Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Me having sex with my husband would have landed us both in prison if this were prior to 2003. And no, I don't live in Saudi Arabia.
    Shit, just for being exposed as homosexual in the past could have gotten you brutalized and killed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  2. #102
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Shit, just for being exposed as homosexual in the past could have gotten you brutalized and killed.
    Oh, I was referring solely to legal consequences because according to these clowns if it isn't a legal punishment then it isn't bigotry.

    But yeah, imagine actually trying to fucking white knight the LGBT community by telling a gay man he's behaving too stereotypically, lol. The caucasity.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm gay, thanks for noticing the cultural intersection between our oppressed communities! We still don't have it as bad as them though.



    That would be implying I'm claiming or pretending to be black, which I've not. Top kek.
    It’s not just white people that can be gay btw.
    change can't wait.

  4. #104
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,003
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It’s not just white people that can be gay btw.
    Thank fucking god. The way a whole lot of white gays up and went full on Confederate the instant marriage got legalised is nothing short of vile.

    Which helps to underscore the point of how racial animus influences every other aspect of American life and culture. White solidarity is strong enough to overcome feminism or gay rights, still.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  5. #105
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,813
    I'm wondering why @Elegiac seems so gung-ho on damning cops that had no involvement in this incident. While conveniently ignoring the crab pot ghetto culture. Something that hurts the black community and poor communities much worse. You never addressed that in the other thread. Even giving a pass on looting an entire store.

  6. #106
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'm wondering why @Elegiac seems so gung-ho on damning cops that had no involvement in this incident.
    Because they, by choosing to be police officers, are complicit in a system of oppression and for the most part are doing fuck all to address it themselves.

    And no, hun. There's a world of difference between being born a particular color and watching too many procedurals as a kid.

    While conveniently ignoring the crab pot ghetto culture. Something that hurts the black community and poor communities much worse. You never addressed that in the other thread. Even giving a pass on looting an entire store.
    Namely because these things are symptoms of the problem which you refuse to acknowledge exists, because white fragility is a thing.

    And don't worry, I'm sure that store smoked weed in college and was bound to end up looted the way it was going.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    Eye for an eye and the world goes blind. We need to fix the police with higher standards, better training, body cams etc. But innocent people shouldn't suffer because of a racist shitheel being a cunt.
    Friend...an eye? What I am trying impress upon you is that innocent people have been suffering. This country has done whatever it wanted with black people's bodies since the 1500s to the present day. This is not a series of recent incidents followed by skirmishes, this is pretty much the entire structural edifice of the country since before its inception, in tandem with law enforcement, the judiciary, the legislative process, and a population that has consistently ignored and rationalized it, and you are still asking people to register their objections to centuries of horrific abuse and murder, legal, gross injustices, and all manner of relentless daily indignities in a way that you'd feel more comfortable with.

    I'm going to ask you again--do you not feel sickened hearing yourself fret over their manner of protest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" Rochana is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun. Speaking of utterly morally bankrupt.

  8. #108
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    You are still asking people to register their objections to centuries of horrific abuse and murder, legal, gross injustices, and all manner of relentless daily indignities in a way that you'd feel more comfortable with.
    Oh look, someone spilled a whole pot of scalding hot tea all over the thread.

    I'd say to pay attention but the folks this applies to aren't known for their ability to self-reflect.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh LORD the Onion just doesn't miss.

    MINNEAPOLIS—Calling for a more measured way to express opposition to police brutality, critics slammed demonstrators Thursday for recklessly looting businesses without forming a private equity firm first. “Look, we all have the right to protest, but that doesn’t mean you can just rush in and destroy any business without gathering a group of clandestine investors to purchase it at a severely reduced price and slowly bleed it to death,” said Facebook commenter Amy Mulrain, echoing the sentiments of detractors nationwide who blasted the demonstrators for not hiring a consultant group to take stock of a struggling company’s assets before plundering. “I understand that people are angry, but they shouldn’t just endanger businesses without even a thought to enriching themselves through leveraged buyouts and across-the-board terminations. It’s disgusting to put workers at risk by looting. You do it by chipping away at their health benefits and eventually laying them off. There’s a right way and wrong way to do this.” At press time, critics recommended that protestors hold law enforcement accountable by simply purchasing the Minneapolis police department from taxpayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  9. #109
    I guess we could just compromise that we should at least arrest the people that incited the riot. Should be the best way to go from here.

