Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    The only outrageous thing about new blood elf (and void elf) customization is that they STILL haven't fixed the green glow around the eyelids when you choose other colours (gold, blue). Beyond lazy. They even didn't have the decency to put void elves in their respective underwear...no, the velves obviously wear blood elf undies now. Don't they check their pictures before they publish them?
    Well didn't you know? Void elves are just alliance blood elves now. They can all have the same eye color and even got the blood elven skin tones. But that discussion can be for a different thread because that's not what this thread is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    I never said black people have one type of face or hair, I am literally asking for more representative features. Yea our hair is not the same, and that's part of what makes us different and should be included in the representation. It is the most human-like horde race, and strongly represents less built humans aside from eyes and ears, the tone was added to them largely because of that and comes off like some slapstick attempt "here's your representation".
    Human-like =/= human. As such there is no need to give them human-like facial features because they already do not have human facial features.

More hairstyles would always be a +, and I wouldn't mind more diverse hairstyles(curly hair), but they don't need more facial features for the sake of being 'proper' black elves because they're not humans nor built to represent humans, unlike the actual human race in the game.

Its not a slapstick anything its literally just adding another option, and it should be left at that really.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It’s pretty obvious to me and others that the Blood Elves are the only race the horde has that could be representative of humans so they decided to give them the same treatment with additional skin colors matching existing real human skin tone. The problem, however, is they are implemented poorly, and done as an obvious parallel to the alliance giving players who want to be a black character but also play horde an option.
    It's Forsaken. They are even giving the Forsaken skin colors to match the new ones they are giving Humans. They are LITERALLY Humans and just need upright postures for this to become obvious.

Human-like skin colors =/= Elves are the human option on Horde.

I mean.. yes but you’re missing the point. The point is that this is clearly the horde equivalent of the alliance getting more customization options for humans. Now, the alliance human options are great because they actually add diversity into the human race and allow you to create a character that more closely resembles yourself should you desire to do so. They went waaaay too long with “white man with dark skin” being your only option.

It’s pretty obvious to me and others that the Blood Elves are the only race the horde has that could be representative of humans so they decided to give them the same treatment with additional skin colors matching existing real human skin tone. The problem, however, is they are implemented poorly, and done as an obvious parallel to the alliance giving players who want to be a black character but also play horde an option.

Obviously elves are not real, but they still have the same treatment as the humans did previously. They took the existing normal features and slapped dark skin on them.

OP isn’t upset that dark skin tones for Elves is being added but rather is upset that they don’t come with unique defining features and is basically the equivalent of a white man coloring himself black.

On topic: I agree that they could have added some unique features. I don’t know that a “black elf” makes much sense, but I do think elves would fit very well with Middle Eastern culture. They could have added darker skin tones along with more Wrathion looking customization options for said skin tones and that would create an interesting option for representation. I don’t know if the humans got much to represent middle eastern culture.
    Thank you for being reasonable. I think it is beyond obvious that blood elves are the "horde humans" when it comes to customization and everyone here is acting like I am crazy for referring to them as such so it fits their agenda.

It feels a bit off, but meh, more customization is always welcomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. yes but you’re missing the point. The point is that this is clearly the horde equivalent of the alliance getting more customization options for humans. Now, the alliance human options are great because they actually add diversity into the human race and allow you to create a character that more closely resembles yourself should you desire to do so. They went waaaay too long with “white man with dark skin” being your only option.
    And my point is that white skinned elves don't resemble white people either. They're not human, so they shouldn't look like humans or have their general features.

Also if you want a character that looks like you, don't roll the faction that humans aren't a part of.

Of all the things in life one could legitimately be outraged by, this is the hill you are choosing to die on? Feels like you are stretching quite a bit to find something to be angry about.

... im racist for wanting it added to the game the right way...
    I had no idea that elves were real and we had references for how they are "supposed" to look. I always thought that they were an imaginary creation from the minds of various people throughout history, and thus have no rules as to what they looked like other than the preferences of the person creating the character. And certainly not a "right" way to be.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Obviously elves are not real, but they still have the same treatment as the humans did previously. They took the existing normal features and slapped dark skin on them.

