Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Yea fuck off with that privilege bullshit.
    Nope. Your posts reek of it. Every single time you bitch about the protesting rather than the actual cause of it, you're demonstrating your privilege.

My empathy ends when they beat the shit out of a women in a mobility cart.
    A woman who drove her cart to the store for the express purpose of stabbing black looters and ignoring white ones? This was already covered in the thread.

When you do clownery, the clown comes back to bite.

My empathy ends when the destroy the very fucking town they live in.
    Perhaps that should be their decision to make, considering the circumstances.

You lot started a war with Britain over less.

My empathy ends when people like you say I'm the bad guy for thinking like any normal human being that worked hard for their shit would feel.
    Putting conditions on empathy, especially for victims of a centuries' long system of oppression, is not normal. It's sociopathic.

So the correct answer is you had no empathy to begin with, and are using this as a soapbox to be contrarian.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-05-29 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they arrested the officer finally.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Putting conditions on empathy is not normal. It's sociopathic.
    But don't you understand? He wanted to be empathic, he is the good guy here. But then suddenly the bad black people were angry that they were oppressed. How dare they.

10+ Year Old Account
    I condemned the police that murdered him. But good try bud.
    Yeah. And how many posts have you spent bemoaning the plight of cops and business owners who, last I checked, were still alive?

Drop the act, hun.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    But don't you understand? He wanted to be empathic, he is the good guy here. But then suddenly the bad black people were angry that they were oppressed. How dare they.
    Same energy.

BOULDER, CO—Expressing frustration that she routinely wouldn’t allow him to finish his point without cutting him off, local graphic designer Julian Serra told reporters Friday there were times when his coworker Ericka Lerado really needed to just shut up and let him be an ally to her. “Ericka is great, she really is, but she needs to learn to take a step back so she doesn’t keep getting in my way when I’m trying to support women in the workplace,” said Serra, adding that every time he tried to talk about how professional women had been historically marginalized, Lerado had to pipe up and give everyone her two cents on the subject. “Sometimes I want to shout at her, ‘Hey, listen, I’m here for you! Would you keep your goddamn mouth closed for one second so I can help you?’ I’m one of the few guys in the office who’s in her corner. If she let me get a fucking word in edgewise once in a while, I’d be able to prove it.” At press time, a visibly enraged Serra could be seen balling up his fists after Lerado interrupted his speech about the glass ceiling.

10+ Year Old Account
    But seeing the lengths you'll go through just to make sure that your victimhood is almost on par with the guy who died.
    Citation needed. I know that the 8Channer's Guide to Internet Arguing says to accuse someone of trying to win an oppression contest at this point in the discussion but I don't recall having actually done this.

Just...what was the word? Empathised.

- - - Updated - - -

Too much of a pussy to call me a racist to my face huh? Never brought race into this. Looting and destroying shit undermines the cause it's that simple
    "Black people are great, they really are, but they really need to learn to take a step back so they don't keep getting in my way when I'm trying to support black people."

10+ Year Old Account
    I condemned the police that murdered him. But good try bud.
    Who gives a fuck about your condemnation or the fact he was fired. He fucking put his knee on a fucking human beings neck and fucking killed him slowly.

Not one goddamn officer stopped or helped let alone arrested him on the spot for the killing.

Not one did shit!

People watching warned them and they did nothing. He was handcuffed on the ground.

People take a knee in the NFL and everyone is worried about someone’s feelings. People protest unarmed and are threatened with death by Trump.

Save your fucking words and sentiments. It means nothing.

Condemning people for stupidity and rioting means nothing.

Target has insurance a building can be rebuilt. Innocent people being murdered by cops there is no take back.

No justice how the fuck can you honestly ask for peace.

Cops just do what they do, these idiots just do what they do and we’ll all just fucking stand around until people who know better decide to act like human beings. Cops can go first.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gey we have it almost as bad as blacks!!@@@
    Hmm....

