Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    1. Murder is worse than rioting.
    2. The rioting could be prevented if you stopped the murders.
    I don’t think anyone with a brain looks at the rioting and applauding I’m sure you aren’t either.

So I agree with you in that it’s stupid to start lecturing people about what they should do about other free bone headed people when systems of justice won’t do the same for it’s own.

Again rioting is stupid and pointless but Target and building are insured that can be rebuilt.

Yes they are harming the community and so are cops who murder innocent civilians.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Why not? Y'all tolerate black people being lynched.

That's the point. No lives matter until black lives matter.
    Could you lie more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    You ever heard the term oppression Olympics. That's the first thing i thought of when i read that thing. None of that matters anyway because oppression it's a matter of perception from person to person.
    Something which is categorically false, but is a common myth designed to reduce bigotry to a function of individual bias and not of social or legal systems so I'm not surprised you're repeating it here.

What's the next scary word picked up from Reddit that's gonna be thrown out haphazardly, I wonder? Will it be Intersectionality? Male Gaze? Or even the dreaded....Affirmative Action. *lightning strikes in the distance*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You ever heard the term oppression Olympics. That's the first thing i thought of when i read that thing. None of that matters anyway because oppression it's a matter of perception from person to person.

No oppression is a matter of fucking reality even if you don’t realize it. And if ones empathy is limited by ones own skin in the game then we’re all dumber for that fact as well.

Context of course matters but again if you can’t stand up and show empathy for others when it’s your turn don’t cry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Could you lie more?
    That would require you demonstrate I'm lying in the first place.

I'm gonna take a leaf out of your book and do what you do every time someone comments on South Korea; you don't live here, so why should we listen to what you say?

- - - Updated - - -

Bud he's been going on like this for 4 threads now. I'm Responsible for what hapoened. Ya know being in texas according to him.
    Strawman. C'mon, I'm nearly at logical fallacy bingo.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's absolutely no reason why it should be tolerated that they smash peoples stuff.
    Murder shouldn’t be tolerated either way especially by those that should be there to protect.

That would require you demonstrate I'm lying in the first place.
    I'm not fine with people being killed because they're black. You're lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don’t think anyone with a brain looks at the rioting and applauding I’m sure you aren’t either.
    Don't you find it curious how both of the remaining right wingers in the thread have stopped trying to dispute that systemic racism exists and are just throwing out ad hominems and other fallacies?

It's almost as if this is such a clear cut case of injustice that it's indefensible from any reasonable standpoint. I guess that only leaves the crazies.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not fine with people being killed because they're black. You're lying.
    Then why does it keep happening, if you people aren't fine with it? Where's the outrage?

Then why does it keep happening, if you people aren't fine with it? Where's the outrage?
    As it turns out, we're not omnipotent beings that can stop anyone from killing anyone. Shocking, I know.

None of that matters anyway because oppression it's a matter of perception from person to person.
    Moral relativism is a deep concept preached by the shallow affluent.

Isn't it telling that you can only pooh-pooh at how people express their frustration at decades of oppression when you sit in a position of privilege and immunity?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you find it curious how both of the remaining right wingers in the thread have stopped trying to dispute that systemic racism exists and are just throwing out ad hominems and other fallacies?

It's almost as if this is such a clear cut case of injustice that it's indefensible from any reasonable standpoint. I guess that only leaves the crazies.
    Lol yes as much as praising idiots like Candace Owens saying the same shit from her fabricated platform that racism doesn’t exist, except when she sued her former college for it or trying to suggest real racism is against Alt right idiots

- - - Updated - - -

Lol yes as much as praising idiots like Candace Owens saying the same shit from her fabricated platform that racism doesn’t exist, except when she sued her former college for it or trying to suggest real racism is against Alt right idiots

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure you'd like the male gaze. Since you're only slightly less oppressed than ther average black dude.
    "I figure you'd like the male gaze because you're queer", you mean. Dogwhistles are supposed to be subtle, hun, you really shouldn't have tried drawing attention to that post about my sexuality before making this; it might have looked more innocent otherwise.

Also, Karen; no. "Male Gaze" is a concept in film studies.

10+ Year Old Account
    American solution, we need roof koreans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove I'm right wing. You maybe the claim. Back that shit up son.
    Simple. Any claims of you being left wing or holding left wing philosophies can be explained by this handy diagram:

Prove I'm right wing. You maybe the claim. Back that shit up son.
    It's like you have anterograde amnesia and can't remember every post after you have made them.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Lol yes as much as praising idiots like Candace Owens saying the same shit from her fabricated platform that racism doesn’t exist, except when she sued her former college for it or trying to suggest real racism is against Alt right idiot.
    Memery aside, there are limits to how funny this sort of nonsense gets because, let's not forget.

All of the doublethink, lying, strawmanning, logical fallacies, misrepresentation, what have you are all mechanisms of oppression, in this context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Privilege and immunity because I'm too damn busy working to do stupid shit?
    "Only unemployed people protest."

Yes. Because you feel that your position in society is not threatened by these trends; that is the privilege.

Nope you said I'm right wing. Posting a horse shoe doesn't reflect any statement or belief i hold. Need to try harder than that
    Maybe, but then your entire post history of repeating alt-right talking points speaks for itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope you said I'm right wing. Posting a horse shoe doesn't reflect any statement or belief i hold. Need to try harder than that
    As said, your anterograde amnesia regarding policies you support in one post but not another is a you problem.

Shouldn't you be working, like you said? I thought you didn't have time to waste.

It's quite hilarious watching people on internet arguing about where someone is on the political scale as if it matters where someone thinks they are.