Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard, sort it out.

Dear Blizzard.

Joining a Battleground after waiting in a queue for 15 minutes. Only to be thrown into a match with 2 minutes left with the opposing faction already captured 2/3 flags to your teams 0 is not fun and you have 0 % chance of winning. Once I got put into a Battleground which I joined instantly after the queue popped and after the loading screen I got DEFEAT written on my screen. Must of had 10 seconds left before it decided to throw me an invite.

I get this for the MAJORITY of my games.

This is not fun. Please fix. This is garbage and frustrating for everyone playing. How have you left it this long without doing anything. If it's a losing game and there is no prospect of a win based on points/flag captures/time left then DON'T invite new players. Stop wasting peoples time.

You can't say you have no chance of winning if a BG starts out with 2:0 for one team. As for BGs like AB, it's also possible to turn them around very late. Sure, the chance is low, but it's there.

I agree it's pretty frustrating to get put into a BG that's about to end, but I think if there are any restrictions Blizzard should implement, it should be closing them after 10-15 minutes, regardless of the score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I said no chance of capturing 2 flags with 2 minutes left.

How about waiting for 15 min only to be thrown in a Trashran as Alliance, where you invariably lose because Alliance sucks balls at Trashran?

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You can't say you have no chance of winning if a BG starts out with 2:0 for one team. As for BGs like AB, it's also possible to turn them around very late. Sure, the chance is low, but it's there.
    It's extremely low, because you can't turn a BG around on your own and the people already there are usually already despondent and afk at that point. And they are the people who got the BG to that point in the first place when they were all actually trying.

I wonder if bliz looks at the proportion of players that back fill a losing BG and experience a turn around and a win. I suspect it's not very high.
    Last edited by wraysbury; 2020-05-27 at 02:07 PM.

On my battlegroup BGs are quite dumb be honest. Hordes wait 15 minute ques but win 90% of the times whereas Alliance wait 2 minute ques but lose 90% of the times. On top of this, I constantly end up in non-full groups as an Alliance. And I DO mean constantly.. 1 or 2 people short for almost the complete match.

Ok.

-Blizzard
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Dear Blizzard.

Joining a Battleground after waiting in a queue for 15 minutes. Only to be thrown into a match with 2 minutes left with the opposing faction already captured 2/3 flags to your teams 0 is not fun and you have 0 % chance of winning. Once I got put into a Battleground which I joined instantly after the queue popped and after the loading screen I got DEFEAT written on my screen. Must of had 10 seconds left before it decided to throw me an invite.

This is not fun. Please fix. This is garbage and frustrating for everyone playing. How have you left it this long without doing anything. If it's a losing game and there is no prospect of a win based on points/flag captures/time left then DON'T invite new players. Stop wasting peoples time.
    That is a problem many games have. Where do you draw the line? What is the point of no return? Because not letting join more people basically screws over the people allready fighting. The punishment for leaving should be harsher imho to keep people from leaving alltogether.

Also: "Must of had"... goosbumps. No idea why this bothers me so much^^ i am not even english myself Sorry. Grammarnazi over and out^^

Dear Blizzard.

Complaining about fast free honor and exp. It still amazes me to see everything complained about.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Complaining about fast free honor and exp. It still amazes me to see everything complained about.
    It's not about the rewards, it's about the game you play to get them. There's no point in rewards if the actual time you spend playing the game is not fun.

unkillable healers and premade teams are a much bigger problem in BGs than getting placed in matches that are about to end

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    unkillable healers and premade teams are a much bigger problem in BGs than getting placed in matches that are about to end
    This too is definitely a problem. With the direction Shadowlands is going it appears that gear imbalance coupled with corruption and other things will fix some of the issues. Number balancing is something Blizzard are aware of. If they choose not to act on it that is their decision but with the other stuff going away and the commitments they are making I think things will be a bit better in this regard.

I feel like this problem however is something that Blizzard has just overlooked and doesn't even think of as a problem because people don't talk about it and I think people should talk about it. If they are putting in efforts to fix a lot of issues with Battlegrounds and pvp participation then this needs to be high on the list for them to fix.

I think there should also be a minimum item level to participate. Had a Druid with 97k hp in my last match. My essence does double that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wraysbury View Post
    It's not about the rewards, it's about the game you play to get them. There's no point in rewards if the actual time you spend playing the game is not fun.
    Exactly. I couldn't care less about farming honor if the game isn't enjoyable to play.

I agree, they should just remove losing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    They could make up for long queue-times if they allowed players to queue up both for Brawls and regular BG's.
    You can do that now.

If people could vote to surrender as a collective group, it would probably sort this situation out. If people really think there isn't a way left to win to the point where it feels like one of those truly hopeless matches, then they can vote on it without wasting each other's time. It also doubles as a way to do away with opposing teams possibly dragging the matches out to grief or something. But, it does kind of create a complication on the other side for people who are trying to win under certain conditions or trying to do certain objectives for things like achievements or getting rep - but achievements and rep can be changed to compensate, so maybe it isn't that big a hurdle.

i experience this with epic bgs. I join one but the game is already finished, what is worse is it bugs and cannot get out of the bg as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

I agree it's pretty frustrating to get put into a BG that's about to end, but I think if there are any restrictions Blizzard should implement, it should be closing them after 10-15 minutes, regardless of the score.
    Legit had a match a few days back warsong gulch, horde started getting cocky and just batteling, our druid snuck by grabbed flag and rushed it, they thoguht they could just pick him off 2 mins left, 0/2 ez pz
    he made it by with a rogues help.

then the horde started getting abit serious (lol we got 1 and a half mins left and were farming your graveyard, what you gunna do-)

druid and 2 rogues go get flag and rush back, our 2 frost mages with our 2 heals keep the entire enemy team (I think a warrior and priest escaped but well.. 2 rogues)
    rest of us just kept between them and our carrier, havoc+ rooting conflag, shadowfury, havoc+mortal coil, fear, summon infernal, seduce, we just kept them held, a fair few of us died but
    20 seconds left we capped, horde literally was inches away from the flag and tried to get it back to their base but 20 seconds unless your an old vengence DH is not posible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Dear Blizzard.

yeah, callin BS here. I guarantee you you do not get this for the majority of games. I have played hundreds of bgs for both alliance and horde...and this happens. Sometimes. NOT ALWAYS. Neither it is a problem that has to be fixed. Random bgs are a clusterfuck in general...and there are much bigger problems than this nonsense.

Majority of bgs my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    How about waiting for 15 min only to be thrown in a Trashran as Alliance, where you invariably lose because Alliance sucks balls at Trashran?
    So like horde in AB, or most other BGs?

I said no chance of capturing 2 flags with 2 minutes left.
    So in those few seconds of logging into a bg you can instantly tell how the entire games gone, assessed the each team, taken into account disconnects, rage quitters, trolls, current progress of the objective to name a few.

I agree it sucks, but don't speak through your backside.

That being said, I do believe anyone who gets thrown into a bg in the final few minutes, regardless win or lost should be rewarded with something extra for the time wasted in the que
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate