Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

State of current Game Masters (GM)

Hello guys,

So I wanted to share this with you. Not because my problem wasn't solved (I somewhat knew that before hand, it really was my fault), but because of the quality of the response. When a GM doens't know fundamental names of the current game it's really kind of silly.

From a company like Blizzard you don't expect this I think. You would expect a little more professionality right?

And no this isn't a bash to modern World of Warcraft. Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy BfA and looking forward to Shadowlands as well. It's just that this is beneath the quality and standards of Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Hello guys,

So I wanted to share this with you. Not because my problem wasn't solved (I somewhat knew that before hand, it really was my fault), but because of the quality of the response. When a GM doens't know fundamental names of the current game it's really kind of silly.

From a company like Blizzard you don't expect this I think. You would expect a little more professionality right?

And no this isn't a bash to modern World of Warcraft. Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy BfA and looking forward to Shadowlands as well. It's just that this is beneath the quality and standards of Blizzard.
    What specifically is your complaint? the fact he was jovial?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    the fact he was jovial?
    The biggest sin in our internet society.

Should there be spelling errors in client-facing communication? No.

Have GM's always been meme lords? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Probably that the GM wrote "N'Zot" - misspelled the name. And that ofc warrants a thread about the current state of game masters" as in: They are ALL shite because of one spelling error on an item.

Say something about the state of customer(s) as well, I guess.
    I cant disagree with your assessment.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

That can't be real. I know that's supposed to be an EU GM and that by the greeting they're probably French, but I find it hard to believe that someone as bad at English as that would be put into a customer service position where they have to speak English.

I don't care when GMs are super friendly, but that shit is riiiiife with rambling, misspellings, poor grammar, etc.

Reading over the GM reply, I get the feeling that English isn't the GMs native language. There are far too many very small, but easy to make grammatical errors and the like. Chances are they are a French Native GM who got tossed over to answering English questions because the ticket load is too heavy on that side.

That said, the overall response seemed fine in my opinion.

that guy is clearly French,however what surprises me is that you found a Blizzard CS guy who's actually still human

9/10 times you end up talking to soulless drones

Well you get what you pay for. This is what cutting corners looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    That can't be real. I know that's supposed to be an EU GM and that by the greeting they're probably French, but I find it hard to believe that someone as bad at English as that would be put into a customer service position where they have to speak English.

I don't care when GMs are super friendly, but that shit is riiiiife with rambling, misspellings, poor grammar, etc.
    well there are many instances if people getting hired because of connections,but yeah...this kinda smells fishy...the guy made multiple mistakes,and they are some odd ones at that,kinda funny

Next thing you demand the Blizzard developers to actually play their own game before coming out will their shite timegated rng fiesta daily grind bullshit, you silly goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Next thing you demand the Blizzard developers to actually play their own game before coming out will their shite timegated rng fiesta daily grind bullshit, you silly goose.
    These narcissistic and toxic entitled fans think that by paying for playing a game they should get "service" or a "good product". Fricking idiots. Next thing you know they'll demand for Blizzard to actually QA their games, lol.

Your really care this much about a few spelling mistakes? The ticket was pointless as you said so the gm could have just said no and moved on but went into detail and tried to provide some alternatives, seems like did a good job to me. Idk what you could have to complain about, but I hope you get to see that manager.

If I were to guess, the GM is probably not used to dealing with tickets in English.

Even if the reply has poor grammar and sentence structure, its really not like the reply is entirely unreadable, nor nonsensical.

I think you are overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    that guy is clearly French,however what surprises me is that you found a Blizzard CS guy who's actually still human

9/10 times you end up talking to soulless drones
    Doesn't seem to be the case.

OP, the problem is YOU. Nothing in the ticket is worth being upset or angry about.

This sort of trash thread ("gm makes spelling mistakes = omg is that offensive to u gusy too?") is not what these forums need.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2020-05-30 at 11:36 PM.

While I appreciate the customer support in WOW a lot, and consider it way better than in many other games, I do agree with the OP to an extent.

I had a couple chats with GMs throughout BfA. Maybe it would be too much to call it "broken English", but it was clearly visible that they were not proficient English speakers. It wasn't just typos, but downright incorrect grammatical structures and weird non-existent collocations. English is not my first language but I have a teaching specialization in English so I notice these kinds of things. It does seem that Blizzard is hiring non-native speakers of English as eng customer support, maybe that's just cheaper.

I had 1 or 2 situations where I had to resubmit the ticket 2-3 times because the GM simply didn't understand the in-game problem I had and just kept giving me basic explanations how to turn something on/off through settings, which I had already told them had not worked. Those were probably the only times I was truly dissatisfied with the service. Other than that it was pretty much fine. I think I can handle someone typing in a weird way if they can fix my issue and actually know the game they are supposed to provide customer service for.

PS. Right, one more thing I actually dislike quite a bit is the "story time" part of GM's response to your ticket. I'm sure they are told to do it but to me it just sounds disingenous that whenever I have an issue, a GM tells me that he had the same issue once and it sucked. Feels very fake
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-05-30 at 11:53 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Can I just say anyone saying the OP is in the wrong for (reasonably) expecting a response from a paid service run by a multibillion-dollar organisation to have correct spelling (and ideally grammar) are being needlessly contrarian imo.

How would you like it if I sent you a letter of legal advice with multiple spelling and grammar errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Can I just say anyone saying the OP is in the wrong for (reasonably) expecting a response from a paid service run by a multibillion-dollar organisation to have correct spelling (and ideally grammar) are being needlessly contrarian imo.

How would you like it if I sent you a letter of legal advice with multiple spelling and grammar errors?
    Yea, great comparison man, exactly the same things!

sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Its not the same...at all. I'd be more annoyed if a GM was rude to me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi