Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Dude, it's a business, it's very much about MAU. That's what they brag about during earnings reports, that's a high priority metric (below profits, but still very high).
    my point is that people use it as an argument when they shouldn't. I wasn't denying it's existence or importance to Blizzard.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    exept its true

    guess when we will see TD r3 and IS r3 ? on last possible rotation turn . to keep you subbed.
    Are people staying subbed to raid, m+, or do PvP? Then a rotation on corruptions makes no difference as people are still playing.
    Are you stating people are only staying subbed for corruptions? How much sense does that make? This is laughable.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The whole rotation takes 4 weeks
    So the rotation takes $15, nice.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I guess winning the lottery or rolling dice isn’t rng either by that logic.
    Dude, the rotation isn't rng. It is already set by blizzard. We have only seen 2 of the 4 weeks.

  5. #45
    They should have them all available at all times, the rotation is fucking stupid imo.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the "keep MAU numbers up" argument has never and will never make sense so please stop using it.

    It's not an "argument". Keeping the MAU numbers up is their legal responsibility they took on when they became a publicly traded company and decided on MAU as a metric to show their shareholders how many people are playing their games after they switched from active subscriptions(because most of their games don't have a subscription). It's not some far reaching conspiracy. It is literally their job.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It’s rng until we know the rotation.
    I feel like you don't know what RNG means.

  7. #47
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    So the rotation takes $15, nice.
    Yeah because you can only play with that crit% rank3 corruption, else you only afk in town.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    It's not an "argument". Keeping the MAU numbers up is their legal responsibility they took on when they became a publicly traded company and decided on MAU as a metric to show their shareholders how many people are playing their games after they switched from active subscriptions(because most of their games don't have a subscription). It's not some far reaching conspiracy. It is literally their job.
    lol it's not their legal responsibility to keep MAU's up. they won't be arrested or sued because MAU's drop suddenly. maybe you should look at what the word 'legal' means; I mean you're not wrong when you say it's their responsibility to keep gamers invested in their game, but is it a legal responsibility? no, no it is not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •