Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy suggestion legion mounts

There are classes that have 3 mount colors, depending on your chosen spec.
    There are other classes that have 3 or 4 colors and can choose the color they want regardless of the chosen spec.

And I ask, why? What do you remember right now, the warrior, or the dk can't choose the frame color. But the paladin if they can. This doesn't make sense. It would be good to be able to choose the frame color regardless of the spec. , like the paladin or the warlock.

I would like to know, who is the blizzard genius who messes up decisions like this ... he must be a real useless ...

10+ Year Old Account
    but in the end they are all mounts that no one will use anyways because literally every single player in the game got them

Yeah it always annoyed me that they implemented this arbitrary division. And don't forget - some classes like Monk and DH don't get a choice at all. They have ONE available option regardless of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    but in the end they are all mounts that no one will use anyways because literally every single player in the game got them
    If you only use a mount because others don't have it, you're what is wrong with the world.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a significant issue to allocate any resources towards it. I've unlocked them all on my account too and if I want to use a specific one, I'll simply change specs. I know what you're talking about how some classes like warlocks can pick w/e variation they want regardless of spec and others like warriors/shamans and many more can't. But in the end, does it really matter? Is it game breaking and ruins the game? Or is it simply more of an inconvenience? I'm thinking it's the later and therefore doesn't warrant much of a change, if at all. Not trying to step on toes, I just think there's bigger fish to fry.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I have almost every Legion class mount marked as favourite as I like most of them. There are some notable exceptions like the warrior mount because I don't care for proto-drakes and the priest mount because it looks god awful, but the rest are pretty great.

Whether other people choose to use them is none of my business.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Maybe they will pull back on the spec restrictions in Shadowlands now that they are trying to move away from "spec fantasy" for "class fantasy". I'd like them to do so for artifact weapons as well.

Shit bro, not everyone treats WoW mounts as virtual epeen dicks. Some of us can actually appreciate good art.

I always use my green warlock mount personally. I love the look and the trail it leaves. Took awhile for me to get over the fact they're still more horses...
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

they are saddle, "that nobody will use because literally all the players got it?" but in which world do you live? of course I use them, the ones that I like and I don't care if the others have them or not. the invincible, and I like legion mounts more, even having them "all over the world", is that important? to me it does not care about exclusivity. what matters to me is fun.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So, every single player is using a unique mount or...?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    There are classes that have 3 mount colors, depending on your chosen spec.
    There are other classes that have 3 or 4 colors and can choose the color they want regardless of the chosen spec.

And I ask, why? What do you remember right now, the warrior, or the dk can't choose the frame color. But the paladin if they can. This doesn't make sense. It would be good to be able to choose the frame color regardless of the spec. , like the paladin or the warlock.

I would like to know, who is the blizzard genius who messes up decisions like this ... he must be a real useless ...
    probably the same person who decided you cant tmog anything into fist weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So, every single player is using a unique mount or...?
    so you are telling me all other druids have flight form as well and Im not the only one with it?
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2020-05-31 at 12:09 PM.

in this game there are many things that don't make sense

I've always wished I could use another color of the Lunarwing or the priest owl. It would be nice to choose somehow.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post

so you are telling me all other druids have flight form as well and Im not the only one with it?
    They changed that back in 8.1.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    I hope you're aware that tmog rule hasn't existed for most if not all of BFA. Any 1H weapon can be tmogged into fist weapons and vice versa.

As for choosing which spec version of the Legion class mounts you use, they could do it like the mechanical cat on Mechagon where you just talk to an NPC in your class order hall to switch the version. That would however come at the cost of being unable to switch color on the fly and having to go back to your class order hall every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don't think this is a significant issue to allocate any resources towards it. I've unlocked them all on my account too and if I want to use a specific one, I'll simply change specs. I know what you're talking about how some classes like warlocks can pick w/e variation they want regardless of spec and others like warriors/shamans and many more can't. But in the end, does it really matter? Is it game breaking and ruins the game? Or is it simply more of an inconvenience? I'm thinking it's the later and therefore doesn't warrant much of a change, if at all. Not trying to step on toes, I just think there's bigger fish to fry.
    While this particular case is not an issue for me, I just want to add here that.... THIS is what I would consider game breaking :P Stats, essences, azerite, artifacts, mage towers, raids, dungeons... it will all last a good 6-24 months and then poof it becomes irrelevant. Cosmetic rewards? They are eternal. The removal of such (mage tower skins, CM sets, etc) or the arbitrary limitaion of such is... the most game breaking thing for me (and possibly other players who play the game for the aesthetics over the numbers).

So let's respect that different things matter to different types of people, and this kind of stuff matters to us.

couldnt care less what others have, im using my class mount because its one of the best in the game that fits rogue perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I asked about that (and daggers) in another thread and apparently the reason has to do with weapon animation. At least there is an answer...which ofc everyone is free to hate and lol at.
    But hey, you can do it as of 8.1 so that's been taken care of, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I hope you're aware that tmog rule hasn't existed for most if not all of BFA. Any 1H weapon can be tmogged into fist weapons and vice versa.

As for choosing which spec version of the Legion class mounts you use, they could do it like the mechanical cat on Mechagon where you just talk to an NPC in your class order hall to switch the version. That would however come at the cost of being unable to switch color on the fly and having to go back to your class order hall every time.
    that took them a really long time. but better than never.

they can always add some kind of glyph for that, you can buy from your class trainer or get made by jobs which you can carry around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Yeah it always annoyed me that they implemented this arbitrary division. And don't forget - some classes like Monk and DH don't get a choice at all. They have ONE available option regardless of spec.

If you only use a mount because others don't have it, you're what is wrong with the world.
    I only use mounts because others don't have them. There's nothing wrong with that, they're more valuable.

If you actually think people should shelve their TCG mounts in favor of a cool looking mount you get as a quest chain reward, idk what to say.