Poll: What do you think?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Yes. I have done more than 100 +15-20 keys this season, so I really only enjoy them if I play with a group that do crazy pulls. Otherwise it's boring for me. Again, that's just my preference for what I find fun. Fun is subjective right.
    yeah that's fine, then you are asking for requirements that are proper for what you are doing.

just don't go out of your way to shittalk less skilled people and dont get too upset when a guildie or w/e asks for a boost and your average player won't think you are elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The original post. You asked if a behavior was elitist.
    But I didn't ask what I can and cannot enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    just don't go out of your way to shittalk less skilled people
    I would never do that. That has no part of it.

Some people are unbelievably bad, so not really.

15+ Year Old Account
    But I didn't ask what I can and cannot enjoy.
    You asked if something was elitist or fair and presumably you enjoy doing the content being asked about. I have never told you what you can and can not enjoy. You are just getting all worked up over being labeled an elitist after asking for people to determine if your behavior is fair or elitist.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

And why do you actually care what anonymous people on the internet think about you? What difference in your life will it make whether some random person, whom you have never met, or are ever likely to meet, might think that you are "elitist"?

I have never told you what you can and can not enjoy.
    rhorle: "There is no reason why you can't enjoy playing the game with people that can easily clear that content."

15+ Year Old Account
    rhorle: "There is no reason why you can't enjoy playing the game with people that can easily clear that content."
    There is no reason why you, or anyone else, can't enjoy playing with less progressed players when they are still capable of clearing the content being played. That isn't telling you that you personally can't enjoy playing the game a certain way. It is telling you that there are no reasons to make such a division and your reasons for enjoyment are arbitrary and elitist.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Justified elitism: The thread.

I really don't see the point of this other than to try to get shitty players to disagree with you then use facts and logic to defeat their terrible arguments. This preference isn't new, we just have more tools readily accessible to judge people with.

There is no reason why you, or anyone else, can't enjoy playing with less progressed players when they are still capable of clearing the content being played. That isn't telling you that you personally can't enjoy playing the game a certain way. It is telling you that there are no reasons to make such a division and your reasons for enjoyment are arbitrary and elitist.
    So if I for example think it's fun and enjoyable to do a +15 key and make extremely big pulls I'm being an elitist for thinking it's fun?

15+ Year Old Account
    So if I for example think it's fun and enjoyable to do a +15 key and make extremely big pulls I'm being an elitist for thinking it's fun?
    You are not elitist for thinking large pulls are fun. If you are excluding people that can handle that content but are not 11/12 Mythic raiders then yes you are being elitist. You keep adding on different things because you can't seem to handle being called elitist even though you asked for such a judgement in your original post.

You have already said you don't want to play with lesser players even though they are not bad. You said you don't want to play with people capable of clearing the content. That is being elite because doing a large pull is still "clearing the content". You don't need to be a 11/12 Mythic raider in order to be able to survive a large pull in any Mythic+ dungeon.

You are playing using arbitrary rules meant to exclude certain people for no other reason then they don't mean your personal standards of "good enough". That is elitism.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-05-28 at 06:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    Your doing what other good players do, not wanting to play with shitters, i do the same.

If wanting to make ur own game experience better by being an elitist. then im not gonna stop you.
    Its ONLY the bottom of the barrel-kind of player who cry out about others being elitists for not wanting to boost them.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It is elitist to sort people out based on their performance, yes.

But the thread is baffling to me. If you want to be elitist, be elitist. Own it. It's only a bad word if you think it is. People have trouble accepting things about themselves if they think it's inherently a bad thing. I'm fat, and that's fine. That's just the way it is. It always amazes the heck out of me when people refuse accept when others call them fat, or getting sad by the fact.

Elitism is a thing that exists. Yet no one wants to own that it's about them. But it doesn't hurt to be. Be elitist and own it.

I don't personally use "rio" (whatever that means), Warcraftlogs or simulators. I liked running sims in Vanilla and TBC, because it was an obscure thing that no one did and I enjoyed maximising things. These days, people seem to think of it as required. So imagine how quickly lil'-ole' hipster-me lost interest in it. I play this game in ways I enjoy. And you play this game in ways you enjoy. Why be ashamed?

I don't know why people prefer very high score players; those are the kind that leave on the first shitty pull and / or wipe, and deplete the key - beacuse they can just get in another group anyway.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

You have already said you don't want to play with lesser players even though they are not bad.
    Nope. Did not say that. I said it prefer to play with people of equal experience to me because I find it more fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s fair for the most part, but like any system it can be abused.

It’s basically a wow resume but the score does not guarantee skill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I don't personally use "rio" (whatever that means)
    https://raider.io/

Scores a character based on Mythic+ and Raid performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Did not say that. I said it prefer to play with people of equal experience to me because I find it more fun.
    Preferring to play with is saying you don't want to play with the people you don't prefer.

Preferring to play with is saying you don't want to play with the people you don't prefer.
    No it's not.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it's not.
    Yes it is. If you prefer something you are saying you don't want the things you don't prefer. That doesn't mean you never do something you don't prefer. Preference is just stating what your first choice will be. But that is a digression. Your preference is based on elitism because it isn't about clearing the content you want to do. It is about having an arbitrary score and only using that high score as a rule for who is "good enough" to play with you.

Because again you don't need to clear 11/12 Mythic Raid bosses in order to do large pulls in a Mythic+ dungeon of any key level. Your preference is born out of elitism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    I think it's a fair preference but I think it's unrelated to being an elitist, the best player in the world is not automatically an elitist just because they are skilled. I think being an elitist can be defined by how you treat players that you may end up grouping with. If you find yourself in a group with players far below your skill level, do you constantly berate them and talk down to them about how good you are and how bad they are or do you just get on with it and help out as much as you can? You may be good enough at filtering out players that you don't experience this but how do you think you would react in those situations?

I personally don't much like elitists, but on the other hand, elitists aren't going to tell you that it's a bad thing either, I think it's a matter of perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

https://raider.io/

Scores a character based on Mythic+ and Raid performance.
    I did not say I wanted to know (I am not interested), but I am convinced your heart is in the right place.