I'm gay, thanks for noticing the cultural intersection between our oppressed communities! We still don't have it as bad as them though.
    Christ. Y'all really haven't grown out of the subreddit debate mindset at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gey we have it almost as bad as blacks!!@@@
    It isn’t a competition and your being fucking gay isn’t relevant to the topic. Cops aren’t murdering you because they see you as a threat and know they can get away with it.

Otherwise they might fear your being disappointed in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    It isn’t a competition and your being fucking gay isn’t relevant to the topic. Cops aren’t murdering you because they see you as a threat and know they can get away with it.

Otherwise they might fear your being disappointed in them.
    He was attempting to mock me by lying about what I said. He'd never be so base as to believe that he might benefit from an oppressive system by virtue of his demographic, obviously.

Too much of a pussy to call me a racist to my face huh? Never brought race into this. Looting and destroying shit undermines the cause it's that simple
    So then what's your stance on police starting the whole thing with teargas on peaceful protesters and the looting and riots being started by cops smashing windows? Is that all still okay? I guess only the looters in the end are to blame?
    Those cops knew exactly what they were doing, group dynamics can be simple. And people like you fall for that shit.

No, I don't condone looting and violent riots. I understand it though, after decades of ignoring peaceful protests and going with police brutality after peaceful protesters. Not surprising that it boils over at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you still haven't produced any valid reason i should feel empathetic towards people that'll burn shit down.

Loot, and trash a city. Just some limp wrist they're totally oppressed. Yea once they trash and loot a city. My and many other support it's gone. I want to see the cop go on trial. The only thing destroying the city will do is maybe things worse for them.
    Question.

Why do you feel the need to conflate your criticism of looting with questioning the existence the system of the oppression?

I know the answer is because you're trying to do everything possible to make these protesters out as illegitimate because public order is more important than black lives, but humour me.

And sweetie, nobody gives a shit about your support "vanishing" because as I said - banging on about the conditions for your empathy just broadcasts you had exactly zero to spare in the first place. You're a lost cause.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-05-29 at 06:20 PM.

Authorities just need to crack down hard on it and force them to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Authorities just need to crack down hard on it and force them to stop.
    Yeah that'll go over well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol exactly.

I mean that sucks but won't you think of all the racist white people that were finally going to give black people civil rights and then they decided not to because Target got Targeted? /s
    I actually grew up right on that block. I actually know the owner Sam of Cup Foods (not Cub Fiods the bigger chain supermarkets owned by Red Owl) on 38th and Chicago. I went to school 5 blocks from there Laura Ingles Wilder Elementary. That Speedway gas station was a Seven Eleven then a Super America gas station.

White and Black I feel every bit of anger they do.

People had enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are you people going to learn that militarized police crackdowns do not solve social problems.

It is literally just a feel good exercise for the privileged.

10+ Year Old Account
    But letting people run amok and destroy things people worked hard for is a-ok to you huh?
    1. Murder is worse than rioting.
    2. The rioting could be prevented if you stopped the murders.

You keep on falling back into this pit. When are you going to get that this is the sort of scenario where you, as a white person, should sit the fuck down when it comes to policing black people's reaction to an incident like this because you are fundamentally incapable of grasping what it is like to be in that situation by virtue of how American society is set up?

Yes, property damage and rioting is bad. Do you know what's worse? Speaking over the victims of a centuries' old system of oppression and dehumanisation, because doing so makes you an agent in maintaining that system. And that's what you're doing when you insist you know how they "should be" protesting.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-05-29 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was attempting to mock me by lying about what I said. He'd never be so base as to believe that he might benefit from an oppressive system by virtue of his demographic, obviously.
    Oh well. I’ll admit gay people are oppressed so I missed that in his text.

I just really didn’t appreciate him or anyone undermining either situation as a way of minimizing what’s going on so he can shake his finger.

When are you people going to learn that militarized police crackdowns do not solve social problems.

It is literally just a feel good exercise for the privileged.
    There's absolutely no reason why it should be tolerated that they smash peoples stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    There's absolutely no reason why it should be tolerated that they smash peoples stuff.
    Why not? Y'all tolerate black people being lynched.

That's the point. No lives matter until black lives matter.