OP isn’t upset that dark skin tones for Elves is being added but rather is upset that they don’t come with unique defining features and is basically the equivalent of a white man coloring himself black.

On topic: I agree that they could have added some unique features. I don’t know that a “black elf” makes much sense, but I do think elves would fit very well with Middle Eastern culture. They could have added darker skin tones along with more Wrathion looking customization options for said skin tones and that would create an interesting option for representation. I don’t know if the humans got much to represent middle eastern culture.
    And while i support more customization, slapping "black" features on a race wouldn't really work, imo. How does that make sense? they are elves, not humans, who even knows what "black" features would look like on an elf, they don't even have white features.
    '

10+ Year Old Account

The skin looks grey in the face and more purple-ish in the stomach and legs. It is clearly not what the devs were going for with that skin tone.

Happy?

Thank you for being reasonable. I think it is beyond obvious that blood elves are the "horde humans" when it comes to customization and everyone here is acting like I am crazy for referring to them as such so it fits their agenda.
    OK, again. Belves are not the Horde human. That's Forsaken. You know the literal humans affected by a plague that brings them back from death.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    And while i support more customization, slapping "black" features on a race wouldn't really work, imo. How does that make sense? they are elves, not humans, who even knows what "black" features would look like on an elf, they don't even have white features.
    '
    Ask blizzard, they literally just slapped a black skin tone on elves and called it a day. That's the whole issue, if you aren't going to do it right don't do, it its not representative its insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    OK, again. Belves are not the Horde human. That's Forsaken. You know the literal humans affected by a plague that brings them back from death.
    Blood Elves were added to the Horde so they could have a pretty, human like race to play.

Blood Elves are the Horde’s humans.
    change can't wait.

Okay, ill only respond since you took the time to try twice. Clearly we are not gonna pretend the decaying flesh and bones is more human-like to roleplay as than a fit man with pointy ears and green eyes just because they are literal dead humans.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Blood Elves were added to the Horde so they could have a pretty, human like race to play.

Blood Elves are the Horde’s humans.
    No. They are the Hordes elves. Because you know...elves.

No. They are the Hordes elves. Because you know...elves.
    Look m8, you can tell yourself whatever you want. Blood Elves (despite being elves) are the most human looking race in the Horde. They even look more “human” than other human races like Kul tirans.

They are the Horde’s humans.
    change can't wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ask blizzard, they literally just slapped a black skin tone on elves and called it a day. That's the whole issue, if you aren't going to do it right don't do, it its not representative its insulting.
    Do it right How?

There is nothing to "do right" because regardless of what they do it's always gonna be "right" as they can do design their fictional races however the hell they like.

Formerly known as Arafal

Okay, ill only respond since you took the time to try twice. Clearly we are not gonna pretend the decaying flesh and bones is more human-like to roleplay as than a fit man with pointy ears and green eyes just because they are literal dead humans.
    I'll concede that they are pretty, sure. I'll even go as far as to say, they look the most human in armor.

But, you have to realize that this is high fantasy, there is no comparison you can possibly have to a black elf in the real world.

Because right now, it sounds to me like you want J'quon the level 40 Hunter with fingerwaves and thats just fuckin stupid.

The fact that nobody is complaining that the black skin color for Forsaken doesn't have african features like the new Human skin colors shows that nobody ACTUALLY fucking cares about "it's not black enough!!" and are just whining that black-ish elves exist.

I have seen NOBODY complain about the Forsaken skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    more customizations wont hurt anyone soooo ...whats the point of this theard? Being Outrageous about improvements ?
    Outraged because a dark brown elf can't have an afro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The fact that nobody is complaining that the black skin color for Forsaken doesn't have african features like the new Human skin colors shows that nobody ACTUALLY fucking cares about "it's not black enough!!" and are just whining that black-ish elves exist.

Yeah that's the other side of it. Either its not black enough, or its too black.

This just shows that Elf players are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

I’ll never get over how blackness is so triggering to so many people. The devs didn’t make any statement, didn’t get rid of the pale blonde elves that we have now. They just added a couple dark skin tones and it causes all this controversy. I would be mad if it wasn’t so pathetic.
    change can't wait.