Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, if you had people smashing your stuff you wouldn't just be like /shrug, oh well, this should be tolerated.
    ehm yes...

If someone in my town was killed by an oppressive police and nothing would be done and people would protest and fight back. I literally would not care if something happened to my property as collateral damage. That's what insurance is for.

Luckily can't happen anyway, because we don't have a police problem in Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't just go all /shrug if people smashed your stuff. I know you wouldn't.
    Whatever reaction, it wouldn't be enough to make me call the pigs, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The fuck? Order as in maintaining public order. Making sure people aren't running amok. But the cops whos job it is fucked up the 1st time. Upsetting public order. Riots did the rest. You ever drive when all the traffic lights are out? Pretty damn hard to do without order huh? Society operates much in the same way.
    Well the bar here is murder you’re complaining about traffic. Priorities
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    ehm yes...

If someone in my town was killed by an oppressive police and nothing would be done and people would protest and fight back. I literally would not care if something happened to my property as collateral damage. That's what insurance is for.

Luckily can't happen anyway, because we don't have a police problem in Germany.
    So if you're sitting at home watching TV there's no problem if people just come and bash your door in, go and smash your house up? Maybe light your car on fire? Maybe the house? That's just fine to you?

I don't believe for a second you'd be fine with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought multiculturalism was a boon for any nation.

But it just seems you have more division and segregation because of it...
    At least you get to burn down restaurants with flavors from all over the world when you decide to pillage and loot in the name of "revolution"...
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-30 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    but the looters and arsonist are not among those that deserve it.
    I am going to hazard a guess, that you are either going to suddenly be amnesiac like Saninicus here, or deflect to the usual alt-right racist talking point after I kindly inform you that the looters and arsonists were actually plainclothes white cops.

Maybe even both, considering it's literally impossible for your ilk to hit a new low from where you all are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I thought ICE had the legal domestic terrorism aspect covered? Or, no...they're the Gestapo, I forgot. Silly me.
    Tut tut.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Buttercup you seem to be projecting. Having empathy for people that are having their lives upended/destroyed but have absolutely nothing to do with this situation other than living and working in the general vicinity of something tragic/outrageous that happened is not the sign of someone who lacks empathy.
    *yawn* Straaaawwwman. No one claimed you can't have empathy for the business owners.

What is being criticized is prioritizing the business owners or somehow making their plight out to be on par or worse than someone who got lynched by law enforcement. As I said earlier:

1. Murder is worse than rioting.
    2. The rioting could be prevented if you stopped the murders.

You keep on falling back into this pit. When are you going to get that this is the sort of scenario where you, as a white person, should sit the fuck down when it comes to policing black people's reaction to an incident like this because you are fundamentally incapable of grasping what it is like to be in that situation by virtue of how American society is set up?

Yes, property damage and rioting is bad. Do you know what's worse? Speaking over the victims of a centuries' old system of oppression and dehumanisation, because doing so makes you an agent in maintaining that system. And that's what you're doing when you insist you know how they "should be" protesting.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    And here I thought multiculturalism was a boon for any nation.
    The US treatment of black people is the further thing possible from multiculturalism, Felicia. Please take your anti-globalist nonsense elsewhere.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So let me ask a simple question for @Freighter and @Saninicus

If in the 30s Jews would have fought back against Nazis. And destroyed property along the way. Would you REALLY be "Jews suck, they should not fight back"?
    I guess not... (at least I hope not)

So where draw the line? Every Jew/black Person? At 1m deaths? 100k? 50k? 1k?
    There are A LOT of unnecessary deaths of PoC in the US. From an European perspective, it's staggering that the situation was this tame until now tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I, as a non-black person generally avoid overly black areas. Like a 98% black town... yeah no thank you.
    That's some nice racism right there...

If in the 30s Jews would have fought back against Nazis. And destroyed property along the way. Would you REALLY be "Jews suck, they should not fight back"?

