Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

new short story: A Moment in Verse

War has come, war will come again, I am old enough to have watched my people rise and fall and rise once more, and I myself have withered like the winter tree before blossoming anew.”

A new World of Warcraft short story is now available to read: A Moment in Verse!

First Arcanist Thalyssra and Regent-Lord Lor'themar Theron set aside the troubles of their individual worlds to spend one beautiful evening in a contest of verse—and in each other's hearts.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...oment-in-verse

so they are a thing now huh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Madeleine Roux seems to be the new lead writer outside of WoW now Christie Golden is apart of Blizzard. She wrote the new Traveler book, the new book that's to be released and now this one.

Really nervous when new writers jump in... Fingers crossed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    so they are a thing now huh...
    It's been hinted ever since 8.2 and 8.2.5

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I will not be surprised to meet the messenger that interrupted Thalyssra and Lor'themar in the Shadowlands later on.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Really interesting he brings up KT right before we see him have a "redemption arc". I hope somehow he is there to see it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So all this story really did was reintroduce Kael to the thin slice of people that read supplemental short stories but don't keep up with datamining, cool I guess.

Still a better love story than Thrall and Aggra.

And Sylvanas and Nathanos.

And Rhonin and Vereesa.

And Alleria and Turalyon.

And that goblin and gnome whose names I forgot.

And definitely Malfurion and Tyrande.

And sadly the above says more about the poor quality of said stories in the first place than of the quality of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

And Rhonin and Vereesa.

And sadly the above says more about the poor quality of said stories in the first place than of the quality of this one.
    saffy and grizzy!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    someone just got laid tonight

lucky dude

Lor'themar and Liadrin are still better tbh. And never forget that Thalyssra was slated to have a female lover before they erased that from the PTR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

And Rhonin and Vereesa.

Thrall and Aggra are fine. I liked Sylvanas and Nathanos a lot more before I found out about the Danuser thing. The other relationships are fine too.
    change can't wait.

makes sense to write a story about the only well received part of any of wow's writing for the past 2 years. still you can make em kiss but you cant make thalyssra or lor'themar any less of the nazi collaborators you wrote them as for the whole expansion.

how did they fuck up bfa so badly
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

So did she carry Bob to the bed? Is he the little spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Lor'themar and Liadrin are still better tbh. And never forget that Thalyssra was slated to have a female lover before they erased that from the PTR
    You underestimate the power of money.

And never forget that Thalyssra was slated to have a female lover before they erased that from the PTR
    did that never make it to live? seriously?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that short story wasnt only the buildup towards Kael'thas redemption, but also as a build up for Lor'themar story. Im tired of them shoving him into the corner every expansion. Make him more active player for fucks sake.

Wtf did i even read. Is Lorthemar like 12 years old, having his first date in his life meeting his first childhood love or something, while not having the slightest amount of control, discipline and self-confidence? How is such a character supposed to lead anyone... and in what honest reality do females like these kind of ultra insecure "males"? Certainly not in our world and i very much doubt that this kind of character behaviour would keep him alive long in World of Warcraft... and in what world does such a character even become the leader of any people...

Seriously, who writes this crap. I barely made it past the first page and scrolled fast through the rest and the badly written love story and unfitting characterization of Lorthemar and Thalyssra, who should be in Lorthemars case at least some hundreds, in Thalyssras case thousands of years old, behaving like nervous giggling teenagers, never stops. Not an improvement to Golden at all so far. Reads like a wet roleplay dream from a leftist SJW from California.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    did that never make it to live? seriously?
    wow gets too much china money to put lgbt in. blizzard's writers masquerade as progressives but are actually spineless sycophants like the rest of em

the best you will ever get is bs like sneaking in a gay meaningless ghost npc from a profession quest like in legion that can easily be erased for chinese realms
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Yeah, I believe it was Tyrande that was the female lover.

I wonder if they went back to Thalyssra's chambers and Lor'themar used his arcane shot before she could get her mana shield up?

In all seriousness, it's good to finally see a Thalassian elf involved in a romance where it's not a male human stealing away our elf women as his fantasy trophy prize arm candy. Despite the impression I always got that it must be a huge disappointment and cultural taboo to find out your elf kid is gonna marry a human, it seems to happen all the time. Unless it's like the Asari in Mass Effect who sometimes apparently just tough it out for 50 years until their short-lived species partner dies since they themselves live to be 1,000 or more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, I believe it was Tyrande that was the female lover.
    From what I found, it was supposed to be this naga: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Abyssal_Commander_Sivara

She was Thalyssra's former student.