubbish unchallenged

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Just to clarify

What if I also do LFR in my spare time?

- - - Updated - - -

meh i was just responding to an insane statement that person made,i cant let someone spew such rubbish unchallenged
    I know. I don't blame you. I just don't think that discussion should develop in here.

yes it is elitist if you insist on requirements obviously higher then required for a smooth run. you are saying a 2k io person isn't good enough for you, even though objectively they obviously are capable of a smooth +15.

it's one of the most textbook examples of elitism you can realistically run into.
    Uhh, no? Being capable of a smooth run =/= being able to do it consistently. Which group do you think fails a +15 more often. A 2k r.io avg or 3k r.io avg party? It is ok to want to minimize the chance of failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just disgusting, man.

Honestly though the only thing i'm truly elitist about is parses (barring obviously screwy things) you should consistently be playing your class at a high enough level to gold parse or at worst purple parse.

Blue / green parses need not apply.

What's LFR i've never heard of a difficulty below mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's just disgusting, man.
    I know. Sometimes I hate myself. But I just cant help it.. even now that titanforging is gone, LFR is just calling my name.

being an asshat about it is the watered down version of elitism, that often spreads outside of the actual elites.

being an actual elite who doesn't want to associate with the plebs is the pure original version.
    Yeaaaa...but the second example isn't a bad thing, its the asshat that most people on this forum refer to and show a dislike for. There isn't anything wrong with quietly playing how you want and excluding "plebs" from playing with you. Just because they pay the sub doesn't mean they have the right to play with OP and there is nothing wrong with that. If OP doesn't want to play with inexperienced/undergeared/bad players he isn't the first example necessarily, and given the state of the term elitist on this website, I appropriately addressed the first example as that's what was meant, i'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What's LFR i've never heard of a difficulty below mythic
    It's this magical place where people used to go for big loot called "Titanforging"!

You can choose to play with whoever you want. You don't owe anyone anything. If you want to play with people with high experience only, that is your business and yours alone.

If you however act like a cunt towards lesser exp people then it's a whole another scenario and you just might be elitist knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    You can choose to play with whoever you want. You don't owe anyone anything. If you want to play with people with high experience only, that is your business and yours alone.

If you however act like a cunt towards lesser exp people then it's a whole another scenario and you just might be elitist knob.
    I 100 % agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Why, that filters out like 99% of people who bought stuff.
    i just cant imagine the extra time/effort it takes will actually translate into that much less issues during the run, when compared to just going for overgeared people with more generic experience.

sexual preference is NOT racism,just as not being atracted to men doesnt make me a homophobe,i cant help it if im not atracted sexualy to X or Y race,i would never discriminate against them in any other way,but sexuality is not a choice i make
    It is racism. That's what it means - but it's something that you may or may not be able to control, so it's widely acceptable. Your sexual preference is also typically sexist. You are attracted to one sex over another. You are not interested in people because of their sex. Sexism. But it's OK. It's literally in the definition of these terms.

But this really isn't relevant to this discussion at all and shouldn't have been brought up.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-05-28 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Uhh, no? Being capable of a smooth run =/= being able to do it consistently. Which group do you think fails a +15 more often. A 2k r.io avg or 3k r.io avg party? It is ok to want to minimize the chance of failure.
    yeah and a 4k io player is even better. so you can minimize the risk even more.

but there comes a point at which it's just overkill and the increased requirement's don't actually result in a meaningful reduction in risk anymore.

for a +15 you can debate if that's at 1.8k or 2k or 2.4k or w/e, but it's certainly not 3k.

once you go past that point you just become someone who doesn't want to play with someone of that rating for a subjective reason.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you wanting to play with people on your same level to keep progressing doesn't mean you are elitist.
    You are however elitist if you go around and brag about your achievements, think you are superior and deny others while telling them they aren't worthy to play with you
    So basically exactly what OP is insinuating in the first post.

i just cant imagine the extra time/effort it takes will actually translate into that much less issues during the run, when compared to just going for overgeared people with more generic experience.
    You'd be surprised. That experiment is super easy. Investigation the first 460+ ATOC people and start the run. Then actually check logs. I guarantee you, that the first party wont kill n'zoth within a reasonable time frame. I've seen ATOC groups fail the maut dos check, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah and a 4k io player is even better. so you can minimize the risk even more.

but there comes a point at which it's just overkill and the increased requirement's don't actually result in a meaningful reduction in risk anymore.

for a +15 you can debate if that's at 1.8k or 2k or 2.4k or w/e, but it's certainly not 3k.

once you go past that point you just become someone who doesn't want to play with someone of that rating for a subjective reason.
    Yeah, and I can decide that point without being elitist. Maybe I want to wait 20 min to almost guarantee a +2? Is it elitist to want to achieve a +2 on a at 15key?

As a 10/12 Mythic raider, I think OP is an elitist prick.

But there's no way I'm running anything with some 9/12 Mythic scrublord!