There are A LOT of unnecessary deaths of PoC in the US. From an European perspective, it's staggering that the situation was this tame until now tbh.
    Godwin'd. Amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck? Order as in maintaining public order. Making sure people aren't running amok. But the cops whos job it is fucked up the 1st time. Upsetting public order. Riots did the rest. You ever drive when all the traffic lights are out? Pretty damn hard to do without order huh? Society operates much in the same way.
    If this were true it would be reflected in a lower crime rate for communities that are subjected to higher levels of policing when, funnily enough, the opposite tends to be the case.

The Thin Blue Line is a racist myth, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not talking about wal-mart. Talking about your stuff. Car, apartment. Etc.
    Guess what I pay taxes I have insurance. However if where I live allowed police or anyone to just go out and randomly murder innocent civilians. I think my concern is going to be less about my stuff.

Treat people fucking decently and fairly and this kind of shit wouldn’t be happening. Then you might have a community that can say.

Well a man was murdered and justice did it’s job, now those reactions to it like rioting the focus can then be placed on them.

But guess what if you didn’t have one you likely wouldn’t get the other. And if you did people could unify against that behavior. That along with insurance and law to make those responsible pay would be in order.

I mean, it's so simple: imagine if I am a tyrant, what would be my authoritarian wet dream? That the people I am exploiting and oppressing willingly choose to not oppose my rule with an iron fist.

This is exactly why people like Saninicus and Freighter among other sociopaths, are consistently called out for being the morally and ethically bankrupt right-wingers that they are - because they support and apologize for the best interests of authoritarianism.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    That's some nice racism right there...
    Says you. That’s also not how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

This is exactly why people like Saninicus and Freighter among other sociopaths, are consistently called out for being the morally and ethically bankrupt right-wingers that they are - because they support and apologize for the best interests of authoritarianism.
    Here we are again, people screaming about psychiatric issues that I simply don't have. It's quite hilarious how you can't refrain from making personal attacks.

And oh, you have no idea what right-wing actually is. Nor do you have any idea of psychiatry.

Godwin'd. Amazing.
    I gave a historic comparison. I could have chosen others, but this is well known.
    Jews were not put in death chambers in the 30s btw, I explicitly didn't use the 40s. They were just targets of racism and killed "here and there".

Also Godwin never meant it to be taboo to compare something to Nazis.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...talking-about/
    Have fun reading. And thinking. Maybe.

Edit
    btw funny that BOTH of you just ignored my point and didn't go into it at all... but I didn't expect anything tbh

Irrelevant to the conversation. Jews in the 30s have no bearing on what cops and people are doing in 2020.
    Except the oppression and harassment faced by the Jews is exactly the same faced by African Americans.

The thing is, you want it to be irrelevant, because any effective opposition whatsoever is obviously detrimental to your alt-right ilk's ends.

I am going to hazard a guess, that you are either going to suddenly be amnesiac like Saninicus here, or deflect to the usual alt-right racist talking point after I kindly inform you that the looters and arsonists were actually plainclothes white cops.

Maybe even both, considering it's literally impossible for your ilk to hit a new low from where you all are.
    Sorry, but I don't take your word for anything. If you show me some real evidence that all of the looting and arson was being carried out by police as you imply I will happily advocate for the full weight of the justice system be rammed down their throat and then some. Now I am sure some of it in this situation may have been the cops, but all I have seen has been speculation and I tend to avoid letting my emotions dictate what my eyes are seeing.

The thing is, what I said is that the looters and the arsonist don't deserve empathy which if they are cops or not still holds. I never said anything about the protestors(which I do have empathy for) so maybe that is why you are so confused?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Says you. That’s also not how that works.
    Are you saying white people are immune to racism? Or that they can be victims of racism, but they should accept it?

Would the sentence be racist if someone said it like that?

Except the oppression and harassment faced by the Jews is exactly the same faced by African Americans.
    Hahaha, no.