Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Because we're all chatting magically on a mystical board of words that hover just to the bottom left that other heroes and champions seem to use to call me a noob xD

Your immersion is nobody else's responsibility unless you're clearly in an RP situation. There's no reason to expect every player to RP if that's not why they're playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I vary my phrases a lot depending on my mood... no I won't alter for your sake.
    Try having your "moods" in public. Oh, but it's your moods. We'll see how that goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Your immersion is nobody else's responsibility unless you're clearly in an RP situation. There's no reason to expect every player to RP if that's not why they're playing the game.
    Let's not kid ourselves here. The people talking slang are elitist bros who skip story and just like to smash faces. No one paying attention to the story would go into a dungeon with "yo."

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves here. The people talking slang are elitist bros who skip story and just like to smash faces. No one paying attention to the story would go into a dungeon with "yo."
    Being stuck up doesn't mean people who say "yo" don't do dungeons or raid or level various alts.

I’m not trying to spam or be a troll, but why do people talk street in fantasy MMORPGs? (“Yo.”) I get that you’ve seen some things, but if you’re willing to talk like a normal human being during job interviews, why do you talk street in a fantasy MMORPG, ruining immersion for everybody? Be considerate, even if it’s not work.
    What about words like Brb,LoL,GTFO,STFU,LFMAO,Rofl,GG?

Do they burst your bubble too?

I’m not trying to spam or be a troll, but why do people talk street in fantasy MMORPGs? (“Yo.”) I get that you’ve seen some things, but if you’re willing to talk like a normal human being during job interviews, why do you talk street in a fantasy MMORPG, ruining immersion for everybody? Be considerate, even if it’s not work.
    If I could talk street during professional situations with 0 ramifications (or potential ramifications) I would do it 100%. But people aren't ready for that kind of openness.

People adjust their vernacular to whatever they think the situation demands. It just so happens that, when you have online anonymity, people feel more free to be and act how they truly want to without social consequence or consideration, y0.

Ergo, I'll type and talk how I want kthx. If only the entire world were on-bard with the things anonymity provides... as in protection from real meaningful consequences just based on judgments and disagreements with ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    What about words like Brb,LoL,GTFO,STFU,LFMAO,Rofl,GG?

Do they burst your bubble too?
    No, that's gamer talk. Not street talk. Gamer talk belongs in games. Street talk belongs in the street.

Closing this down given the racial undertones. If you want to make a thread to discuss a topic, please keep it within the forum rules.