    So that means the police that started teargassing and the actors who smashed the windows.

  10. #110
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    39,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'm wondering why @Elegiac seems so gung-ho on damning cops that had no involvement in this incident. While conveniently ignoring the crab pot ghetto culture. Something that hurts the black community and poor communities much worse. You never addressed that in the other thread. Even giving a pass on looting an entire store.
    Seriously stop crying. Asking people to condemn something anyone with any reason can decline for themselves. Coupled with a leader in the White House fueling this.

    At this point the situation will sort it’s way out. Idiots rioting will either continue to be ignored or it will escalate. Either way everyone is free to make a choice.

    These cops obviously don’t care. Enough lip service. Justice NOW!
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Rofl, this is gold

  12. #112
    The cop is in custody......good.

  13. #113
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Rofl, this is gold
    Remember folks, it's okay to loot businesses as long as you do so as the wealthy owner of a private equity firm. Otherwise you may as well be a terrorist. /s

    Today's cultural zeitgeist is brought to you by the letter S:

    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Holy shit. Is there a German word for laughter that feels like it's stabbing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" Rochana is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun. Speaking of utterly morally bankrupt.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    What’s the point of debating being gay vs. being a racial minority? And what is it with a few certain people in this thread that seem to forget you can be both?

    Being a part of either groups or both present two unique challenges that sometimes overlap and sometimes they don’t. That’s about the end of it.
    some people don't remember that the KKK killed gay people?

    racism and homophobia is bad! and racists are generally homophobes too!

  16. #116
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Holy shit. Is there a German word for laughter that feels like it's stabbing you.
    Schmerzhafteslachen, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  17. #117
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Seriously stop crying. Asking people to condemn something anyone with any reason can decline for themselves. Coupled with a leader in the White House fueling this.

    At this point the situation will sort it’s way out. Idiots rioting will either continue to be ignored or it will escalate. Either way everyone is free to make a choice.

    These cops obviously don’t care. Enough lip service. Justice NOW!
    The only crying on my end is trying to fathom why any sane person would give a pass on looting and destroying their own town. It's absolutely baffling to me. Three only thing they're going to accomplish is turning the narrative into making them the villians and not the cops.

  18. #118
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    35,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The only crying on my end is trying to fathom why any sane person would give a pass on looting and destroying their own town. It's absolutely baffling to me. Three only thing they're going to accomplish is turning the narrative into making them the villians and not the cops.
    Firstly the people looting often aren't from the town it seems to be outsiders and the theory now is that they're opportunist from elsewhere.

    Last time this happened and white people were saying it was a bunch of black people looting themselves... it wasn't... arrest showed the overwhelming majority were from out of the city.

  19. #119
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The only crying on my end is trying to fathom why any sane person would give a pass on looting and destroying their own town. It's absolutely baffling to me. Three only thing they're going to accomplish is turning the narrative into making them the villians and not the cops.
    Fortunately, this was answered for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive
    This country has done whatever it wanted with black people's bodies since the 1500s to the present day. This is not a series of recent incidents followed by skirmishes, this is pretty much the entire structural edifice of the country since before its inception, in tandem with law enforcement, the judiciary, the legislative process, and a population that has consistently ignored and rationalized it, and you are still asking people to register their objections to centuries of horrific abuse and murder, legal, gross injustices, and all manner of relentless daily indignities in a way that you'd feel more comfortable with.
    Check thyself colonizer.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Schmerzhafteslachen, probably.
    Haha, that would be great.
    Sadly no, there isn't.

    I guess the closest would be a "Lachkrampf", which is not about pain, but about not being able to stop laughing. But most of the time that hurts after a while
    ("Krampf" is a cramp)


    Edit
    Just to be clear, if you say "schmerzhaftes Lachen" everyone would understand you, but it's 2 words and just translates to "painful laughter"
    The more common thing to say in such a situation is just "Ich habe Schmerzen vor lauter Lachen" -> "I am in pain due to all the laughing"
    Last edited by Inuyaki; 2020-05-29 at 05:53 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •