Poll: What do you think?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fair preference. It's my money I pay to enjoy this video game and I don't want to spend a single second of it carrying bads who slip through the cracks.

r.io is a godsend

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Fair preference. It's my money I pay to enjoy this video game and I don't want to spend a single second of it carrying bads who slip through the cracks.

r.io is a godsend
    How does one "slip through the cracks" in a video game?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Everyone can play any way they like.

Now, the issue at hand is that people have absurd requirements for content that's not particulalry hard or requires specific knowledge.

After not doing M+ at all thsi season, I started a few weeks ago again. At 462 ilvl I barely got invited to a +6. Ever since that I've been running my own keys so I don't have to die applying to groups. I don't give a shit about rio and invite people that have an appropriate ilvl for they key. The only key I failed was one where the healer permanently disconnected in a SotS after the 2nd boss, mind you, we finished the instance without a healer. So far made it to +14 without checking or requiring any rio or absurd gear.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you prefer something you are saying you don't want the things you don't prefer.
    No I'm just saying what my preference is.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-28 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    My personal opinion is those things only matter when you're doing difficult content. Sure, check their IO, logs, etc if they're going to join you for a beyond 15 key or filling in a missing spot in your mythic raid team for the night. Guys who say they're checking IO for 10 keys or requiring AotC for heroic runs ARE being elitist asses. There's memes about this for a reason. Since you don't have a "depends on the content" option in the poll I'm not voting.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    AotC for heroic runs ARE being elitist asses.
    What if you want to do a speed run to see how fast you can do the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My personal opinion is those things only matter when you're doing difficult content. Sure, check their IO, logs, etc if they're going to join you for a beyond 15 key or filling in a missing spot in your mythic raid team for the night. Guys who say they're checking IO for 10 keys or requiring AotC for heroic runs ARE being elitist asses. There's memes about this for a reason. Since you don't have a "depends on the content" option in the poll I'm not voting.
    Its also not healthy for the game long term.

If people cant even get invited to a heroic Pug then why bother playing WoW?

"less bads is good"

Yes because people cant get better when they play more and experience more difficult content and get the taste.

Instead you need to have completed the content to partake in the content which is a chicken before an egg. Wonder why people dont bother trying to get into the game anymore and blizz are bending over backwards with game changes trying to bring in new players for once.

"Why should i care if others play or not"

Because empty servers are shit and its a multiple player game that is better with more people playing it.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-28 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Instead you need to have completed the content to partake in the content which is a chicken before an egg. Wonder why people dont bother trying to get into the game anymore
    The thing is that people who have progressed don't want to group up with people who haven't progressed because they don't want to do it all over again. That's why people who haven't progressed should find each other and progress together.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-28 at 07:22 PM.

The thing is that people who have progressed don't want to group up with people who haven't progressed because they don't want to do it all over again. That's why people who haven't progressed should find each other and progress togeather.
    Yeah finishing the run asap to use coins on the 1 or 2 pieces of loot you are after that wont drop anyway is way better than inviting someone who might die on a boss spell they hadnt seen before.

But ask yourself why are you even playing the game in the first place? Completing a gear check list? I prefer giving people a chance because its actually pretty easy to tell the difference between someone just wanting a carry who doesnt even have enchants vs the guy that is struggling to find a nzoth kill but regularly completes content most of the raid and does at least a 13+ M dungeon a week and is gearing correctly and would fill into the raid just fine and you wouldnt even notice a difference. And they might even learn something from you if you are all that.

But ask yourself why are you even playing the game in the first place?
    To have fun

Not at all.
    People must identify their real life information before raid, such as,

How much money did they make last year? How much tax they paid?
    Education and Marriage status
    How often do they go to Church?
    Their real life photos.

You don't want to play with real life losers.

To have fun
    why is running the same raid over and over again fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    but how much does that actually matter when it's easy content?

having an issue if people are barely good enough is one thing. but once you aren't satisfied with people who are more than good enough because they aren't as good as you, it starts to become elitist.

now if you mean the content is more enjoyable because you can do crazy pulls or fancy tactics that less experienced people might not know that's another thing, but you didn't mention any of that.
    Lol, sure. Invite a tank that never completed a +10 to a +15. You'll see then how "easy" the game is.

Yes, if we set new goals like speed running etc.

Also, right now you can farm Echoes and I don't want to spend more than 1 hour to clear a heroic raid for that.

r.io is a godsend
    To OP, Don't be like this and you're on the fair preference side of things.

Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a nice spring day.

I play WoW. I'm a 11/12 mythic raider and I have a 3k rio score.

I prefer to play with people who got approximately the same experience with current content as myself.

Therefore I use systems like Raider.io, Wowprogress, Warcraftlog etc. to see how much experience people have with current content to compare it to my own.

Do you think that makes me an elitist or do you think it's a fair preference?

Edit: Also, is being an elitist a bad thing?
    You probably are an elitist. An elitist is someone who cares what others think of their achievements even if they lack them. They are the players that demand stupid requirements even if they themselves don't have them. It is an attitude.

Players should play with players of their own skill. They should also play at their own skill level. This is all fine and actually expected. You should use the tools available to find players that you will probably have fun with. This is not elitist.

Going to a non official fan site seeking validation in an echo chamber with an attitude of "lol, I'm so good, I bet someone will call me elitist" makes you an elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Not at all.
    People must identify their real life information before raid, such as,

How much money did they make last year? How much tax they paid?
    Education and Marriage status
    How often do they go to Church?
    Their real life photos.
    How is that relevant to raiding?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You probably are an elitist. An elitist is someone who cares what others think of their achievements even if they lack them. They are the players that demand stupid requirements even if they themselves don't have them. It is an attitude.

Going to a non official fan site seeking validation in an echo chamber with an attitude of "lol, I'm so good, I bet someone will call me elitist" makes you an elitist.
    You're mean. Just because I haven't killed N'zoth yet doesn't give you the right to bully me!

some people like to work on self improvement/performance? or a sense completion for collecting a BiS/xmog set? or they enjoy spending time with their friends doing challenging content?

r.io is a godsend
    This guy here is an elitist. It's an attitude. He sounds like the sort of guy who clears heroic, thinks he's hot shit but still pugs the first boss on normal for a lucky corruption item. Doesn't get it and then decides that because he is in content not designed for him he better tell everyone how good he is before leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This guy here is an elitist. It's an attitude. He sounds like the sort of guy who clears heroic, thinks he's hot shit but still pugs the first boss on normal for a lucky corruption item. Doesn't get it and then decides that because he is in content not designed for him he better tell everyone how good he is before leaving.
    Why are you bullying people?