Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As far as I am aware, police must answer why they are arresting you. It was required by law.
    No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    ... the way you talk and act on these forums is nothing short of black caricature.
    I'm gay, thanks for noticing the cultural intersection between our oppressed communities! We still don't have it as bad as them though.

you're white becky, stop trying to rachel dolezal yourself.
    That would be implying I'm claiming or pretending to be black, which I've not. Top kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    I'm not talking about how MLK would react. I'm saying if his nonviolent protests turned into what happened in Minneapolis it could have been bad for the movement and we set civil rights back
    No, MLK would completely understand. He understood this shit in the '60s, and the causes just simply haven't changed a whole hell of a lot since his death;

I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

Riots are a symptom of social injustice. They aren't the problem, they're the social unrest that occurs because of the problem.

Fix the problem, and you fix the riots.

Literally MLK's position, from his own mouth.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1266315061221613569
    This is ridiculous!! press freedom cannot be violated!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    And you're probably wrong because, as said, if it was a legitimate insurrection chances are the confederates would lose a second time, based on their previous track record.

Please don't start bullshit hypothetical arguments you can't win.
    What? What's this about a 2nd civil war? All I'm saying is these kind of protests can hurt your cause. Who knows maybe once the dust settles some good will come of this. I'll happily be wrong but I think the ones who actually are trying to foster change are hurting their cause here

10+ Year Old Account
    What? What's this about a 2nd civil war? All I'm saying is these kind of protests can hurt your cause. Who knows maybe once the dust settles some good will come of this. I'll happily be wrong but I think the ones who actually are trying to foster change are hurting their cause here
    And I'm saying that being a scold because people are protesting in a way that gives you the vapors makes you part of the issue, not an impartial party.

The problem is that you refuse to recognise that there is a problem, much less that you're complicit in maintaining and benefiting from it.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm gay, thanks for noticing the cultural intersection between our oppressed communities! We still don't have it as bad as them though.

That would be implying I'm claiming or pretending to be black, which I've not. Top kek.
    wow, you really are white, comparing being gay to being black... holy fuck you're nuts.
    also if you think saying things like "girl, honey, sweetie, sugar" is something "gay people do" its not, it just makes you sound like a flaming cunt, it also makes you sound like a redneck trying to make fun of a gay person.
    And you certainly are trying your hardest to take on the vernacular and mannerisms.. shall we call it appropriate?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-29 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Major Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    you certainly are trying your hardest to take on the vernacular and mannerisms.. shall we call it appropriate?
    Did I not just literally say there was cultural intersection?

Also lol, another redditor who thinks "cultural appropriation" is a synonym for "bad". It's a neutral term, Karen; the problematic elements arise in the interplay between what cultures are being appropriated or doing the appropriation.

So all of you trying to use MLK as a moral cudgel to scold black protesters with? That's the bad kind of appropriation. Me calling Lindsey Graham a simp for Donald Trump? That's the neutral kind.

wow, you really are white, comparing being gay to being black... holy fuck you're nuts.
    They explicitly said "We still don't have it as bad as them though."
    Seriously, maybe learn to read...

What kind of person could be dissuaded from their belief in this "cause" because of the rage that understandably followed? I feel like I've asked this a lot, but do violent protesters somehow mitigate the ongoing horror of police murdering black people?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...

Nerp. Don't think I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    They explicitly said "We still don't have it as bad as them though."
    Seriously, maybe learn to read...
    adding "its not as bad" changes nothing... its not even in the same league, hell its not even in the same solar system.

its an insult to even conflate the two

10+ Year Old Account
    adding "its not as bad" changes nothing... its not even in the same league, hell its not even in the same solar system.

Me having sex with my husband would have landed us both in prison if this were prior to 2003. And no, I don't live in Saudi Arabia.

So, no - you haven't taken good care of us, American sociolegal system, and we hate you almost as much as black people do. But like I said; whatever our struggles, black people have it far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    What kind of person could be dissuaded from their belief in this "cause" because of the rage that understandably followed? I feel like I've asked this a lot, but do violent protesters somehow mitigate the ongoing horror of police murdering black people?
    Eye for an eye and the world goes blind. We need to fix the police with higher standards, better training, body cams etc. But innocent people shouldn't suffer because of a racist shitheel being a cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eye for an eye and the world goes blind. We need to fix the police with higher standards, better training, body cams etc. But innocent people shouldn't suffer because of a racist shitheel being a cunt.
    "Eye for an eye".

Please point out which police officers have been lynched over the past three days. I'm waiting.

Again, you're just broadcasting you fundamentally don't get the issue beyond its presence as a public spectacle.

Hi... gay minority here...

They're in similar leagues depending where you are.

I mean I have been physically attacked, had a person try to stab me, a friend has had his skull cracked. Another one of my friend's walking with his boyfriend narrowly escaped being shot, the bullet whizzed past his head in a hate attack.

I would say I have suffered more physical harm for being gay than for my ethnicity, but I avoid areas a lot...

Like I have mostly lived in areas that have a very strong Latin population or a mixed area (though no segregated) so racism hasn't been too bad unless I travel outside those areas, but I don't get around much.

Right now I can tell you I don't love the town I live in, I never go in the town centre itself. I'll travel and shop outside in again another mostly Latin community, why?

Well because the last few times I was in the town there were problems. Neo nazis, racist white teens... just prefer to sty outside.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-05-29 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you think saying things like "girl, honey, sweetie, sugar" is something "gay people do" its not
    In the LGBT+ community, these terms are quite common. Not sure about your level of exposure to the community, but I can promise you these terms are used quite frequently. Not by all of course, but by enough for it to be a thing. And it has been for a VERY long time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

What’s the point of debating being gay vs. being a racial minority? And what is it with a few certain people in this thread that seem to forget you can be both?

Being a part of either groups or both present two unique challenges that sometimes overlap and sometimes they don’t. That’s about the end of it.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me having sex with my husband would have landed us both in prison if this were prior to 2003. And no, I don't live in Saudi Arabia.
    Shit, just for being exposed as homosexual in the past could have gotten you brutalized and killed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Shit, just for being exposed as homosexual in the past could have gotten you brutalized and killed.
    Oh, I was referring solely to legal consequences because according to these clowns if it isn't a legal punishment then it isn't bigotry.

But yeah, imagine actually trying to fucking white knight the LGBT community by telling a gay man he's behaving too stereotypically, lol. The caucasity.