Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Yeah it always annoyed me that they implemented this arbitrary division. And don't forget - some classes like Monk and DH don't get a choice at all. They have ONE available option regardless of spec.



    If you only use a mount because others don't have it, you're what is wrong with the world.
    I only use mounts because others don't have them. There's nothing wrong with that, they're more valuable.

    If you actually think people should shelve their TCG mounts in favor of a cool looking mount you get as a quest chain reward, idk what to say.

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    But in the end, does it really matter?
    It does. Customization is a huge part of the game and this spec restriction unreasonably limits it.

    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    but in the end they are all mounts that no one will use anyways because literally every single player in the game got them
    I was like you back in Wrath or something but over time I started to use mounts based on their visuals and how well they fit whatever transmog I'm currently wearing. Still, to each their own.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    but in the end they are all mounts that no one will use anyways because literally every single player in the game got them
    you must be on a dead server then :S

  4. #24
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    It does. Customization is a huge part of the game and this spec restriction unreasonably limits it.

    I guess you can randomly apply that to anything that you disagree with. Customisation is a huge part, so not being able to transmog swords to daggers on my rogue is "a specc restriction that unreasonably limits it". (because I say so and ignore the reason that it messes with attack animation)

    There are reasons. We have tried to offer them. Fair enough if you think that is "unreasonable", but ...hey...people want to transmog cloth to plate because the current restriction unreasonably restricts them from playing their role fantasy of a battle mage.

    I am not even disagreeing with OPs suggestion to make all colours available to all speccs, but to say it is messed up or unreasonable is just your typical forum hyperbole.

  5. #25
    I simply do not understand why the paladin has all the colors available for any spec, and for example the priest or the warrior, or the dk, have 1 color for each spec, is that I cannot understand it, just as I do not understand why monk or dh only have 1 mount color, this is pointless.
    It is idiotic, the same as paladins have ashbringer but warriors do not have shalamayne, the warrior sword par excellence ...
    I think legion was a good expansion, but I also think that some classes came out better than others, and one of them is the paladin without a doubt ...

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess you can randomly apply that to anything that you disagree with. Customisation is a huge part, so not being able to transmog swords to daggers on my rogue is "a specc restriction that unreasonably limits it". (because I say so and ignore the reason that it messes with attack animation)
    Except in the case of swords and daggers, there is a clear reason and you stated it. There is no such reason when it comes to class mount colors.

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There are reasons. We have tried to offer them. Fair enough if you think that is "unreasonable", but ...hey...people want to transmog cloth to plate because the current restriction unreasonably restricts them from playing their role fantasy of a battle mage.
    Have you? The only reason I've seen so far in this thread is "resources are better spent elsewhere". But honestly, how much resources would it take to lift a single restriction and put a few mounts on a vendor? As for mogging cloth to plate, it's a much more complex issue because there are many reasons both for and against it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •